PDA

View Full Version : My Final week! Thank you god!

Quadsweep
08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
I need this diet to be over but I must say I am quite peeled. Probably more than I have ever been. here is what I plan for my last week. I need to make weight as I am 3-4# over now on about as low of a carb intake as I can do. So with that in mind and a Thursday night weigh in.

Water
Sat. Sun, Mon I will increase by just 1/2 gallon above my usual gallon. (that is just water. I don't count coffee.)
Tues Back to 1 gallon.
Wed 3/4 gallon to a gallon. will not drink after midnight until weigh in Thursday night around 5.
Thursday night I will drink to fill back out after weigh in...play that by ear.
Friday Will sip when needed but fluid intake will be severely restricted.

Carbs/fat
Will do a carb meal on Thursday and then deplete until Wed. night where I will do a carb load meal of 3 Oat nut bread Natty PB and honey. Oatmeal and Vitargo.
Thursday No water but I will eat more of the sandwiches (they travel well) and rice cakes...that will be fun no water! After weigh in I usually do a nice big cheese burger and fries no salt. From this point on I play it by mirror so to speak. I will use the samitches (luv ya sassy! What she calls them!) Rice cakes Natty PB, Beef, Oats and thats about it.

I am very happy with my look and my decision to drop a class. I think I will be on stage at around 202. Fingers crossed!

Quad

I will do 10-20mg Lasix on Friday.

Scoobysnacks
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
The title cracks me up. Can we get any pics up in here, lol?

Curious, so you are going to begin your carb load before you make weight? I see the water depletion (slight taper), but curious about adding the carbs before making weight or maybe I read that completely ass backwards, which is a distinct possibility its been a long day for me. Just wondering because you need water to load carbs so wondering why even start loading until you make weight and reintroduce fluids...

Ss

MikeS
08-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Whats the idea of eating PB leading into the show? Surely carbs are more important at that point?

Sorry im new to this and compete in 2 weeks

Sistersteel
08-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Yes, the title was totally hilarious! :)
Bring it home Quad!

sassy69
08-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Do it baby! I can't say I'm going to be Quad-quality peeled, but I'm suffering w/ ya!

AVBG
08-20-2009, 03:07 AM
It's a great feeling when you can see the end nearing.. I don't know how some can do the diet and peak multiple times?

tammyp
08-20-2009, 07:54 AM
with ya there QS! lets go already!

Quadsweep
08-20-2009, 03:50 PM
The title cracks me up. Can we get any pics up in here, lol?

Curious, so you are going to begin your carb load before you make weight? I see the water depletion (slight taper), but curious about adding the carbs before making weight or maybe I read that completely ass backwards, which is a distinct possibility its been a long day for me. Just wondering because you need water to load carbs so wondering why even start loading until you make weight and reintroduce fluids...

Ss
No you read it correct. I have a hard time filling out in a day. I am hoping I can load some the day before and a little that day the water already in my body will be sufficient to load at least somewhat. Was actually 199.4 today after 1 meal! So it may not be much of an issue anyways.

Quad

Quadsweep
08-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Whats the idea of eating PB leading into the show? Surely carbs are more important at that point?

Sorry im new to this and compete in 2 weeks fats are also important and through experience they work well for me. Almond butter, Mac nut oil (Or as Ss likes to call it "man nut oil" :p Sorry man! So its more food loading not just carb loading.

Quadsweep
08-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes, the title was totally hilarious! :)
Bring it home Quad!
Would love just one more Natl level trophy. And the thread title was 100% sincere!:)

Q.

Quadsweep
08-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Do it baby! I can't say I'm going to be Quad-quality peeled, but I'm suffering w/ ya! You will be better than before and that was pretty damn good! :yep: We cannot wait to see you!

J.

Scoobysnacks
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
fats are also important and through experience they work well for me. Almond butter, Mac nut oil (Or as Ss likes to call it "man nut oil" :p Sorry man! So its more food loading not just carb loading.

Man a guy hits the wrong key up on time, lol....and hears about it forever....

Quadsweep
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
It's a great feeling when you can see the end nearing.. I don't know how some can do the diet and peak multiple times? Awesome feeling...the light at the end of a 28 week tunnel. I have never done a prep before where my first and last shows were 10 weeks apart! Was terrible I must admit!:) But I made it! Well almost now!

Quad

Quadsweep
08-20-2009, 04:12 PM
with ya there QS! lets go already! I am with you...cannot get here soon enough!

