PDA

View Full Version : NGA Steel Valley

matt1005
08-16-2009, 07:29 PM
I prepped my second teenager for an NGA show. First was an 18 year old who won his teenage class at the NGA Can/Am in Buffalo, NY in may and yesterday was a 19 year old who won his teenage class and also the novice (there was only 1 class in the novice) at the NGA Steel Valley. The nice thing about both of these 2 guys is that they did everything I asked of them without complaining. We also had a chance to do everything from the diet to posing to stage presence/presentation and they did terrific jobs. I have to say that I was also more nervous for these 2 than I am when I compete. My legs were tingling and going numb haha.

Anyway, it was a great experience overall and just wanted to share (not looking for pats on the back. It was just exciting). I don't know where you can look these guys up, because I have no idea about the nga site, but they both worked hard. Maybe the coolest thing was watching them learn how to eat and make muscular improvement while dieting. The young man yesterday definetly made improvements while dieting.

Have any of you guys ever prepped teenagers/juniors? What have your experiences been?

AVBG
08-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Get these guys posting here Matt!

NATURAL-1987
08-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I'd like to mention my own experiences with my coach as a junior over the last few years.At 18 my coach took me from 255lbs and a 42 inch waist to a 190lbs and a 31 " waist. 14 months after that show I was the National Junior Champ at our tested event and earned my spot on Team Canada to compete at the IFBB Worlds. I could not have done any of this without my prep coach. Our next goal is NGA Pro card in April 2010. I have fulll confidence in my coach and believe we can do it. Believe me when I say that what you did with these 2 teens for there first shows, will be nothing compared to what you can do with them over 3 years. Continue helping these young guys out Matt, I know from experience that they appreciate it.

MsGuns
08-17-2009, 12:31 AM
CONGRATS...
Im an NGA Pro and I dont think the NGA site its keeps up w/ pics but the promoter should have a site.
I feel ya on helping the younger ones..
Im a middle school track coach and I luv seeing my gurls realize they are good runners and work harder each week to improve from the last meet.

matt1005
08-17-2009, 12:34 AM
They are great kids, haha I hate to say kids. Both had vastly different body structures and types, so it was interesting in the nutrition aspect. I think they have great futures in BB and life. They are talking about possibly competing together the next time, and I am sure I will get a call.

Oh and I will try to get them on here.

MsGuns
08-17-2009, 12:35 AM
They are great kids, haha I hate to say kids. Both had vastly different body structures and types, so it was interesting in the nutrition aspect. I think they have great futures in BB and life. They are talking about possibly competing together the next time, and I am sure I will get a call.

Oh and I will try to get them on here.

Thats good they are buddies...what an experience!