PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone beat the champs?

-Z-
08-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Brock Lesnar, Lyota Machida, Anderson Silva, George St-Pierre, and BJ Penn all sport gold at the moment. I don't think there is any competition for any of them right now. The only matches that seem fair are champion vs champion super fights. Who's gonna step up and beat one of the champs?

cobra
08-15-2009, 11:05 PM
good question...I got nothin lol

chitownmscle
08-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I seriously doubt Brock's MMA skills amongst the champions. If he can show me more then ground (lay my 280lbs ass on top of someone) and pound then maybe I will think that he has no competition. I still think guys like Mir and Carwin are big competition for Brock

Machida has no comp unless Silva moves up in weight, Silva has no comp unless he moves up weight to fight Machida or tries to drop weight for GSP, GSP has the same problem where it's either Silva or nothing.

There are fighters bu the champs are seperating themselves from the rest imo except for Brock

Plates
08-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm going with my guy Gonzaga over Brock. I dont know why I always back this guy, but he is still young, and I believe he can take him.

cobra
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm going with my guy Gonzaga over Brock. I dont know why I always back this guy, but he is still young, and I believe he can take him.

How you think Cain Velasquez can match up w/Brock? Dude handled Kongo w/ease it seemed.

Plates
08-16-2009, 04:58 PM
In all honesty, I think Brock would completely dismantle him. Brock has far superior wresting, power, and speed. A match I would like to see is Carwin/Lesner, or Gonzaga/Lesner. If I broke down each of those fights, I see it like this: (again, just my opinion)

Cawin/Lesner - Both have great wresting skills, and would balance out well. Brock my have the takedown advantage but Carwin has the power to get Lesner off and get back up. Would be a nice stand up war.

Gonzaga/Lesner - Brock is more powerful, better wrestling. Gonzaga has him in the jitz and striking department. I could see Brock taking him down but Gonzga is powerful enough to get up. Also, I dont see Gonzaga laying there and taking blows like Mir did. I could see Gonzaga beating Brock with strikes.

Plates
08-16-2009, 05:03 PM
And dont get me wrong, Mir has the stand up and jitz to beat Brock. But Brock is deep in his head now. I went back and watched that fight on Thursday, and Im puzzled as to why Mir stayed on his back so long. He wasnt even attempting to get out. Im so confused by that. If you watch, Mir has Brocks right leg hooked in the 1st round, and never even attempted to scramble out of the neck crank Brock had on him. I just dont get it. If he let the leg lock go, and turned his hips out, he was out of it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Mirko Cro Cop
08-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Lesnar - I think Carwin, Velazquez, Big Nog, Kongo and Cro Cop could all challenge him but we've seen too little of him to really form a proper prediction. Obviously Fedor could beat him aswell.

Machida - I believe that Shogun will have a very good chance of beating Lyoto in their title fight at UFC 104. I also think Gegard Mousasi could give him a run for his money but he's in Strikeforce.

Silva - I think Belfort could really test Silva and Mousasi aswell.

GSP - I can only really see Silva beating him but I doubt the fight will ever happen.

Penn - I believe Shinya Aoki, Eddie Alverez and Joachim Hansen could all beat Penn but none are in the UFC.

Plates
08-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Silva - I think Belfort could really test Silva and Mousasi aswell.

Wanted to say this, but want to see what Franklin does with him 1st.

Sensei
08-20-2009, 12:54 AM
All fighters are on top of there games but on any given night anyone can be caught, I would say 3 of the 5 Champs will still hold their titles 1 year from now