PDA

View Full Version : Hair Removal

kungfuprincess007
08-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and looking at competing next year in figure.

Before you go on stage do you need to get rid of all of your body hair? If so what methods do you use and what is the best method to use?

Thanks!

Ninja Loco
08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Hmm..... with that username Im surprised GX isnt all over this particular welcome, heh heh.

Sorry princess, GX is our resident....... he's our.......well he....... He could make Spiderman look like he just learned to walk, lol. And he's more Shaolin than most monks actually living in the temple. Me, Im more Bushido and are therefore, enemies. He and I have a cage fight to the death or whoever gets thirsty first planned in the near future. You should come check it out :). Anyways, you'll like him, he's a moderator and my homie :)

Anyways.

-Shave all that is visible.

-Easiest method is shaving with a razor.

- Second is that spray on stuff like Neet

- Ultimate is laser removal.

Best method is Laser, period. But really the "best" is what you're most comfortable with. I myself shave everything with a razor, but then again it's not that big an issue to me and Im not that hairy to begin with.

BLUEBARON75
08-28-2009, 11:42 PM
for your figure show, you shouldnt need much of that. just use a razor. its harder for us guys because we have way more hair lol

JAM
08-29-2009, 01:09 AM
I kid you not, this is a true account and I'm not sure why it happened or if it could be reproduced.
Way back when I was in middle school some kids where ya know, being kids and they got some duct tape and decided to put it on their eyebrows for reasons only god knows why. They eventually got bored with that and one kid slowly, and painfully, began to pull the duct tape off his eyebrows, grimacing the entire time. In suit, the next followed. He had about half of the tape pulled off of one eyebrow when his friend, stricken with genius, decided that just like a band aid, it would be best to get it over with quick. So without hesitation, or warning, he said 'dude I got it' and reached over to his unsuspecting friend and quickly yanked off the tape. Instantly the scream of a banshee could be heard by everyone and on the piece of duct tape was the kids entire eyebrow. I'm not shitting you, its been a good 12 years or so and his eyebrow has not grown back.

So I guess what I'm saying is....possible duct tape(It really does fix almost everything)...and probably some Vicodin.

Sledge
08-29-2009, 06:49 PM
So I guess what I'm saying is....possible duct tape(It really does fix almost everything)...and probably some Vicodin.

My motto has always been. If it can't be fixed with duct tape or superglue, then it can't be fixed.

big_duuude
08-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi 'FU' welcome to the forum :heythere:
Look around, the female competitors usually upload a picture into their avatar as you need self promotion in this business. The picture can be pre or post hair removal. LoL

I think NAIR is supposed to be better than Neet ?
They also do Nair for Men so if you think the hair is coarser or thicker then that would be the way to go.
Or you could always go 'redneck style' and use Duct tape as Jam & Sledge said. :allgood:

Dan_Manslaughter
08-30-2009, 10:14 PM
'Veet' works well but seems to give me some nasty ingrown hairs and red bumps about 3 weeks later; maybe you won't have that problem. I might try waxing sometime soon

"Rodz"
08-30-2009, 10:25 PM
My motto has always been. If it can't be fixed with duct tape or superglue, then it can't be fixed.

truth!

kungfuprincess007
08-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I actually am getting laser hair removal done on my underarms. It's been past eight treatments and the hair is still their. I'm getting this done at American Laser. Also, every time I go in (same place) they have a different person working there...

So it's not really working (with them) anyways. Maybe another company would be better to go to for laser hair removal.

If it's not working with them then I'm not paying for anything else to get done. At least with them.

Ninja Loco
08-31-2009, 11:29 AM

If it's not working with them then I'm not paying for anything else to get done. At least with them.
Damright!!! Tell them whats going too, maybe they will rectofy the situation instead of losing a customer.

GirlyMuscle
08-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Laser does take repeated sessions though I don't know how many.

For your comp, just shave. It's easiest.

Mattcc22
09-01-2009, 03:09 PM
After 8 treatments, you should have very little hair left, if any. My wife does laser hair removal. I've only done 4 treatments so far and have very little regrowth. What does grow back is very fine or not dark enough for the laser to kill. I would find somebody else if you wish to proceed. Total treatments should only be about 6-8.

Fluid Karma
09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
After 8 treatments, you should have very little hair left, if any. My wife does laser hair removal. I've only done 4 treatments so far and have very little regrowth. What does grow back is very fine or not dark enough for the laser to kill. I would find somebody else if you wish to proceed. Total treatments should only be about 6-8.

Yep he's right! Find someone else!

kungfuprincess007
09-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree. I'm only continuing the treatment because they have a 2 year guarantee. So I don't have to pay for the continued treatment.

But I will definitly use someone else next time.

Thanks for all the great advice! I'm so glad I found this place!

tight booty
09-01-2009, 08:43 PM
There's IPL and then there's Laser. Make sure that it's Laser and not IPL. I had 12 treatments with IPL under my arms and I still had some hair. So I went to another clinic and got the laser and saw a huge difference. I have had 2 Laser treatments done and the hair is finally all gone. Laser goes directly to the shaft of the hair and kills it, where as IPL light breaks up so some light might not even reach the hair shaft. Laser is more painful I think and it leaves your skin red and spotty (for about 4 days), where as IPL doesn't do a dam thing and looks as though you haven't had any treatment. But Laser is more superior and definitely the way to go. You can shave the hair inbetween laser treatments. Do not wax it or use those creams if you are getting laser.

s2h
09-01-2009, 10:07 PM
shave with a razor all that is visible and then exfoliate(you can by it at walgreens)so you can get all the loose skin a crap off of you!!

tight booty
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
shave with a razor all that is visible and then exfoliate(you can by it at walgreens)so you can get all the loose skin a crap off of you!!
I think you mean "dead skin cells"....:hypno:
Well I hope you mean that....:p

nycdude
11-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I actually am getting laser hair removal done on my underarms. It's been past eight treatments and the hair is still their. I'm getting this done at American Laser. Also, every time I go in (same place) they have a different person working there...

I had a bad experience like this several years ago with a different laser place. I had very little hair on my back (we're talking a few random growths) but I wanted it gone anyways. Went to get laser. 6 treatments later and still getting hair. Stopped going. Now I get more hair on my back then before. Totally lame.