PDA

View Full Version : To Growth, or not to Growth? That is the question!

Pro2010
08-28-2009, 08:29 PM
Im 7 weeks out of show and my trainer has suggested 1-2 i.u. of growth... what is your take on growth? Success and downfalls? Thanks for all of your advice!

SallyAnne
08-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I think 1 iu is a good dose for a woman. However, you are so close to your show that I think adding growth at this time wouldn't do a whole lot for you. It take a couple of months to really see the effects of growth.

What it would be beneficial for is helping you keep your weight down off season.

lilfella
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
i noticed localized fat loss within the first month of use. But maybe that was just the placebo effect. Just my .02

sassy69
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Also a note that sometimes there is a water retention effect which could work against you at show time.

RitaK
09-06-2009, 11:21 PM
It's made a world of difference for me (overall sense of vitality & wellbeing, body comp, appearance). But then again, I was also GH deficient as a youth; was on the old toxic cadaver-derived stuff for a year when I was 13 (until the toxic effect overpowered the benefits); and I'm in my 50's now so my need for it is greater than most. But it helps me both off season and competition prep.

But Sassy's right! It does tend to make you hold water so must be discontinued at least (!) 10 days prior to event.

And ditto SallyAnn - The stuff's way too expensive and has enough potential side effects to not use properly and optimally and well informed.

Pro2010
09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice. I believe we are going to start this week and cut two weeks out from show. Ill keep everyone posted :)

fitbody
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Im 7 weeks out of show and my trainer has suggested 1-2 i.u. of growth... what is your take on growth? Success and downfalls? Thanks for all of your advice!

I think 1 iu is a good dose for a woman. However, you are so close to your show that I think adding growth at this time wouldn't do a whole lot for you. It take a couple of months to really see the effects of growth.What it would be beneficial for is helping you keep your weight down off season.

i totally agree with you sallyanne
i was astonished at how slow the effects were on GH
i expected them to be alot faster
they're very sutle

sassy69
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
i totally agree with you sallyanne
i was astonished at how slow the effects were on GH
i expected them to be alot faster
they're very sutle

Most people expect macro-level changes immediately, though you're still bound by how fast your body reacts to levels that you are artificially supplementing, and then considering all the levels at which those changes are made - can be anywhere from an increase in sense of well-being, to more supple skin, etc. to this "the fat just dropped off" thing that everyone always talks about (which I think is where the misconceptions start arising...)

fitbody
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Most people expect macro-level changes immediately, though you're still bound by how fast your body reacts to levels that you are artificially supplementing, and then considering all the levels at which those changes are made - can be anywhere from an increase in sense of well-being, to more supple skin, etc. to this "the fat just dropped off" thing that everyone always talks about (which I think is where the misconceptions start arising...)

what was amazing to me was how fuckin tired i was for months !
i bet it was at least 4 months before i can out the other side of that
i was sleeping 12 - 14 hrs a night and could of slept more if i could have
Dave said to me
its like when you are a baby...
when you are sleeping you are growing
even when i was awake i was tired
now regularly i'm a person who sleeps 8 - 10 hrs
12 if i can get it and time allows
but after that was over i definately had more energy

i went thru a time there where my hands were going to sleep when i was sleepin
i had to stop taking for a little while to stop it

sassy69
11-12-2009, 05:20 PM
what was amazing to me was how fuckin tired i was for months !
i bet it was at least 4 months before i can out the other side of that
i was sleeping 12 - 14 hrs a night and could of slept more if i could have
Dave said to me
its like when you are a baby...
when you are sleeping you are growing
even when i was awake i was tired
now regularly i'm a person who sleeps 8 - 10 hrs
12 if i can get it and time allows
but after that was over i definately had more energy

i went thru a time there where my hands were going to sleep when i was sleepin
i had to stop taking for a little while to stop it

How much were you using?

s2h
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
7 weeks out dont waste your money,UNLESS your gettn really good growth ie:Pfizer or quality US pharm grade,I've taken about every kinda HGH you can think of and true Pfizer Jen i got very quick results w/in weeks,so if your getttn blue,yellow,red or whatever off brand than dont waste your money right now.I'm on kfei from china but it took 3 months to really start seeeing the effects,just do a extra hour of cardio and save the $$$$$$$$ good luck!!

fitbody
11-13-2009, 12:41 AM
How much were you using?

1 IU a day for first 4 months
then upped it to 2 IU for 7 months

sassy69
11-13-2009, 02:45 AM
1 IU a day for first 4 months
then upped it to 2 IU for 7 months

Its interesting to hear how different doses affect different people. The sides you mention are what it seems like I hear from guys running 10 iu /day.

Lee Penman
11-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Currently testing it out for injury recovery and general well-being. My issue is the joint pain that seems to slowly attack every joint with it.