PDA

View Full Version : Protein - Veggies diet

Muscle Demon
02-22-2009, 12:11 AM
what's your take on it, I am starting it tomorrow, hoping for about 4 pounds of fat lost a week, yes slower is better but I have
no patience, once I get down to about 9% I'll start taking it slower :D
if anyone has done it/knows alot about it, it would be appreciated. :cool:

Frosty
02-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Have you gone through the 2 weeks high fat phase already?

stavios
02-22-2009, 01:07 AM
I figure if you only eat protein and veggies, you must up your protein A LOT from the regular diet with pro-fat ?

what would a day of protein-veggies would look like for people doing Dave's keto diet ?

YoungytheKing
02-22-2009, 07:42 AM
I am about to start Daves diet and at 200lbs. I hear people talking about switching to prot/veg when fat loss really gets slow or near the end of the diet to strip that last bit of fat off. I am dieitng for a show, 16 weeks, first time using keto, can someone tell me if I need to use pro/veg along the way or just if fat loss gets really stubborn at some point??

bigdaddyd
02-22-2009, 07:51 AM
The only time I had issues with a sticking point is when I didn't stick to the plan.

Frosty
02-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Only use protein/veggies if you NEED to because you're either behind or there is some stubborn fat that is refusing to come off.

Trust me guys it's rough if you do it for any length of time. It can work, but you have to have used higher fat for a while before it so your body is well adapted to burning fat for energy.

I've seen people that try to jump right into a diet that's high protein, low fat, low carb, and they usually end of failing miserably because their body wasn't adapted to burning fat first.

chucksm00th
02-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Only use protein/veggies if you NEED to because you're either behind or there is some stubborn fat that is refusing to come off.

Trust me guys it's rough if you do it for any length of time. It can work, but you have to have used higher fat for a while before it so your body is well adapted to burning fat for energy.

I've seen people that try to jump right into a diet that's high protein, low fat, low carb, and they usually end of failing miserably because their body wasn't adapted to burning fat first.

Agreed, dont to it unless your stuck! 4lbs a week can lead to muscle loss, unless your severly obese or just starting your diet. Dont go for a number on a scale, go for an overall look unless you got to make weight for a show, then its up to manipulating your water

THUNDERGOD
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Follow the plan that has been posted about a thousand times over. No sense in re-inventing the wheel. You should only adjust the diet after you have pretty much maxed out the cardio. After that, you can make some adjustments like using the PF/PV rotation. But if you don't follow the plan that is laid out, you are not going to like the results and possibly blame everything and everyone but yourself which seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

debbiebramwell
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Start with 2 days protein/veggies then 2 days protein/fat you need the fat and you will lose the weight...fat helps keep you fuller and gives energy....you cant lose 4 pounds of fat a week so whats the point....Im prepping now with daves diet...my body is really changing but my scale weight moves slow....which is ideal because Im not losing muscle ...and probably adding a little.......be smart! good luck!