PDA

View Full Version : Penn vs Sanchez

-Z-
08-14-2009, 12:31 PM
We know this fight will happen, we just don't know when. Who do you think will win?

http://www.ultimate-fighter.net/uploads/BJ_Penn.jpg

http://www.everyjoe.com/files/96/2008/12/csmphoto115720-mma.jpg

-Z-
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
I think Diegos intensity will win him this fight. It could also backfire, cause Penn is a very good fighter. Gonna be a great fight.

Plates
08-14-2009, 01:01 PM
I'll take Penn with no doubts. Diego is a fucking beast. But this is another case where you will see what level BJ in on. Diego/Florian would be a cool fight to see

Mirko Cro Cop
08-14-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm a big Sanchez fan and i've never really liked Penn, so i've got to go with Sanchez because of fan loyalty. The guy is an beast, and was put on one of the fights of the year against Clay Guida the TUF Finale.

I'd rate these two as the second and third best lightweights in the world right now.

chitownmscle
08-14-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm going with Penn for the same reason Z gave, I think his intensity is going to cost him. You can't get overly intense because you make mistakes and BJ is a master of capitalizing on others mistakes

hulkish808
08-15-2009, 04:20 AM
I would've rather seen Penn vs. Sanchez this past ppv instead of KenFlo...cuz I love Sanchez's intensity...but he seems to lose wind going into the 3rd round, probably because he expends too much energy in the first 2 rounds. I take BJ for the win any day.

kratos47
08-15-2009, 04:24 AM
i think it depends if penn come in shape or not. i still have him winning. but if hes not in shape sanchez could out work him and get a decision or a tko. really just depends on penn

hulkish808
08-15-2009, 04:33 AM
that's true, after his last fight with kenflo, it doesn't look like he's gonna have trouble going 5 rounds anymore...just remember that in most of penn's fights, he fought mainly with his talent, than his conditioning...he's that freaking good

kratos47
08-15-2009, 04:42 AM
yeah thats what i mean. if he trains hard. hes a destroyer of worlds. but if he relys on his skill to much and not his conditioning hes gonna get out worked if he doesnt take him out early. he will prob be in shape but im just sayin.

chitownmscle
08-16-2009, 12:00 AM
yeah thats what i mean. if he trains hard. hes a destroyer of worlds. but if he relys on his skill to much and not his conditioning hes gonna get out worked if he doesnt take him out early. he will prob be in shape but im just sayin.

That is the story of BJ. He fights on talent, and if he comes in shape he destroys them. If he is out of shape then he might still get a win but against a guy like GSP he needed to have all aspects of his game on. Against Sanchez, if he comes in shape and it goes longer then 2 rounds then BJ has got it locked, if it doesn't BJ is still the favorite but Diego got a puncher's chance

jaydhee1
08-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Penn all the way!!

hulkish808
08-16-2009, 12:52 AM
definitely, if i were BJ I'd prepare for this fight more so than Kenflo...da local life style is just so buckaloose especially on da Big Island...no can get away from da rice ;) hahahaha...translation: BJ has to prepare better and not let the laid back lifestyle get the best of him, being from Hawaii it's hard to get away from rice with every meal...trust me LOL