PDA

View Full Version : Carwin vs Lesnar Nov 21st. (Cain/Carwin off)

timmytimm3
08-20-2009, 12:48 PM
http://www.mmamadness.com/2009/08/shane-carwin-gets-title-shot-verses-brock-lesnar-at-ufc-106/

Sources close to the event have confirmed to MMAMadness.com that Brock Lesnar will make his first official title defense against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on November 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.
Shane Carwin had been scheduled to take on AKA fighter Cain Velasquez in October at UFC 104. But the UFC has opted to change course. Velasquez is reportedly uninjured and his management, Zinkin Entertainment, has not heard any news regarding the bout being scratched.

Minnesota MMA confirmed our sources by tweeting the news Wednesday night.
UFC 106 takes place November 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas NV.
Here are other rumored matches for the event:

Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman
Jon Fitch vs. Ricardo Almeida

SAMSON
08-20-2009, 03:30 PM
This is the matchup I wanted for Lesnar. Carwin is also a wrestler, and has a HUGE KO punch. He put Gonzaga down with a short jab!

Lesnar by G'n'P for me though.

dublin-lifter
08-20-2009, 03:48 PM
carwin by ko lesnar appears to get dazed very easy he wont be able to hold carwin down as easy as his other opponents also either way should be a great fight

dublin-lifter
08-20-2009, 03:54 PM
just thinking that might actualy be a bit close if this fight is scheduled to happen i think it might be a bit further down the line lesnar only defended his title recently im sure he would want another month or 2 before his next defense also machida is due to fight that night aswell maybe ufc 107 at christmas

-Z-
08-20-2009, 07:36 PM
It will be a good match IF it happens.

-Z-
08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar will meet Shane Carwin in his second title defense at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Sherdog.com has confirmed the news through several sources with knowledge of the agreement. MMAMadness.com was the first to report on the card shift that will see Carwin move from a scheduled bout against Cain Velasquez at UFC 104.

Carwin has not answered calls for comment, but posted a message on his official Web Site Wednesday night.

“I can't confirm or deny anything. I can just tell you guys that I am training harder then ever and your support and loyalty will carry me through any fight they send my way,” he wrote.

Scheduling problems led to the dissolution of the previously agreed to Carwin-Velasquez matchup, according to a UFC source speaking anonymously because they were not authorized speak.

Lesnar, the company’s top pay-per-view draw, had minor surgery after defeating Frank Mir in July, creating uncertainty as to when he would be available to fight again.

His quick recovery allowed the promotion to bring him back in November, but with all of the top heavyweights already scheduled to fight, it was necessary to break up one of those bouts.

Carwin became a buzzworthy suitor for the champion following swift first-round technical knockouts over Neil Wain at UFC 89 and Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96. Carwin, a 1999 NCAA Div. II wrestling champion, battled back from an early knockdown from the Brazilian to finish Gonzaga with his heavy hands.

Lesnar, 32, unified the heavyweight title and avenged his only loss with a second-round drubbing of former interim champion Frank Mir at UFC 100 last July. Lesnar, a 2000 NCAA Div. I heavyweight champion, won the title against perennial competitor Randy Couture by second-round TKO at UFC 91 last November. It was the former World Wrestling Entertainment star’s fourth professional bout.

sherdog.com

Lucas
08-21-2009, 01:17 AM
I hope Carwin destroys him.

Plates
08-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Im going to hold back until I break down more fight tapes of carwin before I comment too much. However for those who think Carwin KO'd Gonzaga just like that, you are sorely mistaken. If I remember clearly, Gonzaga had Carwin on the ground in the 1st, and quick like. It was Gonzaga who made a mistake of putting his hands down before he should have.
If I were going to judge on what I know now, its going to be a battle of wrestlers and suspect chins.

-Z-
08-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Im going to hold back until I break down more fight tapes of carwin before I comment too much. However for those who think Carwin KO'd Gonzaga just like that, you are sorely mistaken. If I remember clearly, Gonzaga had Carwin on the ground in the 1st, and quick like. It was Gonzaga who made a mistake of putting his hands down before he should have.
If I were going to judge on what I know now, its going to be a battle of wrestlers and suspect chins.

Biased, you're a Gonzaga hugger.

Plates
08-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Biased, you're a Gonzaga hugger.

TRUE!!! :D But clearly Carwin was fucked up.

-Z-
08-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I really think this will tip the scale for Brock. Carwin is a guy who has the ability to push him if not beat him.

