PDA

View Full Version : Griffin back to training

-Z-
08-19-2009, 09:23 PM
"If the worst thing that happens to Gina (Carano) or Forrest (Griffin) is they lose a fight, they're doing pretty damn good."

Such are the words of the namesake of Carano and Griffin's training gym, Xtreme Couture, former UFC champion Randy Couture.

"It's all part of the process. I don't think there's anything negative there," said Couture during a media call on Tuesday to promotion his upcoming fight at UFC 102 with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

"Obviously, Forrest was very emotional in the cage when he lost to Anderson (Silva), but I think that's because he works so damn hard, and like everybody, we all hate to lose. He's been back in the gym already. I saw him (Monday) here and he's back to training."

With a professional record of 16-9, Couture has been through the ups and downs of mixed martial arts many times. It all comes with the territory if you want to be a professional athlete, he says.

"I don't necessarily see that as a negative. It's all part of the learning and growing process," Couture pontificated.

"The same thing for Gina. Obviously she was a little embarrassed by the outcome (in losing to Cris Cyborg), but overall she did a great job in that fight. She had some opportunities to win and she did some good things. She did some things we trained to do.

"I think the adversity of losing that fight is going to be very, very important for her development as a fighter.

"I know from my own experience, the fights that I've lost were very important to me, and if I could go back and change them, I don't think I would. I think I learned more and became a better person and a better athlete for having experienced those things.

"And I know Gina and Forrest are both in that same boat."

mmaweekly.com

Sensei
08-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Wonder what hes going to work on?!?

Plates
08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Hopefully his chin. To me, Forrest seems to be known as a brawler. I've watched that Silva fight probably 20 times, and Silva completely exposes all of Griffins openings in the stand up. It took a while for people to understand how to get in on Chuck, and it's going to take a while to learn how to get in on Machida. But Forrest is a gatekeeper in my opinion. If people que in on his weak points, what does that mean for him? Its no secret that I can stand the dude, but I'm going to be very interested in where he goes from here, and how its going to spread the division out.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I want to see how Carano is going to rebound from her loss, because I cannot quite make out where she was lacking. Maybe I just have not watched the fight enough to zero in on anything.

Plates
08-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Probably will pursue other things. She is has other shit to look forward to without destroying her body. TV maybe? Movies? Who knows. Whatever she does, I hope it involves my penis.

DannyG
08-22-2009, 11:55 AM
^^^lmao^^^

chitownmscle
08-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Hopefully his chin. To me, Forrest seems to be known as a brawler. I've watched that Silva fight probably 20 times, and Silva completely exposes all of Griffins openings in the stand up. It took a while for people to understand how to get in on Chuck, and it's going to take a while to learn how to get in on Machida. But Forrest is a gatekeeper in my opinion. If people que in on his weak points, what does that mean for him? Its no secret that I can stand the dude, but I'm going to be very interested in where he goes from here, and how its going to spread the division out.

I'm not a huge Forrest supporter but come on now, Silva exposes everyone's weak points. There has yet to be a fighter that he just makes look silly. While true Forrest shouldn't have been knocked out like that and acted all cry baby about it but still. It was more of Silva being a beast the Forrest not being able to stand up.

Plates
08-27-2009, 11:30 AM
MehHH!!!! $1000 says his next fight is a spoon-fed one.

dublin-lifter
08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
MehHH!!!! $1000 says his next fight is a spoon-fed one.
100% agree