PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Radio (08-12-09) WED. 11pm EST: Dave and Mike Pulcinella & Millard Baker

Jeff The Producer
08-12-2009, 04:23 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/stories/site/ot-banner-200x78.png

Off-Topic will now be heard on Wednesday nights at 11pm EST. on RXMUSCLE.COM!

Mike Pulcinella is the creator of the documentary series, "Raising the Bar" and has released a trilogy of movies based on the bodybuilding career of his brother, Dave Pulcinella. Both Dave and Mike join Off-Topic to get more in depth into what went into making these great films.

Plus... Steroid News with Millard Baker!

OFF TOPIC RADIO is hosted by Carl Lanore and Aaron Singerman. Just go to RXMUSCLE.com and click on the RADIO page of the website or simply click on the following link to join the party:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/off-topic.html

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts will be available 24/7 for your convenience.

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Jeff, thanks for getting the show up so fast!

Nick Paladino
08-13-2009, 12:29 AM
By show 32 Carl has too come too long Island so we can get him laid Aaron! That way my prediction is true! lol

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 12:33 AM
By show 32 Carl has too come too long Island so we can get him laid Aaron! That way my prediction is true! lol

The Olympia is only 7 weeks away... At the very least we'll have to get him laid there!

Nick Paladino
08-13-2009, 12:34 AM
HAHA Sounds like a plan! :yep:

triceptor
08-13-2009, 12:48 AM

naahh that's not the bet. You said I'd be IN A RELATIONSHIP... not just laid..

jlgiller
08-13-2009, 12:52 AM
I have a new co worker thats carls type.

jlgiller
08-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh in Vegas.

MsGuns
08-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Great show guys...I wanted to experience the live show. so just remember I put you b4 the gym...smile

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Great show guys...I wanted to experience the live show. so just remember I put you b4 the gym...smile

So, what'd you think? Was it worth it?

MsGuns
08-13-2009, 01:03 AM
So, what'd you think? Was it worth it?

yup got the history behind Raise the bar and now I see how the women are selected for the video...

Nick Paladino
08-13-2009, 01:04 AM
naahh that's not the bet. You said I'd be IN A RELATIONSHIP... not just laid..lol I know it would just be quicker if you got laid first and it turned into a relationship:p

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 01:12 AM
yup got the history behind Raise the bar and now I see how the women are selected for the video...

Huh? Women? I don't get it... You mean Jenn Mike's Ex... or Haley?

MsGuns
08-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Huh? Women? I don't get it... You mean Jenn Mike's Ex... or Haley?

I thought the video was about different people. So I was curious how they picked people(females) to be in the video. Is that better?

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 01:23 AM
I thought the video was about different people. So I was curious how they picked people(females) to be in the video. Is that better?

Ah... Mike Pulcinella does do videos with women... He did one with Vicky Nixon (IFBB Pro), but in Raising the Bar there aren't any women DIRECTLY featured in those 3 videos.

MsGuns
08-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Ah... Mike Pulcinella does do videos with women... He did one with Vicky Nixon (IFBB Pro), but in Raising the Bar there aren't any women DIRECTLY featured in those 3 videos.

Gotcha and thx for the clarification...smile

SpeedoGuido
08-13-2009, 02:45 AM
The best Off Topic yet!
The Millard Baker segment was golden... that's an excellent monthly addition to the show.
I follow him on Twitter and every Tweet is interesting... no BS.
You forgot to plug his website:
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/

SpeedoGuido
08-13-2009, 02:53 AM
BTW, The best part of the show was Carls rant about the FDA and the government!

Leigh Carmichael
08-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the mention on the show guys.

My name is pronounced the same as LEE but is just spelt LEIGH. When I was living in the US people put shit on me for spelling it the girls way haha.

Just so people don't get me wrong, I love Jeff's impressions. I just don't think his Aaron impression sounds very alike, it is a funny voice all the same. I guess I'm just a big Aaron Singerman Schmoe :p

Oh and funniest quote of the show:

"You won't order a shirt anyway... so go fuck yourself"

That had me laughing.

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
BTW, The best part of the show was Carls rant about the FDA and the government!

You just made Carl's day! He could do an hour show on the FDA every week!

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the mention on the show guys.

My name is pronounced the same as LEE but is just spelt LEIGH. When I was living in the US people put shit on me for spelling it the girls way haha.

Just so people don't get me wrong, I love Jeff's impressions. I just don't think his Aaron impression sounds very alike, it is a funny voice all the same. I guess I'm just a big Aaron Singerman Schmoe :p

Oh and funniest quote of the show:

"You won't order a shirt anyway... so go fuck yourself"

That had me laughing.

