PDA

View Full Version : john defending us women!

tammyp
02-22-2009, 05:39 AM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=1712

Sledge
02-22-2009, 06:32 AM
"Regardless of how innocent or lurid the gambit of schmoe country is" :)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-22-2009, 07:38 AM
LOL!!!!!

Good to see.

musclegoddess65
02-22-2009, 08:10 AM
ok realizing I AM computer challenged from time to time... either the article cuts off or I'm not figuring out HOW to read what doesn't immediately show on the screen.... HELP :)

tammyp
02-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Muscle Girl Follow-Up! PDF Print E-mail
Written by John Romano
Sunday, 22 February 2009 03:56

Last night, in discussing our new women's radio show, Muscle Girls Inc.- hosted by Colette Nelson and Krissy Chin- I commented that I felt the female contingent of our community was not being served. Almost immediately, I was taken to task by a website that is purportedly serving the women competitors. I foster to a much greater degree now that we no longer work for a guy who doesn't like women.

Having been married to a top female bodybuilder, as well as having dated or befriended a few women who were either bodybuilders or figure competitors, I have a pretty good understanding of the appeal of what is known as a "schmoe". It has been my experience that these individuals are adored by the women who hone their physiques and exhibit it for a living. They're merely tolerated because these women's physiques bring in very little in the way of money. This unfortunate reality offers the schmoe a degree of "game" he'd never evince in the real world. They offer assistance to the women who need it and, in return, they receive what they're after. In many cases that could be friendship, a meaningful conversation, a photo opportunity, right on up to things that go take place in a hotel room after a big show. Regardless of how innocent or lurid the gambit of schmoe country is, more women than not would rather go there.

Dave and I both feel that women bodybuilders, fitness, figure, and now bikini competitors have a rightful place in our community and need not have to find refuge off someplace by themselves. A big part of this site will offer the women a comfortable refuge; a place to seek advice on diet, nutrition, supplementation and contest prep from knowledgeable people with no agenda. It will be a media-rich social network that offers plenty of opportunity to showcase the fruits of their hard labor through contest coverage, photo galleries, video and print interviews, and radio show appearances in a variety of programming.

Of course there does exist other venues where women are served. I apologize if I have offended anyone who didn't get what I was saying. To state it clearly, RX MUSCLE is for everyone who either supports or works in the "body" business. As far as the women go, many of you know Dave and I personally. We're like your big brother and, as such, we only want the best for you.

guess I better discuss this further and expound upon what I mean by "served" since the owner of this website couldn't answer a single question about women's bodybuilding correctly when Dave and I had him as contestant on No Bull Jeopardy (on our old MD radio show) opposite Krissy Chin.

Both Dave and I have an undying appreciation and respect for female competitors, especially female bodybuilders. From budding armatures to current and past Ms. Olympias, there exists a mutual respect and friendship that we intend to

musclegoddess65
02-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks Tammy... I guess it WAS the end of the article then... it just seemed like an incomplete sentence at the end... I was looking for more!!

the mighty stu
02-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I was confused myself. Surely JOhn will notice and remedy this situation.

S

tight booty
02-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks Tammy... I guess it WAS the end of the article then... it just seemed like an incomplete sentence at the end... I was looking for more!!
I was looking for more too, but came to the realisation that it must have been the end of the article!

fitbody
02-22-2009, 08:44 AM
a man after my own heart
i wish more men had the balls dave & john do !!!
love you guys,
thanks for standing up
and supporting up

tammyp
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
he fixed it...ill repost.

tammyp
02-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Muscle Girl Follow-Up PDF Print E-mail
Written by John Romano
Sunday, 22 February 2009 11:22

Last night, in discussing our new women's radio show, Muscle Girls Inc.- hosted by Colette Nelson and Krissy Chin- I commented that I felt the female contingent of our community was not being served. Almost immediately, I was taken to task by a website that is purportedly serving the women competitors. I guess I better discuss this further and expound upon what I mean by "served" since the owner of this website couldn't answer a single question about women's bodybuilding correctly when Dave and I had him as contestant on No Bull Jeopardy (on our old MD radio show) opposite Krissy Chin.

