PDA

View Full Version : RE: Assistance with mid month bleeding

Tyler.Alexander
08-23-2009, 06:02 PM
This is a very tough question to ask, I am a Recreational Powerlifter/Strongman. My wife is also a very dedicated as well and this question pertains to her.

After the birth of our Daughter 8 years ago she really started pushing her lifting and got in very good shape. In the process of getting in such great shape she started to develope mid month bleeding.

she went to the Doctor several times and each time they told her to cut back on her lifting and it would stop. As most of you can imagine this really was a non answer. The strange thing in her case is she does no cardio and although we eat clean i do not think it really compares to what most do on this forum.

I know this is an off the wall question to ask, but as her husband I see her frustration over this because she thinks she is going to have to give up all the hard work she has put into her workouts. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Tyler

sassy69
08-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Is she on any birth control? Sometimes if the dosing isn't well-matched to the person's natural levels break-thru bleeding can occur. Is she on any other medication?

The whole heavy lifting seems weird. I've been lifting heavy since the early 90s (i.e. when I learned that the measure of a 'good leg day' is at or near puking levels) and never had issues. I've never had kids so not a 100% match. It sees to me, even stranger if the heavy lifting is now 'normal' levels for her - i.e. her body should be adjusted to that level of lifting so relatively, it shouldn't be considered a larger exertion than normal. But before I start assuming, what is "heavy lifting" - what is her regular training regimen and what are her stats?

Tyler.Alexander
08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
First, thank you for the reply, As you can imaginne she is very frustrated at the moment. No she is on no BC or any other meds.

as far as her condition I think she mainatins about 17%. I can see her abs well, and her upper back is very muscular. I would call her athleticly lean.

Her diet is very high protein. She gets more than enough. I hope that helps?

The Beast
08-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Well I have been lifting heavy since my mid teens and never experienced mid month bleeding until I started truly powerlifting this past year. I am not sure it is from pushing so hard in the deep lifts or if I am producing more or different hormones because of the lifting but it sounds very similar to what is happening with your wife. No way I am going to give up the lifting so I just deal with it...not sure if this helps but at least you aren't alone!

Sistersteel
08-25-2009, 02:02 AM
I find this strange... if the bleeding were the result of heavy lifting, then the bleeding would occur on days when she exerted herself the most...and not mid month like clockwork...How old is your wife?

Tyler.Alexander
08-25-2009, 11:21 AM
That does sound very much like her situation, She is 38 by the way. It seemed as though once she gave birth to our daughter that she dropped what little baby weight she had (less than 20 LBS) and seemed to be leaner than before she got prenant. I in no way am blaming heavy lifting or Powerlifting for that matter. I am afraid she might have to deal with it as well, but as you can imagine she is very furstrated by this. Thanks for all your input!