PDA

View Full Version : Couture wants Silva

-Z-
08-14-2009, 08:13 AM
sherdog.com

BloodyElbow was first to catch wind of a Randy Couture appearance on CBS Sports’ Lavar Arrington Show where Couture -- after being teed up by the hosts -- expressed interest in a fight with Anderson Silva. (This will probably turn into “Couture Agrees to Silva Fight” and, later, into “Couture, Silva to Fight in Yankee Stadium on Thanksgiving” by the end of the business day.)

“They [Zuffa] certainly haven't approached me with it,” Couture said. “I think the idea's been kicked around, but I don't know if it's being kicked around by the executives at Zuffa.”

What it needs is to be kicked out. It’s great box office, but not worth much in the way of intrigue. Couture is 46 and gets by in the heavyweight division because the man-beasts there don’t move like they’re on amphetamines. Light-heavyweights -- where Couture was bumped from years ago -- change levels like Barry Allen in comparison. This fight only happens if Silva and the UFC insist on a 205-pound fight for the middleweight champion in the fall or winter: everyone else in that class is tied up with major bouts.

Far more barf-bag-worthy is MMAJunkie Radio’s idea that Strikeforce is contemplating muffin-topped Ricco Rodriguez as an opponent for Fedor Emelianenko’s fall debut. The promotion has had enough trouble convincing fans that quality opposition Brett Rogers and Alistair Overeem are still too many notches below Emelianenko to be worth bruising his knuckles on; good luck selling Rodriguez, who hasn’t won a meaningful fight since 2002, as anything but baby food for Emelianenko to gum in front of network audiences.

-Z-
08-14-2009, 08:39 AM
- I would hate to see Randy look like a joke, cause that is what Silva would do.

-Ricco vs Fedor...are you kidding me.

SAMSON
08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
I think Silva has the ability to make any fighter look like a joke, he's that good. Who would you line up next for Silva next Z? Machida?

Plates
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Machida and GSP are the only 2 that stand a chance. Machida and Silva would be a complete snooze fest though. Handy would certainly get owned by Silva. I believe in Handy's mind that he can take him down and do dammage. GSP on top of you and Handy on top of you are two different levels.

exit2010
08-14-2009, 10:24 AM
I would pay to watch Randy lose. I wouldn't like it but I would pay to watch it.

-Z-
08-14-2009, 12:07 PM
I think Silva has the ability to make any fighter look like a joke, he's that good. Who would you line up next for Silva next Z? Machida?

Of coarse

Mirko Cro Cop
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
- I would hate to see Randy look like a joke, cause that is what Silva would do.

-Ricco vs Fedor...are you kidding me.

Of all the people Strikeforce to have Fedor face, why Ricco? Why not Overeem, Wurdum or Rogers???

Machida and Silva have stated they will not fight as each as they are training partners.

ANADROLicfreak
08-14-2009, 02:28 PM
let couture fight him.he will do better than forrest did.hopefully.

Plates
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Of all the people Strikeforce to have Fedor face, why Ricco? Why not Overeem, Wurdum or Rogers???

Machida and Silva have stated they will not fight as each as they are training partners.

$ Its all about the money. A super fight right off the bat would be pointless. Draw the people in, make them spend their money, then hit them with the big one....or bail out and let the who organization fall before your money goes with them!

kratos47
08-15-2009, 04:48 AM
the spider has the ability to make almost anyone look bad. i would hate to see courture get embarresed but then again he could just pull of a win somehow and that would definetly shoot him up to the top again. i would watch it thats for sure. but i just dont know if its a good idea for randy. but yeah machida and gsp have the best shot. or maybe the spider could just get fat and fight fedor orrr fedor could get unfat and go to 205s haha butt hes not even in the ufc. soo shit. but that would have been cool haha:yep:

dublin-lifter
08-15-2009, 07:30 AM
if gsp could take him down the fight could be his to win he definitely have problems standing up against him do
sliva vs gsp
or
sliva vs machida
these fights have to happen eventually those 3 fighters are in a league of there own

does anyone know gsp day to day weight i think he said it was close to 185 after the thiago sliva fight

BABOON
08-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Dear Randy

You are 46. Please, for the love of God, give it up

Love Leave1

DannyG
08-15-2009, 10:43 PM
That's like telling Ken Shamrock to give it up.

cobra
08-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Man, I wish you people would get it through your head that GSP does not stand a chance against Silva, LET IT GO! GSP is a great fighter, but against Anderson he is clearly gonna be outmatched. I'd rather NOT see Randy fight Anderson, just think Randy it too old and I don;t wanna see him get killed, he's like the Hulk Hogan of MMA. MACHIDA VS. SILVA!!! Whatta dream match that is!

Lucas
08-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Machida and Silva both said theres no way ever that they will fight each other....guess we can dream tho.

cobra
08-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Machida and Silva both said theres no way ever that they will fight each other....guess we can dream tho.

You think Dana White gives a shit what they say?? If they continue to dominate their weight class, he'll make it happen bro. All about tha Benjamins!

BigFitz
08-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Coture wont last the first round and I dont think Machida would make it out of the second round against Anderson. Also GSP and Anderson Silva ain't gona happen anytime soon cos there two fan favourites and the fans wouldn't be happy if their fighter loss, that and we know anderson would kill him.

DaEagles
08-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Mir has been contactied about this because Silva does want to fight a heavyweight and if it where anyone it would be Mir.

-Z-
08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Mir has been contactied about this because Silva does want to fight a heavyweight and if it where anyone it would be Mir.

You know this how?