PDA

View Full Version : question about times between meals...

anabolic fyre
08-24-2009, 09:10 PM
is 3 1/2 hours between meals enough time to put you in a catabolic state or halt fat loss while on the keto diet? i always do 2 1/2 but on days that i werk 20 hour shifts, i try to space every meal out 3 1/2 hours apart or i will run out of meals nd that would suck, what do you guys think?? you think im ok eatin every 3 1/2? cuz mentally i hate it i feel like im losing all my muscle, thanks...

Legend
08-24-2009, 11:11 PM
You should have a meal containing "your" macros every 2.5-3 hours that you are awake.....doesn't matter if its 6 or 7 meals.

But if this is not possible, and you must go 3.5 hours between meals every once in a while, then its ok.

DAVIDHARDY
08-25-2009, 11:27 AM
If I'm up for longer than expected, I'll have a smaller meal. I'll eat like a can of tuna and a TBSP of PB rather than the whole thing. It might not be right, but it makes sense to me to do it this way rather than take in another whole meal. I'm usually only up for another hour or hour and a half though, so it's not a significant amount of time, IMO, to warrant another regular meal.