PDA

View Full Version : Official P4P Thread

-Z-
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I came across this P4P top ten list. I personally do not agree with the placings. What do you think? Who do you think are the top ten pound for pound fighters in the world?

1. Anderson Silva (25-4)
2. Georges St. Pierre (19-2)
3. Fedor Emelianenko (30-1, 1 NC)
4. Lyoto Machida (15-0)
5. Mike Thomas Brown (22-4)
6. B.J. Penn (14-5-1)
7. Quinton Jackson (30-7)
8. Jon Fitch (19-3, 1 NC)
9. Rashad Evans (13-1-1)
10. Brian Bowles (8-0)

Mirko Cro Cop
08-12-2009, 05:46 PM
That is way, way off.

Fedor should be number 1, Shinya Aoki should be in there in BJ is seeing as he is the top lightweight in the world in my mind. John Fitch shouldn't be in there, nor should Rashad and possibly Rampage.

I don't even know who Brian Bowles is.

-Z-
08-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't even know who Brian Bowles is.

DTxhVWHqYpA

chitownmscle
08-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Yea that list is off some. GSP 2? I mean he is good but right now it's got to be Fedor for his long standing dominance over everyone, Silva should be second, Machida should be third and then from there it gets kind of murky for me. Those are some great fighters but are we talking BJ fighting at 155 his weight or when he moves up? Rampage? good but not sure if he belongs up here.

Mirko Cro Cop
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
DTxhVWHqYpA

That'll be why, I don't watch the WEC.

-Z-
08-13-2009, 08:15 AM
That'll be why, I don't watch the WEC.

These guys have to start somewhere.

Plates
08-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I wouldnt put Bowles in the top ten just yet. In my opinion, one win doesnt cement you in. I feel it should take multiple wins to achieve that honor. At the moment, I would agree with taking Fedor down to #3. In order to be up there, a fighter should be active, and fight a certain caliber of competition. Both Silva and GSP have fought great talent in their division(Silva in/out of division), and deserve to be 1 and 2. Silva no matter what should be #1 in my opinion over Fedor anytime.

Mirko Cro Cop
08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
I wouldnt put Bowles in the top ten just yet. In my opinion, one win doesnt cement you in. I feel it should take multiple wins to achieve that honor. At the moment, I would agree with taking Fedor down to #3. In order to be up there, a fighter should be active, and fight a certain caliber of competition. Both Silva and GSP have fought great talent in their division(Silva in/out of division), and deserve to be 1 and 2. Silva no matter what should be #1 in my opinion over Fedor anytime.

Fedor is active and when he fought both Arlovski and Sylvia they were top 5 heavyweights.

Plates
08-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Sylvia is a joke. I'll give him Arlovski though

Mirko Cro Cop
08-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Sylvia is a joke. I'll give him Arlovski though

At the time Sylvia was a top 5 heavyweight, the fight before his fight against Fedor was for the interim Heavyweight title and he was winning the fight until Nog submitted him.

Plates
08-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Top 5 heavyweight. But we are talking top p4p fighters. I woudnt have ranked Silvia or Arlovski in the top 5 heavyweights when he and Fedor fought. No way. I could see your argument though. Dont get me wrong, Fedor is one of my top favorite fighters of all time. But he is not #1 right now. Anderson Silva deserves that spot

Mirko Cro Cop
08-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Top 5 heavyweight. But we are talking top p4p fighters. I woudnt have ranked Silvia or Arlovski in the top 5 heavyweights when he and Fedor fought. No way. I could see your argument though. Dont get me wrong, Fedor is one of my top favorite fighters of all time. But he is not #1 right now. Anderson Silva deserves that spot

We'll agree to disagree then.