PDA

View Full Version : sodium/potassium load

BLUEBARON75
08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
how does it really work? i'm going to try it for my show coming up in september because i held a lot of water weight even when i was cutting down for last years show

DAVIDHARDY
08-15-2009, 04:30 PM
how does it really work? i'm going to try it for my show coming up in september because i held a lot of water weight even when i was cutting down for last years show

I heard that potassium in the pill and powder form isn't absorbed well if at all by the body. It is better to get the liquid form or get it from foods. I wouldn't do a sodium load if you are trying to drop water. I believe Dave recommends to keep the sodium high through Thursday and then cut it back on Friday for a Saturday show. He also recommends to stop drinking water at around 6pm Friday night. He posted his dyazide dosing protocol in his Q&A thread if you want to use that.

BLUEBARON75
08-16-2009, 07:28 PM
thnx ill check it out. i'm a little less then 4 weeks out. i'm looking really lean already and i'm training with a professional bodybuilder.

I heard that potassium in the pill and powder form isn't absorbed well if at all by the body. It is better to get the liquid form or get it from foods. I wouldn't do a sodium load if you are trying to drop water. I believe Dave recommends to keep the sodium high through Thursday and then cut it back on Friday for a Saturday show. He also recommends to stop drinking water at around 6pm Friday night. He posted his dyazide dosing protocol in his Q&A thread if you want to use that.

GREENMACHINE23
08-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Why don't you just ask who you are working with what you should do?
Also, did you get the pm I sent you regarding where to find more info on Na loading?

BLUEBARON75
08-17-2009, 09:56 PM
i really should ask jimmy. he knows what hes doing lol and yes i got it. it was helpful, thank you

Why don't you just ask who you are working with what you should do?
Also, did you get the pm I sent you regarding where to find more info on Na loading?

MikeS
08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
This was an interesting read: http://www.impulseadventure.com/weights/contest-diet.html