I thought it was pronounced LEE. I feel the same way as you about the impressions. Jeff is a funny guy...

StringerBell
08-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Dave Pulcinella was probably the best interview you guys have had. Gotta get him back on a later show.

ANADROLicfreak
08-13-2009, 11:07 AM
i enjoyed the show.good job again.

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Dave Pulcinella was probably the best interview you guys have had. Gotta get him back on a later show.

Thanks Buddy... and thanks ANADROLicfreak... Keep on listening!

.DP
08-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Very good show guys, I haven't seen any of the RTB videos but Dave was a great interview.

Aaron Singerman
08-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Very good show guys, I haven't seen any of the RTB videos but Dave was a great interview.

So the interview was still understandable without seeing the videos?

sturrific
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Dave is BY FAR the best person you all have interviewed. He has a great personality.

odecl1min
08-13-2009, 08:08 PM

:no: still interesting to listen to though. I probably have to the DVD and then listen to the interview again.

Do i have to watch RTB 1 and 2 before 3? The picture quality on the dvd cover looks old, like VHS old. Anyone know when made the video? Its hard for me to watch old shows. :drool:

dave pulcinella
08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
:no: still interesting to listen to though. I probably have to the DVD and then listen to the interview again.

Do i have to watch RTB 1 and 2 before 3? The picture quality on the dvd cover looks old, like VHS old. Anyone know when made the video? Its hard for me to watch old shows. :drool:

i think rtb3 has more impact on the viewer if theyve seen 1 and 2 already, but it certainly can stand alone as its own story pretty well. in my opinion, the "old" quality of rtb1 is part of its charm, as my brother was still learning when he made this film. it has an innocence to it that cannot be duplicated now that he knows the ropes. rtb1 was filmed in 2004-5, by the way.

dave pulcinella
08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Dave is BY FAR the best person you all have interviewed. He has a great personality.

thanks, sturrific!!

dave pulcinella
08-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Jeff, thanks for getting the show up so fast!

aaron, thanks again for having me on last night..had a blast...i even missed a meal for that shit!! thats saying a lot!

LANCE ADAM
08-13-2009, 10:25 PM
GREAT SHOW, dave was a good guest really explaind his story well.

.DP
08-14-2009, 12:36 AM

yeah, although I've seen the trailers posted on various boards over the years so I had an idea of who he was and what RTB was about.

APK
08-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Dave was an amazing guest. his interview seemed to flow the best yet. I also enjoy Milos's interviews because I feel like I am getting some unique information every time he talks. His methods are definitely calculated madness.

Aaron Singerman
08-14-2009, 03:23 AM
aaron, thanks again for having me on last night..had a blast...i even missed a meal for that shit!! thats saying a lot!

Wow... I'm flattered! I've received tons of positive feedback on your interview... your a natural!

As soon as you have something to come on the show and talk about please get in touch with me... Both Carl and I would love to have you back on!

Leigh Carmichael
08-14-2009, 06:17 AM

The interview has actually motivated me to get the dvd's.

I'm gonna do the movie marathon thing like you and Amy.

Leigh Carmichael
08-14-2009, 06:22 AM

Great interview Dave.

It's always nice to know there is someone else out there that lives off canned tuna. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Just from the interview I can see how I relate to you in many ways. I have fallen into the same trap of not having that much balance in my life. That being said I love my life and wouldn't change it for anything.

Keep up the good work.

Aaron Singerman
08-14-2009, 06:44 AM
The interview has actually motivated me to get the dvd's.

I'm gonna do the movie marathon thing like you and Amy.

Honestly, I never INTENDED to watch the trilogy marathon style... but after watching the first one I had to find out what happened in #2... and again with #3.

odecl1min
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey Aaron, when is Off Topic going to come out with a video? A road trip to interview these forum members and all the other cool guests you have (don't forget the hot chicks). I bet a lot of people would watch it...

Aaron Singerman
08-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey Aaron, when is Off Topic going to come out with a video? A road trip to interview these forum members and all the other cool guests you have (don't forget the hot chicks). I bet a lot of people would watch it...

AH... interesting idea! I'll talk to Carl about it...

Leigh Carmichael
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Honestly, I never INTENDED to watch the trilogy marathon style... but after watching the first one I had to find out what happened in #2... and again with #3.

I think I'll be the same way, especially now after hearing a bit of what happens in each part.

goddessamazon
08-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Dave? I was rooting for your bladder buddy! Glad you got a chance to go pee.

