PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder injury some input on rehab time?

zubbeyboy
08-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Id like a knowledgeable opinion not some dumbass saying it wont heal in years please.
Anyway i am training for a NPC Show in April and things have been going GREAT.Too GREAT apparently.Currently 235-240# 5'6" 15% BF and i am 37 Years old.
Was doing Incline Barbell Presses on the Smith Machine last Thursday and pulled possibly my bicep tendon at its origin or and my shoulder arount the front delt.5 days later today its a bit better.But cant do a front lateral raise with that arm without pain.I can get to shoulder height then it hurts.I could force it up but dont bevause i know if i irritate it it wont heal as fast.
I have been going to Physical Therapy every other day as well as icing it and taking ibuprofen.
I cannot get into my Dr for 2 1/2 weeks.I have no problem letting him operate if he thinks i should.Hes the best Dr for that in the state.
Anyway does anyone have a opinion on this injury and the length of time estimated for recovery.
Thanks a lot. I'm devastated.

Curt James
08-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Bump for the subject area experts...

Speedy recovery to you, zubbeyboy.

The Big Sexy
08-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Not sure about that particular injury - but I have dislocated my shoulder 3x's... different way each time. They told me it would take months before I could train on it again - each time I was benching again about a week after the injury.

My shoulder has a few stability issues now - but it's strong as hell for me working it as soon as the pain stopped. That was the gauge I used - if it wasn't terribly painful, I'd do it... I can't say the same for you, but it is what I did.

zubbeyboy
08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Thank god i sweet talked my Dr's Secratary into getting me in at 345PM today!

zubbeyboy
08-14-2009, 07:20 PM
I just had a MRI done yesterday.My Dr hasn't looked at results yet but my Physical Therapist did and just called me.
I have a probable slap lesion and a rotator cuff tear.And a partial bicep tendon tear.
Anyone have any input or opinions on whether i should have Surgery or let it heal etc?

GottaGetLean
08-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I just had a MRI done yesterday.My Dr hasn't looked at results yet but my Physical Therapist did and just called me.
I have a probable slap lesion and a rotator cuff tear.And a partial bicep tendon tear.
Anyone have any input or opinions on whether i should have Surgery or let it heal etc?

if its a rotator cuff tear then u should definatly get the surgery before it gets worse..

zubbeyboy
08-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the input.It really don't hurt.In no way could i incline press a 45 pound bar without extreme pain just saying it dont hurt at all doing daily stuff.Im really good at healing something i guess i just know where NOT to move my right arm.But according to MRI results its pretty messed up.Of course i havent trained upper body yet since injury as per my physical therapists advice.
The thing is if i had a salesman job and wasn't a personal trainer i would just say piss on it and never get it fixed.But with my Pest Control business and training people i rely on my body to be functional.And doing a show in the near future i need this bitch 100% asap.But its better by prolly 10-20% in a week.
I was just hoping possibly someone is familiar with this type injury and could tell me some more info as to wether to get surgery or let it heal?Also its getting a little better in 1 week. Hell i dont know

Perception
08-28-2009, 01:14 PM
I have been putting mine off for a while and finally getting surgery next month on the labrum, rotator, and ac joint.

I got use to the pain but sleeping and numbness were getting to be a bitch. So finally doing it. Mine never healed, coritsone would calm it down but never got better.

I have been told 4 months till I can get back to heavy movements