PDA

View Full Version : F ME it's a long road back

bodyg
08-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Tore my rotator cuff in March....Had surgery in April and totally let myself go.....Was 267 16% bf at 5'9. Currently 250 @ 24% bf. I've been rehabing the shoulder and working out now for about 2 weeks.....feels shitty!

5 weeks ago I started the keto diet and along with it cardio 30 minutes a day sometimes twice a day.....really having a hard time taking the weight off. Bloodwork came back and everything is well within normal ranges.

It's never been this difficult for me to get into shape....Please tell me I'm not alone here....could the surgery and or injury have f'd something up or is my metabolism kicking the can? I'm 39 yeares not old

anyone
thanks

Frosty
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Tore my rotator cuff in March....Had surgery in April and totally let myself go.....Was 267 16% bf at 5'9. Currently 250 @ 24% bf. I've been rehabing the shoulder and working out now for about 2 weeks.....feels shitty!

5 weeks ago I started the keto diet and along with it cardio 30 minutes a day sometimes twice a day.....really having a hard time taking the weight off. Bloodwork came back and everything is well within normal ranges.

It's never been this difficult for me to get into shape....Please tell me I'm not alone here....could the surgery and or injury have f'd something up or is my metabolism kicking the can? I'm 39 yeares not old

anyone
thanks

The body doesn't always respond the exact same to the same diet and exercise year to year. I've noticed this as well. For many reasons over the fall/winter I let myself go basically being like a fucking ultra heavy powerlifter (but not as strong or big lol) and eating as much of whatever I wanted and lifting like a madman. In about 4 months I went from a low of 180 up to a FAT 260. I started dieting January 22nd and it was a long road of 6 months to get back to 190.

So anyway dude just take this in steps. Set up mini goals so the task doesn't seem so daunting because if you try to set up a goal of getting to say 250 at a low BF% you may end up getting frustrated because it won't happen quickly.

The other thing is you lost a lot of muscle and gained a lot of fat. Going on the keto at first you're likely gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time which is common for this type of situation where you were at a decent level before with good muscle and lost a lot of it and gained a lot of fat. So because of this you won't see the scale change as much as you would previously when you were just cutting!!!! Keep this in mind!