I really enjoyed your interview. You are too cool for words. :hmn:

SweetCapri
08-14-2009, 05:19 PM
If you guys haven't watched the trilogy, you must! I watched part II at least 3x and part III was just as good. Even my kids watched it. It does put a lot in perspective for people who are totally clueless about bodybuilding and what goes into it.

Aaron Singerman
08-15-2009, 02:44 AM
If you guys haven't watched the trilogy, you must! I watched part II at least 3x and part III was just as good. Even my kids watched it. It does put a lot in perspective for people who are totally clueless about bodybuilding and what goes into it.

that is one of the best things about RTB. You don't have to be a bodybuilding fan to enjoy the movie... The story is universally compelling!

dave pulcinella
08-15-2009, 02:35 PM
wow!! thanks for all the positive feedback everybody..i cant believe my inane babbling was interesting to people.....and thanks for your support of my bladder, goddess. i forgot to factor in the fact that i pee every 20 minutes before i started the interview!

thanks for the plug, sweetcapri and....nice butt!!

aaron....ill be back!!

SweetCapri
08-15-2009, 02:46 PM
thanks for the plug, sweetcapri and....nice butt!!
Hehehe, thanks. :yep:

Steve_Colescott
08-15-2009, 03:48 PM

when you expand your shows into a netwirk Dave would be a good show host. Articulate, funny and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Aaron Singerman
08-16-2009, 03:52 AM
when you expand your shows into a netwirk Dave would be a good show host. Articulate, funny and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Great minds think alike...

This Is War
08-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm half way through the show! Shoudl finish it in the next few days! GRRR off season and 8hrs of internet radio a week don't match! It's easier when there's cardio happening!

I've got RTB 2. Got to buy 1 and 3 asap!

RTB 2 is awesome!

Leigh Carmichael
08-16-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm half way through the show! Shoudl finish it in the next few days! GRRR off season and 8hrs of internet radio a week don't match! It's easier when there's cardio happening!

I've got RTB 2. Got to buy 1 and 3 asap!

RTB 2 is awesome!

That's why you should move to London. You get to sit on the packed underground for 2 hours a day. Plenty of time to get some easy listening in.

This Is War
08-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Finished listening to the show. Dave was up there with being one of my favourite guests so far!

dave pulcinella
08-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Great minds think alike...

that sounds like fun...i would def do that!

doubleogordo
08-17-2009, 08:03 PM
good stuff:beerbang:

DannyG
08-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey Aaron man I know it's kinda old news but it was new to me...the Guy Ducasse bust. I was shocked when you mentioned his name bro I had no idea the dude got busted. I would talk to this dude all the time back in 2007 when he would train at Gold's in San Antonio...what a shame he was a good guy.

hayleym88
08-23-2009, 07:59 PM
dave is definitely one of the most amazing people there is, and one of the most entertaining for sure. no wonder the dvd's have done so well. mike's ability's have improved dramatically, and he is an amazing videographer. but honestly, a 3yr old could point a camera at dave and get priceless, entertaining moments all over the place.

Aaron Singerman
08-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey Aaron man I know it's kinda old news but it was new to me...the Guy Ducasse bust. I was shocked when you mentioned his name bro I had no idea the dude got busted. I would talk to this dude all the time back in 2007 when he would train at Gold's in San Antonio...what a shame he was a good guy.

He's still alive!

Pearce
08-24-2009, 03:40 PM
i really enjoyed the show.. at first i straight up didnt like it and was annoyed by the show.. the nigel song used to piss me off... but i love the nigel song now..i gave the show a good listen and i gotta tell you that this has now become one of my fav bb audio shows.. great format, great guests and interviews

keep up the great work guys! i listened to everyshow in just over a week and a half..

AmyLynn
08-24-2009, 05:11 PM
i really enjoyed the show.. at first i straight up didnt like it and was annoyed by the show.. the nigel song used to piss me off... but i love the nigel song now..i gave the show a good listen and i gotta tell you that this has now become one of my fav bb audio shows.. great format, great guests and interviews

keep up the great work guys! i listened to everyshow in just over a week and a half..

WOW! I'm sure Aaron and Carl will be very flattered!

Aaron Singerman
08-24-2009, 05:13 PM
WOW! I'm sure Aaron and Carl will be very flattered!

Very... Thanks Pearce!

Pearce
08-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Very... Thanks Pearce!

LOL, no problemo

i have a job where i walk for large portions of the day.. lets just say my ipod gets a good workout!