PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

blackvoodoo
08-22-2009, 05:37 AM
I have a question about making a diet , do i need to count the proteines what comes from starch carbs to my total of proteines?
Example i need 200 gr proteines i start to choose my proteines like fish, meat, shakes ,..
when i got my 200 gr i start to thake my carbs put in the end i am passing my 200 gr of proteines because carbs do have also proteines.
Is that a problem or i dont need to count them?:dunno:

I am sorry if i wright some mistakes i am from europe and my english is not so good.:emb:

KZ
08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
You really shouldn't...

Protein synthesis (ie building of new muscle) requires that all eight essential amino acids be present in sufficient quantities. That's why it's called "complete protein" and it can be usually obtained only from animal and powder sources.

Plant foods usually have several amino acids in very small quantities so you will not get the same results.

So in general it's best to only count the protein in your complete sources. The other option is to look up which plant foods lack which amino acids and mix them up.....but that's a colossal pain in the ass. So get at least 2 grams per kilo of weight using complete sources.

blackvoodoo
08-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Thnx for the answer. :)

LuckyDog
08-23-2009, 09:35 AM
I actually would. Typically our protein consumption is high enough that the amino acid pool in our gut can complete the incomplete proteins from plant or non complete sources. Plus they are macros the body can use them so account for them in your overall consumption. Especially if you are trying to drop.

KZ
08-23-2009, 03:49 PM
As calories yes, but not protein intake.To count them you would have to know exactly which aminos are lacking, because the amount of protein used for building muscle is decided by the lowest amino acid in that meal. So if you have everything at 100% but one essential amino at 20%, then only 20% can be used for protein synthesis.

It's simply impractical, especially considering that carb foods usually have very small amounts of protein to begin with. Why spend time figuring out where those 3-5g went for a grand daily total of 20g or so?