PDA

View Full Version : help with supplementation

gman
08-26-2009, 10:58 AM
I thought a thread on supplements for masters might be in order. I am interested myself in a good list of "must have" supplements for someone on a fairly tight budget. Others may have no budget limits and may want a list that meets that criterion.

Anyway, I am thinking the following, fairly low cost supplements might be a start. Let me know if any are luxuries vs necessities

Fish oil
Creatine mono (I do not use, but am willing to try)
Whey of course
Preworkout intensity booster like Vasocharge or NO Explode?
Glutamine
Good Multivitamin.
Any others????

kurtday
08-27-2009, 07:01 PM
gman, i'm in the same boat after a 3yr layoff. Taking it serious after retiring from the marines (23 yrs). Hitting it hard now, on an unlim budget. Looking for the same to focus my supps for tightness and tone. Currently i sit at 46 Y/O, 200lb's i'm only 5' 4" so i look like a Bulldog. Too much gut for my taste but the abs are starting to bust through and the obliques are there already. Still strong as a 28 y/o marine with no injuries.

Here's the hit list and all master bbdrs feel free to chime in with the benefit behind your recommendation. Like i said, im serious and i'm looking to do a natty show mid 2010:

met-rx tribulus terrestris-
bcs labs e-bomb-
sci-fit ecty 300-
hpn cp-
hpn dhea 200-
mhp active multi v-
bricker big v triple-
superior amino 2222-
whey-

mono creatine makes me even bigger than what i am, but if i should be taking it while trying to get that v shape back, someone hit me back with some good info. Also, if i'm taking anything that will pop me in a natty contest let me know that too.

good luck to all competing soon and i'll be traveling to catch some of your events.

SpeedoGuido
08-28-2009, 01:01 AM
I keep it pretty simple. I eat pretty clean & healthy and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get 6 meals a day.... just about every day, so I rarely supplement with Whey.

So for me it's:
EFA's
Creatine
Multivitamin

joedemarco
08-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I keep it pretty simple. I eat pretty clean & healthy and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get 6 meals a day.... just about every day, so I rarely supplement with Whey.

So for me it's:
EFA's
Creatine
Multivitamin

I try to keep it down to the basics also. I don't go crazy with supplements. I try to get most of my nutrition through my multiple meals. However, with that being said, I still utilize multivitamins, omega 3 & 6 oils, waxymaize and whey. Oh, and lots of black coffee....is that a supplement? lol

gman
08-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Black coffee is THE supplement above all others! lol

Keeping it simple sounds like the way to go...for once, saving money makes sense.

SpeedoGuido
08-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh, I forgot about the black coffee!

I have a nice big cup, pre-workout.

kurtday
08-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Good enuff, Black coffee was a stple when I was at my best. I'll put it back on the menu.

miamibodybuilder
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
i would definitely recommend a great test booster. i'm currently taking a product called TEST CHARGE from AAEFX. it's truly a phenomenal product, i've been using it for a couple months now and i love it man. i'm a natural bodybuilder so it's definitely a product that has given me an edge since i added it to my arsenal. look it up and give it a try, you wont be disappointed.