-Z-
08-21-2009, 01:43 PM
“Brock is ready to go now and wants to fight. Carwin makes the most sense. He’s 11-0, and he’s been kicking the [expletive] out of everybody. [Gabriel] Gonzaga destroyed [Mirko] Cro Cop and he [Carwin] totally destroyed Gonzaga. Plus, he hates Brock Lesnar. It’s going to be two huge guys going at it. He’s got the power to knock anybody out and he’s got great wrestling too. He’s one of the guys that has the size to match up with Brock, too. This is one of those fights that could be wild. Someone’s going to get their head knocked off.”

UFC President Dana White chimes in on the pending showdown between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin, scheduled for UFC 106 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Nov. 21. Carwin publicly lambasted Lesnar’s post-fight antics after he soundly defeated Frank Mir at UFC 100 back on July 11. Now he gets a chance to put his money where his mouth is for November’s battle of the behemoths. Is Carwin going to show Brock how a champion should act? Or will Lesnar make “The Engineer” eat his words?

dublin-lifter
08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
“Brock is ready to go now and wants to fight. Carwin makes the most sense. He’s 11-0, and he’s been kicking the [expletive] out of everybody. [Gabriel] Gonzaga destroyed [Mirko] Cro Cop and he [Carwin] totally destroyed Gonzaga. Plus, he hates Brock Lesnar. It’s going to be two huge guys going at it. He’s got the power to knock anybody out and he’s got great wrestling too. He’s one of the guys that has the size to match up with Brock, too. This is one of those fights that could be wild. Someone’s going to get their head knocked off.”

UFC President Dana White chimes in on the pending showdown between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin, scheduled for UFC 106 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Nov. 21. Carwin publicly lambasted Lesnar’s post-fight antics after he soundly defeated Frank Mir at UFC 100 back on July 11. Now he gets a chance to put his money where his mouth is for November’s battle of the behemoths. Is Carwin going to show Brock how a champion should act? Or will Lesnar make “The Engineer” eat his words?

cannot wait but im hopin lesnar gets put in his place an auld xxxxxl glove to jaw might just be wait lesnar needs

-Z-
08-21-2009, 03:25 PM
I think it will be a good fight. When it goes to the ground, and it will, Carwin won't last long.

dublin-lifter
08-22-2009, 07:49 AM
i think brock could be openin himself up for a knockout when he tries to charge carwin down he could be runnin straight into an uppercut

Dr Pangloss
08-22-2009, 08:27 PM
lesner hasn't knocked anyone out. That peabrain wont have any choice but to stand up with Carwin, and Carwin will knock him out.

Lesnar has gotten by on size and wrestling. Carwin is as good a wrestler easily, and a much better puncher.

aznlifter
08-22-2009, 09:40 PM
fuk yeah, im excited about this. I don't want to see Lesnar just get beat, I want to see him get KO'd and Shane Carwin is the man to do it...hes never made it past round 1 with a perfect record

Plates
08-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Ill take Brock by TKO g&p. Brock is a way better wrestler, has more overall power, stamina looks to be better, and has good stand up. Brock all the way.

chitownmscle
08-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I hope Carwin wins but I got this funny feeling that Brock is going to pull it out somehow. If he does I will have a little respect for him.

cobra
08-24-2009, 08:56 PM
i'm takin brock, FUCK.

jdl80
08-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Tito v. Mark Coleman for 106 also scheduled to take place.

-Z-
08-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Tito v. Mark Coleman for 106 also scheduled to take place.

Yeahhh, battle of the has beens. Let me guess ground and pound.

Plates
08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeahhh, battle of the has beens. Let me guess ground and pound.

I wonder how much shit talking is going to happen in that fight. Jesus......im already sick of it!

Who is going to claim they were the father of G&P 1st? Coleman was in retrospect; but you know monkey head will have something to say about that

cobra
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I wonder how much shit talking is going to happen in that fight. Jesus......im already sick of it!

Who is going to claim they were the father of G&P 1st? Coleman was in retrospect; but you know monkey head will have something to say about that
LOL Seriously, WTF is up with that big ass DOM!? Is that some kinda side effect of human growth er somethin?

Plates
08-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Tito
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq225/encinias34/Orangutan.jpg

His old lady
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc276/trae1170/5-26-09/catchersmit.jpg

dublin-lifter
08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Tito
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq225/encinias34/Orangutan.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: god i wont know who to shout for in this fight i hate the 2 of them

firsthorseman97
08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: god i wont know who to shout for in this fight i hate the 2 of them

I guess we should hope for a double knockout :yep:

dublin-lifter
08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I guess we should hope for a double knockout :yep:
yea big time its going to be so annoying listening to all the shit talking between these two i supouse i hate coleman a little less so if im going to be pushed for an answer ill have to say him