PDA

View Full Version : dry chicken

BigBilly
08-23-2009, 08:39 PM
im tired of washing down chicken with water.. what i am doing wrong

I place 10pds of chicken in the oven on 300* degress

SlimTim
08-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Cooking it at 300 degrees might be your problem, the low heat makes for a longer cooking time, equaling drier chicken in the end. When I cook chicken in the oven I butterfly my chicken breasts and cook it on a higher heat, like 375-400. When its butterflied its thinner so it can cook all the way through faster, and cooking it on the higher heat helps lock in the juice.

BigBilly
08-24-2009, 09:35 AM
i will try it at 400 this week.. i have a few left too cook

Frosty
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Only cook it until it reaches about 160F and take it out...the internal temp should then raise to 165 and it's done and as juicy as it can be with the cooking method. The oven in general dries out chicken unless you cook in some sort of broth. On the stove in a pan covered works great for keeping it juicier especially if you cook it with a little liquid.

DAVIDHARDY
08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Using a foreman is the way to go too. My chicken is never dry, even after sitting in the freezer/fridge all week. I cut it into strips and it takes less time to cook, so it stays juicier that way.

CallofDuty4
08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I grill mines on a weber....like 6 to 7 of them and have them all week

anabolic fyre
08-24-2009, 06:44 PM
boil ur chicken in water, nd then it stays wetnd moistt

Shadow
08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Using a foreman is the way to go too. My chicken is never dry, even after sitting in the freezer/fridge all week. I cut it into strips and it takes less time to cook, so it stays juicier that way.

Odd. My foreman makes my chicken dry as the Sahara.

Shadow
08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Cooking it at 300 degrees might be your problem, the low heat makes for a longer cooking time, equaling drier chicken in the end. When I cook chicken in the oven I butterfly my chicken breasts and cook it on a higher heat, like 375-400. When its butterflied its thinner so it can cook all the way through faster, and cooking it on the higher heat helps lock in the juice.

This is typically what I do.

DAVIDHARDY
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Odd. My foreman makes my chicken dry as the Sahara.

Mine does that if I dont cut it in strips. Also, after a couple of minuset, take and flip it and let it cook for another minuet or two and it's always juicy for me that way.

DAVIDHARDY
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
boil ur chicken in water, nd then it stays wetnd moistt

Oh God, that's gross bro lol.

BigBilly
08-25-2009, 10:24 AM
i buy a 10pd bag of frozen chicken breast... i do not thaw thaw themm

Shadow
08-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Mine does that if I dont cut it in strips. Also, after a couple of minuset, take and flip it and let it cook for another minuet or two and it's always juicy for me that way.

Strips! AHHHH. I might have to try that.

DAVIDHARDY
08-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Strips! AHHHH. I might have to try that.

Yeah man, if you throw a whole breast on there, it's gonna burn on the outside and wind up dry in the middle. Also, use PAM on the grill and keeps it from sticking and burning and helps to hold the juices in there.

irishmuscle
08-25-2009, 01:07 PM
had the same problem and got this advice from him,place chicken breast in oven and cover it with tin foil (loosly),i put on for 18 mins @ 190c and its so juicy,never have dry chicken again

The Big Sexy
08-25-2009, 01:08 PM
I can no longer eat chicken - the taste/smell of it makes me want to hurl. IF I am hungry, I just smell some chicken and I fucking lose my appetite.

I have to go Turkey Breast now...

Mouse
08-25-2009, 06:39 PM
I can no longer eat chicken - the taste/smell of it makes me want to hurl. IF I am hungry, I just smell some chicken and I fucking lose my appetite.

I have to go Turkey Breast now...

LOL. I was the same way for a long time. The first bite would elicit a gag reflex. I love turkey...especially as a chili. I'd venture to say about 90% of my lunches from the past 6 months or so were turkey chili.

That said I've been dredging my chicken breasts in egg and breadcrumb and putting in a convection oven set to 350 (for no other reason than to keep the house from heating up in the summer). They come out great and they re-heat nicely too. I'm not on any sort of Keto diet so I don't sweat the carbs from the breadcrumbs.

Peaceful28
08-25-2009, 07:04 PM
LOL. I was the same way for a long time. The first bite would elicit a gag reflex. I love turkey...especially as a chili. I'd venture to say about 90% of my lunches from the past 6 months or so were turkey chili.

That said I've been dredging my chicken breasts in egg and breadcrumb and putting in a convection oven set to 350 (for no other reason than to keep the house from heating up in the summer). They come out great and they re-heat nicely too. I'm not on any sort of Keto diet so I don't sweat the carbs from the breadcrumbs.

Stop pretending you can cook.

Mouse
08-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Stop pretending you can cook.

I was waiting for you to chime in here. Given the thread is "Dry Chicken" who better to post than the expert on dry chicken? :p