PDA

View Full Version : Mir comments on Fedor

-Z-
08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
"I think it's an excuse to dodge the top-level competition," Mir said. "As long as he never proves it, he can keep the No. 1 ranking. If he goes into the cage and loses, he loses that. If he stays out of the cage and doesn't fight myself, Lesnar, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin and some of the top heavyweights, he can always have an argument."

Mir also seemed to suggest that Fedor -- who has fought his entire career in rings -- would struggle inside a cage. Asked if Fedor would beat Lesnar, Mir answered, "In a cage? No. In a boxing ring? Possibly."

Plates
08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Mir is a douche bag.

-Z-
08-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Mir is a douche bag.

Yep, I hate how he believes he's this incredible striker. He's average at best.

dublin-lifter
08-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Mir is a douche bag.

mir is right why the fuck would the no 1 heavyweight in the world go to strikeforce like who is honestly going to challange him there
as mirko cro cop said he should be begging to come to the ufc not the other way around

Plates
08-21-2009, 02:40 PM
mir is right why the fuck would the no 1 heavyweight in the world go to strikeforce like who is honestly going to challange him there
as mirko cro cop said he should be begging to come to the ufc not the other way around

as i said before, he went there for one thing only. $

The Big Sexy
08-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Mir - shit-stirrer of all shit-stirrers... LOL

Plates
08-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Mir - shit-stirrer of all shit-stirrers... LOL

and not a whole lot to back it up either. par striker with par jitz skills.

Bacon Boy
08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
and not a whole lot to back it up either. par striker with par jitz skills.

Back in the day pre motorcycle accident he was somebody at the time, in comparison his ground and striking game were great, the thing is the world of MMA has changed drastically since then and he has not...

The reason Fedor wont fight in the UFC is he doesn't want abinding contract and have to fight the same legal battles as coutre went through, if it was Fedor fight this guy, and everytime we'll pay you, he would be fine with it, but Zuffa wants in a sense ownership of when he can fight and under what organization...

-Z-
08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Back in the day pre motorcycle accident he was somebody at the time, in comparison his ground and striking game were great, the thing is the world of MMA has changed drastically since then and he has not...

The reason Fedor wont fight in the UFC is he doesn't want abinding contract and have to fight the same legal battles as coutre went through, if it was Fedor fight this guy, and everytime we'll pay you, he would be fine with it, but Zuffa wants in a sense ownership of when he can fight and under what organization...

Right, it's called a contract, it's nothing new.

kratos47
08-22-2009, 04:23 AM
mir's a douche. i would love to see him fight fedor. fedor would ass rape him in every situation stand up or ground and really dont think brock is that great. he doesnt look like he has much skill. just brute force but that will only take him so far. even the fight with mir he just layed on him. i would actually like to see arolvski back in the ufc. he was one of my favorite fighters. really awesome stand. his hands alone are almost good enough to step in a boxing ring.

lennox
08-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Mir knows that if fedor came to the ufc that he is a possible warm up match for fedor bringing him big $$, but fedor would destroy these peices of shit!

dublin-lifter
08-22-2009, 07:47 AM
as i said before, he went there for one thing only. $
ah yea big time
also mir is just saying what every other heavyweight is thinking i was a fan of fedor till all this shit happened

enrage
08-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Mir = Ultimate Karate Kid

svtmuscle
08-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Mir's awesome...that's an awesome callout for Fedor

chitownmscle
08-22-2009, 11:28 PM
ah yea big time
also mir is just saying what every other heavyweight is thinking i was a fan of fedor till all this shit happened

Exactly, Mir is just saying what everyone else already knows. For whatever reason Mir will actually speak his mind and when he does can actually get his point across without sounding like a big piece of meat. He actually seems to have some intelligence

hulkish808
08-23-2009, 12:24 AM
last time I saw White's interview about Fedor, during the last negotiations, White was willing to let Fedor still fight Sambo, and offered him more money than Strikeforce. I think Mir didn't do anything wrong with those comments, because if Fedor doesn't show up and fight these guys, then how can we say Fedor is the best in the world?

I feel Fedor would own Mir, and beat Lesnar, but come on! As a fan, or as a fighter, everyone wants to see quality fighters. It's the same thing as people saying they're the best bodybuilder, or strongest bodybuilder in the world. We can all agree that he/she would have to prove them self worthy, same with Fedor.

And Mir never said he was the best striker, so I don't know where you got that from, because obviously he got OWNED by Lesnar at 101.

Plates
08-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Everyone forgets the other side of the coin. If the HW's in UFC are so bad and could kick Fedors ass, then why dont they go to him????????????????????????????

