PDA

View Full Version : New Bikini Girl

LauraW
08-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey if anyone is thinking about competing in the new Bikini division and has any questions I can try to help out. I've been to 2 state shows placing 2nd and 3rd and am on my way to compete in my first national show in NY (Team U). I would love to help! There are things I wish I knew at my first show.

Jody Marie
08-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Want to do my first competition, ever. So, I have decided to do Bikini. It will be a local show. My fat loss has brought my full C/D's down to A's. By time I do the show they will be nothing. Should I get some "enhancements" before I do the show?

LauraW
08-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey Jody,

Well as you may be able to tell from my photos, I don't have much up top either. I was a B and after leaning am now an A. I used some silicone cutlets and was very careful to pick the best top that didn't make me look flat. Lucky for us I don't think bikini is entirely about cup size because I placed 2nd over girls that had boobs the size of my head! No joke. However, I can feel your concern. I am going to get "enhancements" myself very soon. I think that if you are in good shape, with the right bikini, and have good stage presence you would be fine. Make sure that you are confident because that seems to mean a lot in the bikini division. Also from my experience, your first show is more about the experience so you could always give it a try and make sure you love competing before making any huge changes to your body. Hope this helps.

loreall27
08-24-2009, 02:22 PM
I have done two shows so far one state show and a national..I felt confident at the show but there is always room for improvement right?! I have always been somewhat concerned about my stomach area. How much cardio, what kind, and is there anything else you do to get that flat stomach?

SallyAnne
08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey, ladies. We have many, many national and pro level bikini, figure and fitness competitors on our site. The best place to get all your questions answered is in our Women's Q&A section - Women's Q&A - RX Muscle Forums

:)

Northman
08-24-2009, 04:24 PM
More pics would help this thread.

LauraW
08-25-2009, 12:41 PM
I have done two shows so far one state show and a national..I felt confident at the show but there is always room for improvement right?! I have always been somewhat concerned about my stomach area. How much cardio, what kind, and is there anything else you do to get that flat stomach?

Yes there is definitely things about my body that need improvement too! That's what is great about bodybuilding because we are always improving. I think that getting a flat stomach has a lot to do with diet. Sally is right, I am by no means a pro and the question and answer section to the forum is great. In fact Dave has a women's diet thread too and he answers specific diet questions as well. I have a trainer that puts together my diet and exercise routine.

My workout routine is

45 min to 1 hour of cardio everyday (elliptical and walk/run on treadmill or outside)

4 days a week weight training (upper/lower body split)
300 ab exercises

If you don't have a trainer. I would definitely look into Dave's thread on pre-contest diet for women.

~gymdiva~
08-25-2009, 01:05 PM
300 ab exercises? as in sets? reps? b/c I definitely can't think of 300 exercises to do! :D

~gymdiva~
08-25-2009, 01:08 PM
and speaking of Dave's threads, here's links to those:

DAVE'S Q&A

DAVE'S DIET THREAD

tight booty
08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
I think Laura must have meant to say she does 300 REPS for abs!

LauraW
08-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Yes, I am sorry, I did mean 300 reps.

tight booty
08-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Yes, I am sorry, I did mean 300 reps.
I used to do 300 reps for abs years ago. Thankfully now I do weighted situps and weighted crunches....knocks the reps right down.