PDA

View Full Version : diuretics

tammyp
08-23-2009, 04:46 PM
what is your diuretic of choice and why? and how do you dose them?

JillyRev
08-23-2009, 05:27 PM
no diuretics for me...

do you think that figure girls really even need to take them anymore? just wondering what you all think...

sassy69
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
no diuretics for me...

do you think that figure girls really even need to take them anymore? just wondering what you all think...

Ideally no, but for some to come down that last bit, a simple OTC treatment like MHP Xpel or Taraxatone should be enough. Or make your own w/ dandelion root & uva ursi.

tammyp
08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
uva ursi? never heard of it. i have used dandi c and b6.

but im refering to dyazide , aldacone or lasix....

PJ BRAUN
08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Uva Ursi is pretty potent as far as herbal remedies go, its actually banned in some of the natty federations. Combined with dandelion like Sassy stated, you can make your own cheap version of Xpell or Taraxatone

STACEYK
08-23-2009, 09:30 PM
uva ursi? never heard of it. i have used dandi c and b6.

but im refering to dyazide , aldacone or lasix....

I'd prefer none but if I had a choice, Aldactone :yep: def better than lasix at least has worked better for me in the past but the REBOUND is a bitch:mad:

Sistersteel
08-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Diuretics can very dangerous, and no, that is no myth, especially when you have inexperienced, desperate competitors looking for that last minute quick fix and end up resorting to drastic measures to make weight...I am referring to Intravenous lasix in particular.

STACEYK
08-24-2009, 05:56 AM
Diuretics can very dangerous, and no, that is no myth, especially when you have inexperienced, desperate competitors looking for that last minute quick fix and end up resorting to drastic measures to make weight...I am referring to Intravenous lasix in particular.

Wow! that's some serious shit there intravenous and I agree, not a big fan but in some cases to make weight ya gotta do it. An example is I'm 5"4 and a half and need to be 125 for my show. I'm hoping I don't have to use any but if there are 3-4lbs who knows:dunno:

RealLilSwole
08-24-2009, 12:53 PM
As a nurse, I am going to have to put in my two sense on diuretics. People that take lasix are complete idiots prior to a competition. Especially if they decide to push it IV. Lasix is a powerful drug used for people with pulmonary HTN, fluid in the lungs, third spacing, and so forth. It also is NOT K+ (potassium) sparring. SO when you take it, its going to push all your K+ out of your body. This will cause cramps but most importantly will FUCK up your heart. When taking lasix you should have vital sign monitored frequently and in some cases in the hospital, we hook those patients up to heart monitors.

Personally, I use maxide, which is the same thing as diazide. But aldactone also falls in this catagory. Still they can be dangerous drugs when used in excess, but they are K+ sparring. So you shouldn't get as many cramps and it shouldn't mess with your heart as bad.