Foreskin
08-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Everyone forgets the other side of the coin. If the HW's in UFC are so bad and could kick Fedors ass, then why dont they go to him????????????????????????????
because dana owns their souls

JAM
08-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I think everyone is getting all pissed and anxious about Fedor because they can't accept that he might just be content being able to live and train where he calls home and earn the good about of money he is currently recieving. He's huge in Asia and where he fights so whats the incentive to go thorough the hassle and fighting in the US. Imo, he completely holds all the cards on any negotiations. The whole pride and ego thing doesn't seem to be an issue with him. So if anyone wants to fight him they are gonna have to go to him. And if White wants to make a deal he's gonna have to give up a lot and completly accept whatever terms and conditions Fedor wants.

TPT
08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
incredible to watch fedor go up against the all mighty ufc with some amount of leverage. and the ufc will chase him. this issue is way bigger than just fighting top fighters, money, and claiming pound-for-pound titles. this is one lone fighter going against the demands of the leader of the mma industry. some credit to that should be given to fedor. too bad the fans are stuck observing the stalemate.

hulkish808
08-23-2009, 01:01 PM
true other HW fighters could go off and find Fedor to fight him in Strikeforce, but the money isn't there for them plain and simple. Why would you take a pay cut to fight ONE guy? Would you?

Fedor does have the upper hand, and he's pushing the limits IMO I think he's trying to squeeze out as much as he can out of Dana White. Fedor doesn't really need to make anymore money than he already has, as he's had a successful career so far. But if the guy isn't willing to prove to the world that he IS numero uno....then I think that speaks mountains of the guy's personality.

Sorry for the UFC guys for calling Fedor out on that..but how can we say Fedor is number one, if he's not willing to prove it? end of story...

dublin-lifter
08-23-2009, 08:55 PM

why should they ufc is top level if fedor wants to prove himself he should be going to them honestly why would any top level fighter leave ufc for strikeforce

Mirko Cro Cop
08-23-2009, 09:05 PM
why should they ufc is top level if fedor wants to prove himself he should be going to them honestly why would any top level fighter leave ufc for strikeforce

Considering that the best heavyweight in the world (Fedor) and the best lightweight in the world (Shinya Aoki) fight outside of the UFC it means that UFC's heavyweight and lightweights will not be able to fight the best of the best unless they leave the UFC.

Then there are guys like Gegard Mousasi, Nick Diaz, Eddie Alvarez, Joachim Hansen, Alaister Overeem etc that fight in Strikeforce and DREAM who are all top level fighters in my opinion.

At the end of the day the UFC does have the best talent in pretty much every weight class but Strikeforce and DREAM aren't exactly short of talent either.

Plates
08-23-2009, 09:33 PM
considering that the best heavyweight in the world (fedor) and the best lightweight in the world (shinya aoki) fight outside of the ufc it means that ufc's heavyweight and lightweights will not be able to fight the best of the best unless they leave the ufc.

then there are guys like gegard mousasi, nick diaz, eddie alvarez, joachim hansen, alaister overeem etc that fight in strikeforce and dream who are all top level fighters in my opinion.

At the end of the day the ufc does have the best talent in pretty much every weight class but strikeforce and dream aren't exactly short of talent either.
finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dublin-lifter
08-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Considering that the best heavyweight in the world (Fedor) and the best lightweight in the world (Shinya Aoki) fight outside of the UFC it means that UFC's heavyweight and lightweights will not be able to fight the best of the best unless they leave the UFC.

Then there are guys like Gegard Mousasi, Nick Diaz, Eddie Alvarez, Joachim Hansen, Alaister Overeem etc that fight in Strikeforce and DREAM who are all top level fighters in my opinion.

At the end of the day the UFC does have the best talent in pretty much every weight class but Strikeforce and DREAM aren't exactly short of talent either.

so in your opinion who is there in strikeforce that can contend with fedor

Plates
08-24-2009, 11:43 AM
http://www.strikeforce.com/fighters/AlistairOvereem.asp

-Z-
08-24-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.strikeforce.com/fighters/AlistairOvereem.asp

Fedor will destroy him in round 1.

a-dog
08-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Mir is right on the money with this statement.

dublin-lifter
08-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Fedor will destroy him in round 1.

so would most top ufc hw fighters in fact if im not mistaken coture beat him years ago

Plates
08-26-2009, 11:36 AM
so would most top ufc hw fighters in fact if im not mistaken coture beat him years ago
Thats a dumb statement. Are we playing association with fighting now? In that case, Jeremy Horn must be able to run with a lot of top heavyweights then. Confused????....I know you are. Its ok.

dublin-lifter
08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Thats a dumb statement. Are we playing association with fighting now? In that case, Jeremy Horn must be able to run with a lot of top heavyweights then. Confused????....I know you are. Its ok.

ok that's a weird comeback im simply slaying that most heavyweights in the ufc would beat him putting some backing mir's comments that fedor wont be tested in strikeforce and that could possibly be the reason why he is gone there so he keeps his win streak and the legend lives on even if its against 2nd string competion