PDA

View Full Version : injuries...

robert da strongman
08-20-2009, 07:25 PM
yours, mine, someone else's....

was thinking of this because Romano brought up Franco carrying the refigerator.

thankfully i havent had serious injuries in strongman. but i have had dumb ones...
sprained levator scapulae(sp) ning my head while doing curls
swollen toe from dropping a 25lb plate on it.

own up to yours....

crashcrew56
08-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Black eye from hammer curling with a 45lb plate

chipped bones in both elbows and right knee, those wern't gym injuries though, all alchol related

robert da strongman
08-20-2009, 07:47 PM
ouch!

cant count how many bumps on my head from standing up under a bar.

oh...popping cartilage in my ribs by taking a deep breath while holding 350lbs in each hand

SallyAnne
08-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I lost a fingernail once doing side lat raises. Some dipstick came up beside me to do the same exercise and nailed me with his dumbbell. If my finger hadn't hurt so bad, I would have smacked him. :)

robert da strongman
08-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I lost a fingernail once doing side lat raises. Some dipstick came up beside me to do the same exercise and nailed me with his dumbbell. If my finger hadn't hurt so bad, I would have smacked him. :)

love those dumbasses....

speaking of nails. the climbing shoes i wear to pull trucks squished my toes so bad i lost a nail.

BrotherIron
08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
I've popped my left bicep, pulled my pec 2x, had an impingement in my shoulder, several back injuries.

A good friend told me once; "If you're not getting injured than you're not pushing yourself enough."

I don't live by that rule anymore obviously since I think there are much smarter ways to train but when you're young and dumb you'll listen to anyone.

rinse
08-22-2009, 05:53 PM
love those dumbasses....

speaking of nails. the climbing shoes i wear to pull trucks squished my toes so bad i lost a nail.

Wow that's some serious injuries you have suffered....

Outcast
08-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Swollen finger from catching it between a 120 lb dumbell and the frame of the back extension chair as I was setting it down. I was surprised but I didn't really loose the nail, it just grew this weird white ring out from under the cuticle.

Broken finger from banging it into the bar as I was swinging a 100 lb plate off the incline leg press.

Dislocated both shoulders at the same time while doing military presses.