PDA

View Full Version : Do you do cardio the morning of the contest?

wnybodybuildingfan
02-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I was curious if most competitor's did cardio the same day as prejudging and finals? Would you get up and do cardio first thing that day? Thanks in advance for your response.

Scoobysnacks
02-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I was curious if most competitor's did cardio the same day as prejudging and finals? Would you get up and do cardio first thing that day? Thanks in advance for your response.

NO WAY. I load up on carbs Weds Thurs, I stop training Weds. I want all those to seat and not be used. I will do a strong posing sessions with some light light work on Friday to make sure Ive seated them, but never cardio that morning. Shit Im up eating usually around 630 as the check-in is usually around 830. You are either in shape by then or not.

chucksm00th
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
NO CARDIO...stay off your legs as much as possible since any fluid can blurr potential definition. You last day of cardio and lifting should be Wednesday, provided your show is Saturday.

wnybodybuildingfan
02-21-2009, 05:08 PM
NO WAY. I load up on carbs Weds Thurs, I stop training Weds. I want all those to seat and not be used. I will do a strong posing sessions with some light light work on Friday to make sure Ive seated them, but never cardio that morning. Shit Im up eating usually around 630 as the check-in is usually around 830. You are either in shape by then or not.

What kind of carbs and how many grams a day leading up to the competition do you take in?

Mr. Shoulders
02-22-2009, 10:21 AM
No...No... and no!

Scoobysnacks
02-22-2009, 10:35 AM
What kind of carbs and how many grams a day leading up to the competition do you take in?

You probably wouldnt believe me, but I did 900 on Weds spread over 18 meals, 600 Thurs, and around 400 on Friday. But water has to be contolled, you MUST be depleted going in and dieted on carbs the whole way, and know how to do your sodium. Not many would follow this if they didnt know what they were doing, but it brought me full dry and separated to the stage.

I used white potato, sweet potato rice cakes on Weds/Thurs, rice cakes and pb on friday. But honestly I dont advise that much unless you really know how to manipulate glycogen levels, sodium and water....

Most just get some carbs in on Thurs of fri to pull some of that water from under the skin and fill out a bit. You could use those foods though that I mentioned for sure....

GREENMACHINE23
02-23-2009, 10:04 PM

No cardio on competition day.:cool:

HARDCOREB
02-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Bump on the NO. You'll most likely loose the definition in you're legs and possibly you're entire physique.

banger
02-24-2009, 10:40 AM
no cardio or weights after wednesday. my last leg workout is 8 days out from a show.

there is no one way to deplete and reload, it varies with everyone. this is why its times numerous show's to figure out what works for someone. best advice is to have someone help you who has experience. at least you'll have a plan, and from there you can make the needed changes for the next show.

BigJD69
02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
NO!!!!!

militantmuscle
02-24-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree with the general concensus, I even take it farther and tell my athletes to not train the last week (or even do cardio), we do go through intense posing sessions. Why risk disturbing muscle fibers and not have every individual fiber healed for the day of the show?

Scoobysnacks
02-24-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree with the general concensus, I even take it farther and tell my athletes to not train the last week (or even do cardio), we do go through intense posing sessions. Why risk disturbing muscle fibers and not have every individual fiber healed for the day of the show?

Yep, I advise last training and cardio is Tues before the show, rest Weds-Sat.

mdvsony
03-25-2009, 05:33 PM
nope....

show is usually on a sunday and i stop a week before.

Bob Smith Jr.
03-25-2009, 05:38 PM
last year, i actually cut cardio out on the sunday before the show, did my depletion workouts sun,mon,tues, then started carb loading on wed...

HeavyDutyGuy
03-25-2009, 07:09 PM
My question is Why would you do that? You should be carbing up and flling out, not trying to lose fat. If you haven't lost it all by the week of the show, you aren't going to.

becks
03-25-2009, 07:27 PM
I think this has been answered but no LOL

mdvsony
03-25-2009, 07:40 PM
My question is Why would you do that? You should be carbing up and flling out, not trying to lose fat. If you haven't lost it all by the week of the show, you aren't going to.

I have heard of guys doing it on the last few days, even mornng of....but not to lose fat, but reduce water....

HeavyDutyGuy
03-26-2009, 07:01 PM
I have heard of guys doing it on the last few days, even mornng of....but not to lose fat, but reduce water....

Ok, sure, but anything that gets a sweat going, including posing and pumping up will help that too. I guess you could, and increase carbs more to compensate..

sassy69
03-28-2009, 02:44 AM

My guess is more specifically to make a weight class is what I'd guess -not the water but the weight.

As noted several times above, you might do it to drop water, but you'd then be sacrificing detail - you'll have subQ water floating around obscuring your detail. But then I'd also say if you're that desperate to drop the water, you didn't dial in correctly - there I'd be doing a postmortem to see where the prep failed.

LANCE SPENCER
03-28-2009, 05:39 AM
only if u have to make a weight class and your over...in other cases dont even think about it,it will rub your cuts out ...

Legend
03-29-2009, 01:49 PM
...http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies2/banghead.gif

latimus
03-30-2009, 03:22 AM
LOL reminds me of my last show. a couple was doing the same show male was in bodybuilding and female was figure and they were walking around the pool as cardio the night before and morning of the show. both were out of shape. gave me a good laugh, to little to late.