PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers?

MrStick
08-26-2009, 01:22 PM
My wife just started Weight Watchers. She wants to drop 15-20lbs. I just wanted anyones opinion on their system. It works on points. What I don't understand is I was looking at their point system and 1 cup of boiled potatos (nothing added) is 2 points and a regular Coke is 2 points. Some of the points that are given to foods and drinks just do not make any sense to me.

will-work4andro
08-26-2009, 01:36 PM
i believe there are positives and negatives to the diet...but one major positive is it gets people recognizing what they're eating and focuses on portion control...in my opinion...if your wife will stick with it, then i think it's even better.

STACEYK
08-26-2009, 02:03 PM
WW is def a good program for some and works. It help to also teach people how to eat out in the "real world" not just off of their menue's.

anabolic fyre
08-26-2009, 04:09 PM
its good for people just starting out, you'll deff drop some weight on it, but the problem with it is since you can eat watever u want as long as u stay within ur points, you will prob plateu eventually, and you can lose alot of muscle on this program. Let say you get 30 points a day, and you decide to eat mostly shitty carb sources and fats no protein really but still stay within ur points you'll prob drop mostly muscle, but its a good start.

MrStick
08-29-2009, 03:18 PM
I can see the good in points, that way people (my wife) can see a limit it what they eat. Some of the system in points just makes no sense to me. A lot of the foods are crap. Anywho hopefully the wife likes it.

CallofDuty4
08-30-2009, 12:12 AM
thats all that matters if the wife likes it then your on easy street...

Godzilla
10-04-2009, 08:23 PM
My wife just started Weight Watchers. She wants to drop 15-20lbs. I just wanted anyones opinion on their system. It works on points. What I don't understand is I was looking at their point system and 1 cup of boiled potatos (nothing added) is 2 points and a regular Coke is 2 points. Some of the points that are given to foods and drinks just do not make any sense to me.

That is the whole point of WW. No pun intended. It is all about being able to eat what you want and still lose weight. They do have a daily checklist of the recommended healthy foods you should incorporate in to the diet. By not restricting any food groups people can stick to it without feeling deprived. Just hungry. lol

And one point is equal to about 50 calories. For example, 2 tablespoons of bar bq sauce is one point. But one whole egg is 2 points.

Later

blu2xtreme
10-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Agree with all the points stated. I lost 100 lbs on ww - which I am grateful for ...but I over did cardio so I would make the weight every week and I always ate the minimum points - and never enough protein. I was thin but not very fit.
I have made amazing changes to my body in the last year by eating like a bb and lifting heavy - so I appreciate what ww has to offer the normal person ...I just wanted more.