PDA

View Full Version : Here's my meal plan. Any ideas?

Larry C
02-22-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm 21, 5'10'' and weighing in at around 168 pounds. I'm sick of being skinny so I've been trying to put together a decent mealplan. Here's what I've come up with. If you have any criticisms or ideas they'll be appreciated.

* I havn't got a kitchen scales but I'll get one this thursday so I can post the measurements of meats and veges then.

**I'm also getting some creatine powder this thursday so I think I'll mix it in with my morning shake and my post workout shake.

Meal 1-7.00 am: Protein shake ( 2 scoops ) 1 cup oats, banana, Multivitamin.
Meal 2-10.00 am: 7 whole eggs, 2 mandarins.
Meal 3-12.00 pm: 1 cup rice, 2 fillets of chicken.
Meal 4-4.00 pm: 1 cup rice, 2 fillets of chicken.
Meal 5-5.30 pm: Pre workout shake ( 1 scoop ).
Meal 6-6.30 pm: Post workout shake ( 2 scoops ).
Meal 7-7.00 pm: Potatoes, meat, veges.
Meal 8-10.00 pm: Handful of almonds, glass of milk, 1 cup oats

Should I eat the same amount when not training? I train from Monday to Friday and take the weekend off, the same question with supplements.

gman
02-22-2009, 08:09 AM
I am no expert, but if I were you, since you aren't doing a full blown Palumbo or other keto diet, I would eat a lot more green veggies. I think one of the chicken meals, or even the eggs, should be last as well so you go to bed with protein in your belly

David
02-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I would switch meals 2 and 8 so you don't have all those carbs before bed... the protein/fat combo from the eggs in meal 2 would also be good to have before you go to sleep.

Always eat the same amount on non-training days. Otherwise this should definitely get you growing.

Larry C
02-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks for replying guys, switching meals 2 and 8 sounds alright. I'm in college from 9 every Mon, Tues and Friday so I would have to make the porridge beforehand and bring it in a tupperware and have it cold. Is this what you guys do? I have to do the same with rice and chicken unless I can find a microwave in the college to reheat them.

MichaelWayne
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Tupperware bowls and a bag that keeps in heat are worth there weight in gold (well, if they weighed alot!) You won't eat it steaming hot, but it will still keep some heat in it. Nothing is worse then plain cold chicken and rice.
If you are trying to put on some more mass, you may want to have an extra shake WITH one of your meals. Getting those extra calories always works well for me and its the right food choice not to add fat. Just a thought.

Larry C
02-22-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm nearly used to the cold blandness of rice and chicken but I'll look around for those bags MW. Are they called cooler/ thermos bags? I think I know where I could get one. Adding an extra shake sounds like a good idea too, I'll try the mealplan this coming week and if I'm not too full and think I could add one in I'll definitely do it from the following week.

happyandfatty
03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Get some fish in there, make sure ur not taking the same kind of protien shake all the time. switch it up and switch the foods up and cheat twice a week by eatting lots of fats~~!!!

Larry C
03-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Get some fish in there, make sure ur not taking the same kind of protien shake all the time. switch it up and switch the foods up and cheat twice a week by eatting lots of fats~~!!!

Hey happy thanks for responding. I don't have enough money to buy fish weekly. I only get €150 a month with my grant so I have to work with it for now. Do you think I should have different meals on my off days? I'm pretty new to the whole eating for bodybuilding idea so I'm not too sure what you mean with the fats, do you mean the essential fatty acids because I'm looking around at how much oils like macadamia nut and evening primrose are and they can be pricey.

GrowthGifted
03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to remove protein after your workout... all meals after your workout should have protein

Larry C
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to remove protein after your workout... all meals after your workout should have protein

I've changed the order of the plan around a bit since. After my workout I have a protein shake with which I add a tablespoon of Pb, creatine and oats. After that I'll have a dinner which is a mixture of veges and meat, usually steak or lamb. My last meal of the day is now 7 boiled eggs before going to bed.

I'll post up the whole plan after this post.

Does this sound better?

Larry C
03-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Daily meal plan:

Meal 1- 7.00am: Protein shake ( 2 scoops ) + 2 teaspoons of ON CGT-10 (5g creatine, 3g glutamine, 2g taurine) 90 g of porridge, banana.

Meal 2- 10.00am: 90 g of porridge, 2 mandarins, handful of almonds.

Meal 3- 12.00pm: 90 g of rice, 2 fillets of chicken.

Meal 4- 4.00pm: 90 g of rice, 2 fillets of chicken.

Meal 5- 6.00pm: Pre workout shake ( 1 scoop )

Meal 6- 6.45pm: Post workout shake ( 2 scoops protein, 2 tablespoons of ON CGT-10, 30g of porridge and tablespoon of peanut butter )

Meal 7- 7.00pm: Dinner- this can change regulary but it is generally a mixture of vegetables like potatoes and cabbage or brocolli or sprouts as well as meats such as steak or lamb.

Meal 8- 10.00pm -> before bed: 7 whole eggs.