PDA

View Full Version : changing to adding mass from a keto diet

vanya
08-13-2009, 05:03 AM
i got fairly lean from the keto diet and am impressed with where ive taken my body and want to start slowly adding quality muscle. I want some kind of set up where the high protein and moderate fats stays. We got the protein repairing the protein cell then the fats repairing the protein membrane, So what to do with the carbs? Every meal will have protein and fat in it, but where should i put my carbs? I've heard in the morning, pre-WO, then PWO.

Also is there a formula on how many carbs i should fit in these meals?

neofarq
08-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I would do a very slight carb cycle, rotate them around the days u train,
i.e.,
Legs, Chest & Back - High day, 200 g. carbs
Shoulders, Bi's, Tris, Abs & Calves - Medium day, 100-125 g. carbs
Off days maybe like 50-75 g. carbs

Also to make sure you have adequate fuel when training lagging body parts (calves arms, whatever) have the high day the day before so u can pound away the next day in the gym.....

And yes Always Morning, and always carbs post workout...... High and medium days spread them out over the day

vanya
08-14-2009, 04:19 PM
that's awesome advice man i appreciate it. Also when i experience no more gains in a few months should i add more carbs or healthy fats? Like on the high carb day bump it to 250 and medium carb day like up to 175, etc.? Or should i bump up the healthy fats?

capone1153
08-15-2009, 11:05 AM
up the carbs, protien and fat should stay consistant.

neofarq
08-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes up the carbs, 1st add them in your post workout meal and breakfast......... Also if your feel your starting to get fat lower them during the day (not pulling them from breakfast or postworkout meals)......... Carbs are the main controller of growth.......

capone1153
08-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Carbs are the main controller of growth.......

well assuming ur protein is adiquate. cuz i dont care how many carbs ur taking in if ur not takin in enough protein, you aint growin a shredd of muscle.

JuiceMoNstr
08-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Just finished my first round of the keto diet want to switch up to the mass building deit does anyone still do cardio or should u drop it while doing the mass diet

DAVIDHARDY
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Just finished my first round of the keto diet want to switch up to the mass building deit does anyone still do cardio or should u drop it while doing the mass diet

Cardio is helpful to overall blood flow in the body and it keeps the good old ticker healthy. You can keep it in there, but I damn sure wouldn't do as much. Next offseason, I'm gonna keep 3, 30 min sessions a week. It'll keep some fat off as well which is always a plus.

FoodFreak
09-12-2009, 07:24 PM
i usually just do cardio on my off days, along with cutting carbs. keeps the heart healthy, lactic acid flushed out, and keeps the metabolism more efficient

JDM
10-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I just made the transition from Keto to bulk and i kept everything the same just added 50g carbs every meal and an additional 70g Vitargo PWO. i have a very fast metabolism so hopefully this will yield some results, and i won't get too fat..lol