PDA

View Full Version : Training partners

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Do you prefer to take this journey completely on your own, or do you like to have someone along for the ride?

Valkyrie
02-22-2009, 09:26 AM
I train alone...but would love it if my buddy Gypsy could train with me.

Bacon Boy
02-22-2009, 10:38 AM
I perfer to train alone but my buddies do go to the gym at the same time sometimes, but since they workout, and I train, I sometimes can't concentrate the way I need to...

cheddar cheese
02-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I do both, having a spotter from time to time has been great.

Erin
02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't have a training partner. I prefer to go at it alone. The only person I like to have around is my ex, actually.

However, I would not do well without "Ondrea" to talk through things with regarding everything from dieting to the annoying drivers on the highway. She's def my go-to girl for mental and emotional support. Love ya, girl. ;)

BigJD69
02-22-2009, 04:17 PM
It depends sometimes I like to train alone, get done much quicker, other times if I am training heavy its good to have a partner to spot you!

Tiki
02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
I actually prefer having a partner because, motivating them keeps me motivated in return.
But unfortunately, I don't have a steady training partner at the moment. :(

Sledge
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I prefer to train alone. In an empty gym.

I like training with Erin and we have a good time but it kinda takes my concentration off the workout and I tend to lose focus a lot.

Sistersteel
02-22-2009, 07:36 PM
My husband I are training partners. We were training partners before we got married. I have made incredible gains since I have had someone to train with. Having a spotter is a must for me.
He is very dedicated and focused too. He pushes me when I need it.

Johnny Phenomenon
02-23-2009, 12:15 AM
When I am on cycle I prefer to train alone, but when I'm off I prefer to train with a woman. I find it an enjoyable way to shift from training balls to the wall, to a more strategic way of training, with a little bit of fun that I could not possibly enjoy with a male training partner.

GirlyMuscle
02-23-2009, 05:19 AM
I prefer to train alone. In an empty gym.

I like training with Erin and we have a good time but it kinda takes my concentration off the workout and I tend to lose focus a lot.
Well, stop looking at my arse!!

Sledge
02-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Well keep that puppy under control. It has a mind of it's own

tammyp
02-23-2009, 07:47 AM
i would love to have a really focused training partner. my hubby spots me when i need it but its not the same. I would love to hook up with lisa b, claire and sallyanne as a w/o partner. too far of a drive though.

Melissa
02-23-2009, 12:11 PM
When I'm offseason, I prefer to train with someone. As most people have already said, it's great when lifting heavy weights. However, during my prep, I prefer to be by myself....headphones on and just in my own head. Not to mention the fact that I'm a straight up b*tch on wheels when I'm prepping, so I'm not much fun to train with anyway.

I have a training partner that I've been with consistently for the past three years. He's not a bb though (he's actually a rower). But he understands that I make myself much more scarce during my contest prep, and then we reconnect when I'm fat and a little more pleasant. Offseason training is also fun with him because we can make fun of all weird stuff that people do when they're "training." ;)

**blondie**
02-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I love to train alone & prefer it. My boyfriend is always there if I need a spotter... that's about all I need.

Suzanne
02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Mostly i prefer alone. Loud music in my own world.

Chase will spot me on weekends when we train at the same time but we are often on different splits and he trains to much to the clock times his rests etc I go by feel. I also don't do same WO week after week in same order i get bored easily. He also trains in the evenings which i can't stand, i go about 1pm nice almost empty gym. Plus alot more energy at that time wehn dieting then end of the day

I love to go to okc and be put through a WO by Jeremy I ALWAYS suffer

dvsness
02-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I like to do my own thing.

carrie ann simmons
02-23-2009, 06:33 PM
partner or 2, but the right ones. Had the BEST guys back in Philly. Here in Cali, not so much luck.

fitbody
02-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Do you prefer to take this journey completely on your own, or do you like to have someone along for the ride?

I've been sincerely blessed :p
with some of the greatest training partners on the planet

A GREAT TRAINING PARTNER IS WORTH
THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD :)
AND HARDER TO FIND THAN SOMEONE TO MARRY !!!

the one that got me into this Iron World
was my first husband who was 20 yrs my senior
Powerlifting Legend Doug Young
3 x world record holder in the Bench Press and
3 x world champion powerlifter...
Doug was also my training partner
so i quickly learned the value of a
GREAT TRAINING PARTNER
and after him i was blessed to train with many
amazing men bodybuilders
including IFBB Pro Darren Toma,
Multi time Mr.Canada & Mr. Universe David Simpson
Jules Russell to name a few...

funning thing though in the last 5 yrs i've trained
with 3 girls that i trained for figure
and all these girls i trained to be Figure Champions !!!
but these girls are all very strong and train hard
no pussy chicks here
Karolina "The Great" Pawlak
Tiffany "The Terrific" Vik
Keashia "The Million Dollar Baby" Wester

Keashia is my current partner
I owe so much to all my training partners
I couldn't do what i'm presently doing without Keash:D

IRONURSE
02-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I prefer to train with my husband when we are not on a time crunch or it's not too crowded at the gym. It's great to have someone to push me when I need it and keep me in check.

Glenda Bozett
02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
I have always train alone, but wouldn't mind a partner .