Quadsweep
08-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Man a guy hits the wrong key up on time, lol....and hears about it forever.... I had too...sure you understand!

bhman6
08-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I heard man nut oil was really good for your complexion

at least that's what I tell my fiance :)

Scoobysnacks
08-21-2009, 12:32 AM
i heard man nut oil was really good for your complexion

at least that's what i tell my fiance :)

lol!

Quadsweep
08-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I am considering doing more of a fat load on Wed. and Thurs. before weigh ins. Weight still around 201# in the morning drinking normally. Thinking almonds, Natty PB, Filet, Mac Nut Oil, Pistacios. Nothing extreme mind you...more just nibbeling as I am reaaaaly paranoid bout makin' weight!

Quad

maxxmuscle
08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel isnt it ! How are you feeling ? My last contest i felt terrible the last few days ! Going to try and be ready a week or so early this time around so i can "Cruise" in so to speak.I know you feel the rigors of contest prep,but i felt awful :( Couldnt enjoy the day !

Best of luck with the Contest !

Quadsweep
08-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel isnt it ! How are you feeling ? My last contest i felt terrible the last few days ! Going to try and be ready a week or so early this time around so i can "Cruise" in so to speak.I know you feel the rigors of contest prep,but i felt awful :( Couldnt enjoy the day !

Best of luck with the Contest !feeling pretty rough today but anyone can do a week right! I am ready freedy condition wise. My weight is still above the cut off by a few pounds though so....We will have to see come wed if I get to eat any extra. Otherwise most of my load will be done after weigh ins.

Quad

wildcat22
08-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Good Luck to you and Rita!! I will be keeping tabs on you guys this weekend!! I assume you guys will be doing Masters and open??? Tracy

tammyp
08-25-2009, 06:37 AM
fawk me lets get here already! ive been no carbing it and getting mean~:( but ill make weight:)

Quadsweep
08-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Good Luck to you and Rita!! I will be keeping tabs on you guys this weekend!! I assume you guys will be doing Masters and open??? TracyHeyyyy! there is our favorite Pro! I think we are both just doing Masters this time out. Really looking forward to seeing everyone. Also looking forward to getting back to our lives some! Rita looks really good right now. Much tighter than at masters. Me too for that matter as I am dropping to Lt Hvys 199.5 this AM! yey! We both should bring a much tighter drier package. Thanks Tracy!

Jeff

Quadsweep
08-25-2009, 08:39 AM
fawk me lets get here already! ive been no carbing it and getting mean~:( but ill make weight:) God I know its like TIC..........TOCK........TIC......TOCK!

Quadsweep
08-26-2009, 12:33 AM
fawk me lets get here already! ive been no carbing it and getting mean~:( but ill make weight:) Cracked up at the FAWK ME! BTW! ;)

Scoobysnacks
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
just stopping in to say good luck.

SallyAnne
08-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Good Luck! Kick some serious ass, please. ;)

Quadsweep
08-27-2009, 09:36 AM
thanks guys...just made weight this morning. Not much food or drink till after I weigh but thats okay. Will leave in a few hours.

Quadsweep

Quadsweep
08-31-2009, 01:35 PM
Well I was 6th in Lt Hvy. They have me listed as a heavy and also did at the show and switched it last minute. Was happy with my condition but should have used some lasix on Friday and did not. Did on Sat and was much tighter. hind site. I am writing this eating a Med pizza!

Quad

tammyp
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
hard rock cafe post pj burger was awesome! i ate clean today...im seriously feeling hung over, food or still trying to get my water balance back. but i had my share, waffles, pancakes, pizza...coldstone was CLOSED!!!! :(

Scoobysnacks
08-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Well I was 6th in Lt Hvy. They have me listed as a heavy and also did at the show and switched it last minute. Was happy with my condition but should have used some lasix on Friday and did not. Did on Sat and was much tighter. hind site. I am writing this eating a Med pizza!

Quad

Congrats on a job well done. Sounds like you are wasting no time "filling" back out.

Quadsweep
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
hard rock cafe post pj burger was awesome! i ate clean today...im seriously feeling hung over, food or still trying to get my water balance back. but i had my share, waffles, pancakes, pizza...coldstone was CLOSED!!!! :( Yeah I am up about 10# will eat diet food tomorrow. Eat bad on wed..and so on. I do that for 10 days usually and its done and then its back to just eating to grow. No swoled up ankles yet! :)

Jeff

Quadsweep
08-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Congrats on a job well done. Sounds like you are wasting no time "filling" back out. yeah I will keep it under control. See above post. I hate back burns and swole ankles. Misabol right!

Quad