Both Dave and I have an undying appreciation and respect for female competitors, especially female bodybuilders. From budding armatures to current and past Ms. Olympias, there exists a mutual respect and friendship that we intend to foster to a much greater degree now that we no longer work for a guy who doesn't like women.

Having been married to a top female bodybuilder, as well as having dated or befriended a few women who were either bodybuilders or figure competitors, I have a pretty good understanding of the appeal of what is known as a "schmoe". It has been my experience that these individuals are adored by the women who hone their physiques and exhibit it for a living. They're merely tolerated because these women's physiques bring in very little in the way of money. This unfortunate reality offers the schmoe a degree of "game" he'd never evince in the real world. They offer assistance to the women who need it and, in return, they receive what they're after. In many cases that could be friendship, a meaningful conversation, a photo opportunity, right on up to things that go take place in a hotel room after a big show. Regardless of how innocent or lurid the gambit of schmoe country is, more women than not would rather go there.

Dave and I both feel that women bodybuilders, fitness, figure, and now bikini competitors have a rightful place in our community and need not have to find refuge off someplace by themselves. A big part of this site will offer the women a comfortable refuge; a place to seek advice on diet, nutrition, supplementation and contest prep from knowledgeable people with no agenda. It will be a media-rich social network that offers plenty of opportunity to showcase the fruits of their hard labor through contest coverage, photo galleries, video and print interviews, and radio show appearances in a variety of programming.

Of course there does exist other venues where women are served. I apologize if I have offended anyone who didn't get what I was saying. To state it clearly, RX MUSCLE is for everyone who either supports or works in the "body" business. As far as the women go, many of you know Dave and I personally. We're like your big brother and, as such, we only want the best for you.

Femphysiquefan
02-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I'll post here exactly what I posted on the "harsh critic's" website in his thread on this topic:

As far as I'm concerned, NOT ALL GUY FANS ARE SCHMOES. Period. I know that there are those who don't see a difference, but I personally make a very clear distinction between "schmoes" and "fans".....mainly because I've been down the schmoe road in my life, and I can tell you that my mentality is DECIDEDLY different now as a fan than it was during my schmoe days. Are we guy fans turned on by muscular ladies?? Yes, we are: I won't deny that. I don't care who you are, a fit body is attractive sexually. But to say that is the ONLY level on which female muscle can be and is appreciated by guy fans is completely false. Unlike the real schmoes whose appreciation stops here, we fans also seek to appreciate muscular women on two other levels. First, we appreciate them on an athletic level, in which we have genuine admiration and respect for their dedication, discipline, and hard work they have put into creating and then maintaining their physiques. And second, we appreciate them on an aesthetic level, like one would appreciate the lines, curves and order in any sculpture involving the human body. This appreciation on our part manifests itself in many forms, and yes, some of them involve giving money to help finance these ladies' athletic careers. What of it?? What makes you think I'm thinking only of sex if and when I send a donation to a competitors' website via PayPal?? It's not even possible that we fans could be doing so out of respect, admiration, and simple generosity??

OK, I'm done. I appreciate very much the past efforts of both Dave and John to promote and support the women's side of the sport, as well as what are doing with the women's section of their forum and their new radio show Muscle Girls Inc. I sincerely wish them the best of luck and more power to them with their website. But they DEFINITELY need to stop making blanket statements and grossly inaccurate assumptions concerning us guy fans. They have NO idea just how wrong they really are in that regard.

Mike the Ripper
02-22-2009, 05:05 PM
John is my hero! He and Dave are the true champions for the women. No agenda, just trying to provide equal opportunities. Unlike this guy

~gymdiva~
02-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I'll post here exactly what I posted on the "harsh critic's" website in his thread on this topic:

