PDA

View Full Version : how do you treat yourself?

tammyp
02-22-2009, 06:02 AM
when im prepping its massage. i need it, but its mental as well for me.

it really doesnt have to be anything major for me. a good cup of coffee in the afternoon, a magazine. these days, since im trying to save money, the little things are it! when i have extra money..its ebay....bebe all the way!

and i love GOOD make up. sephora is a girls candy store.

musclegoddess65
02-22-2009, 08:27 AM
well not sure anyone else would consider it a 'treat' but I give myself permission to be a little messier.

Lets face when it prep time you can't focus on everything. Yet as women I think by nature we feel we have to be the mom, the cook, the caregiver, the grocery shopper, the laundry lady, the check balancer, the bill payor, etc... but contest prep comes and BAM something has got to go.... and I am pretty anal retentive about a clean house.... but I am learning to give myself permission to relax... so what there is a dish or two in the sink, so what laundry needs to be put away....

likewise a massage is a nice treat, or taking time to read a good book or magazine article, or relaxing in a nice warm tub, with your favorite crystal light beverage in a fancy wine glass, some candles and soothing music....aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

MartyMcFly
02-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I definitely understand the "a little messier" outlook. Like when I was in college, I would allow myself to be a litte messier during midterms and finals. I think its similar.

fitbody
03-01-2009, 08:26 AM
buy myself some flowers