PDA

View Full Version : MAJOUR 'Bulk up'

fits
02-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Hello People

If someone wanted to bulk up big time (Cancer patient) whats the easiest way via a shake? Any recipes?

Looking for something that tastes decent, at the least volume Highest amount of calories. Shop bought 'nutritional drinnks' and 'build up' drinks are full of added sugar which doesn't make sense as there seems to be alot of evidence about that sugests cancer 'likes' sugar.

I was thinking along the lines of soaked and blended almonds?

Mouse
02-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Nuts are a great way to add calories. I add them to mine ocassionally (almonds). Unless you've got a good blender though you may need to chop them up in a food processor first so they fit through the straw.

Another option would be to add a tablespoon or two of healthy oils to your shake (Olive, macadamia)

mikeheeney
02-09-2009, 07:27 AM
oats and peanut butter, yoghurt, milk

fits
02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Nuts are a great way to add calories. I add them to mine ocassionally (almonds). Unless you've got a good blender though you may need to chop them up in a food processor first so they fit through the straw.

Another option would be to add a tablespoon or two of healthy oils to your shake (Olive, macadamia)

I add oils to shakes but this is for some one else who definately would not go for that, so it needs to be enjoyable.

Any one used other nuts for shakes?

Mouse
02-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Unless your using fish oil, it shouldn't alter the taste much.

I also like to add strained Greek yogurt (plain). I don't know what's available in the UK but Fage is a popular brand here.

http://delishis.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/fageyogurtplain500g.jpg

Joshua H
02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Would any of you eat frosted(not the cream cheese kind) carrot cake postworkout in the offseason?

I ask because a client of mine just gave me a huge ass peice of the stuff (~12"x8" chunk) homeade too! And I have had it before and its just a total foodgasm in your mouth, nothing less! It wont last but 2 days, 3 at best since its homeade, pretty sure its not low fat so I dont know if its an ideal post workout carb source? What would you do?

Not looking for permission to eat shit, just dont want to let such an awsome gift to go waste if I can help it.....

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z210/oregonpanthers/002-1.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z210/oregonpanthers/001-2.jpg

Jake
02-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Holee crap! Thats an awesome pic but you shouldn't eat that crap!
...don't through it away though. send it to me ive got a recycling bin designated specifically for carrot cake; so believe me i can take care of it.

Seriously, unless you gotta be in contest shape i'd eat it.
...and i can prove it!

chucksm00th
02-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Hello People

If someone wanted to bulk up big time (Cancer patient) whats the easiest way via a shake? Any recipes?

Looking for something that tastes decent, at the least volume Highest amount of calories. Shop bought 'nutritional drinnks' and 'build up' drinks are full of added sugar which doesn't make sense as there seems to be alot of evidence about that sugests cancer 'likes' sugar.

I was thinking along the lines of soaked and blended almonds?

bump protein to 1.5g per lb of bodyweigth and bump fats to .5g per lb of bvodywieght...have a couple carbs meals throughout the day that should do it
Get creative with teh food...eating junk is going to put on junk wieght, stick to healthy foods just flavor them up with spices and marinades

BigJD69
02-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Mouse I love that yogurt, buy a weight gainer like True Mass or Cytogainer. You can add Power butter, icecream etc to shakes!

redline777
07-20-2009, 11:33 PM
have u tried the triple whopper burger from BK???

protein=73
carbs=52
fat=84
cal=1756

be warned ,due to the huge calorie content ,it may put u into gaga land:p

The Big Sexy
07-20-2009, 11:35 PM
have u tried the triple whopper burger from BK???

protein=73
carbs=52
fat=84
cal=1756

be warned ,due to the huge calorie content ,it may put u into gaga land:p

I think that would put me into Pukesville