As far as I'm concerned, NOT ALL GUY FANS ARE SCHMOES. Period. I know that there are those who don't see a difference, but I personally make a very clear distinction between "schmoes" and "fans".....mainly because I've been down the schmoe road in my life, and I can tell you that my mentality is DECIDEDLY different now as a fan than it was during my schmoe days. Are we guy fans turned on by muscular ladies?? Yes, we are: I won't deny that. I don't care who you are, a fit body is attractive sexually. But to say that is the ONLY level on which female muscle can be and is appreciated by guy fans is completely false. Unlike the real schmoes whose appreciation stops here, we fans also seek to appreciate muscular women on two other levels. First, we appreciate them on an athletic level, in which we have genuine admiration and respect for their dedication, discipline, and hard work they have put into creating and then maintaining their physiques. And second, we appreciate them on an aesthetic level, like one would appreciate the lines, curves and order in any sculpture involving the human body. This appreciation on our part manifests itself in many forms, and yes, some of them involve giving money to help finance these ladies' athletic careers. What of it?? What makes you think I'm thinking only of sex if and when I send a donation to a competitors' website via PayPal?? It's not even possible that we fans could be doing so out of respect, admiration, and simple generosity??

OK, I'm done. I appreciate very much the past efforts of both Dave and John to promote and support the women's side of the sport, as well as what are doing with the women's section of their forum and their new radio show Muscle Girls Inc. I sincerely wish them the best of luck and more power to them with their website. But they DEFINITELY need to stop making blanket statements and grossly inaccurate assumptions concerning us guy fans. They have NO idea just how wrong they really are in that regard.

well I can't speak for them but I know they both have had numerous accounts from once being married to and another being engaged to popular fbbs...I would imagine to them, as with a lot of us in the sport, it is typical to make a blanket statement...b/c let's face it, we hardly ever get fans like you Jeremy! you truly are one of the "good guys"...and for every sincere message we get from someone like you there's 20 more with god awful requests and inappropriate comments to overshadow it...I think what's more important is that we know who does and doesn't fit into "schmoe", stalker, obsessed fan, and true fan...I understand why you feel this way...it's not fair to you HOWEVER I would never (and I doubt few if any females would) put you into that blanket statement...we know you're good peeps :)

lil mama
02-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I agree witcha sweetie he is a good person and has always been very polite and sincere.:)

well I can't speak for them but I know they both have had numerous accounts from once being married to and another being engaged to popular fbbs...I would imagine to them, as with a lot of us in the sport, it is typical to make a blanket statement...b/c let's face it, we hardly ever get fans like you Jeremy! you truly are one of the "good guys"...and for every sincere message we get from someone like you there's 20 more with god awful requests and inappropriate comments to overshadow it...I think what's more important is that we know who does and doesn't fit into "schmoe", stalker, obsessed fan, and true fan...I understand why you feel this way...it's not fair to you HOWEVER I would never (and I doubt few if any females would) put you into that blanket statement...we know you're good peeps :)

Femphysiquefan
02-23-2009, 03:41 AM

I agree witcha sweetie he is a good person and has always been very polite and sincere.:)

Thanks, you two. I very much appreciate it, and I'm sure other "good guy" fans out there appreciate it as well. :) I know the schmoes are out there in force, and I cannot BEGIN to imagine just what you ladies must go through in a day with them online. But as long as you know there's a difference between us and them, then that's all that matters. :D

tammyp
02-23-2009, 05:47 AM
i agree, jeremy is a good guy.

GirlyMuscle
02-23-2009, 05:50 AM
Tammy's right. There are good guys and there are schmoes. We girls know the difference. Don't think we don't.

tammyp
02-23-2009, 07:49 AM
yeah..nice guys dont ask for poo. :)

and i have an idea..lets stop the negatives...this new board is a fresh start, lets leave the drama back at MD>

Allifit
02-23-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah..nice guys dont ask for poo. :)

and i have an idea..lets stop the negatives...this new board is a fresh start, lets leave the drama back at MD>
I second that. I see glimmers of that "hater" type attitude showing themselves here and I truly hope this board doesnt grow to that... lord knows theres enough drama in day to day life without signing online and having to handle more of it....

That being said I wont even get into this schmoe debate. All I'll say is I am working that negative word of out of my vocabulary and learning to appreciate all walks of female muscle fans, irregardless of their fetishes etc. I prefer to call them "Fans" and leave it at that.

SallyAnne
02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I honestly think that things will die down and return to some form of normalcy soon. There's been a lot of upheaval for many people and we've been letting them work it out. You have to understand though - that this site welcomes everyone and has wiped the slate clean for a lot of people who were banned from other sites, so there will always be differences of opinion.