PDA

View Full Version : Rey Mysterio suspended!

~gymdiva~
08-29-2009, 12:03 AM
um, wow:

by Bill Behrens
Aug 27, 2009

wwe.com/inside/news/869043

wwe.com is reporting that Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio, Jr) has been suspended for

30 days for a welness violation beginning Wednesday, September 2.

(credit: wrestlezone)

~gymdiva~
08-29-2009, 12:04 AM
by Matt Boone
Aug 27, 2009

As Bill Behrens confirmed earlier today, WWE Intercontinental champion Rey Mysterio has been suspended for 30 days due to a Wellness Policy violation.

According to F4WOnline.com, the suspension for Mysterio will begin on Wednesday, likely so he can work the SmackDown! tapings on Tuesday so that WWE can get the Intercontinental championship off him.

I have not read yet what it may be for...so we'll have to wait and see as this develops...so I'm guessing new champ Dolph Ziggler?

~gymdiva~
08-29-2009, 12:05 AM
small blurb from JR:

by Chris Cash
Aug 28, 2009

We reported yesterday that current WWE Intercontinental Champion, Rey Mysterio, has been suspended for violating the Wellness Policy. Smackdown
announcer and WWE Hall of Famer, Jim Ross, posted the following regarding Rey in his latest blog:

"I was hugely disappointed to hear of Rey Mysterio being suspended for violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. That's a real head scratcher but it will open the door for some young lions to take their game and the perception that goes with it to the next level including Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison just to name a couple."

~gymdiva~
08-29-2009, 12:08 AM
one more mention:

by Matt Boone
Aug 28, 2009

--For whatever reason, WWE.com added a preview for Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental title at the Breaking Point PPV. This comes the day after the same website revealed Mysterio was suspended for a Wellness Policy violation. Mysterio's suspension begins next Wednesday, allowing WWE time to get the I-C belt off of him at the Tuesday SmackDown! tapings. An interesting note is, apparently the Mysterio-Ziggler match will be announced on SmackDown! this week, unless WWE somehow edits it off in time, which will be hard as Wednesday is usually the final day for re-tapes for commentary.

TPT
08-29-2009, 12:34 PM
you think painkillers?

Ninja Loco
08-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Well come on now...... Rey is shorter than I am and he weighs what? 190 or so? That aint creatine, brutha.

But even so.... thats merely assumption and speculation. Do we even know what all the "wellness" policy covers? That is such a vague name. Heh heh.... good goin, Vince ;)

~gymdiva~
08-29-2009, 01:43 PM
it covers aas, yes, but also narcotics/recreational...if he didn't have a rx for something (which it sounds like he didn't if it was something even prescribable) then well, we won't be seeing him for a hot minute...

~gymdiva~
08-29-2009, 01:44 PM
and I think I made a word up in that post :D

HammerStrength12
08-29-2009, 04:11 PM
He's 5'6 175. That's really not THAT big. Definitely attainable naturally...

BigJD69
08-29-2009, 08:17 PM
His physique doesn't look as good as it used to look a few years back. It's prob. Rec Drugs.

~gymdiva~
08-30-2009, 01:54 AM
by Nick Paglino
Aug 29, 2009

Rey Mysterio recently spoke with The Record Newspaper in Mexico and commented on his WWE suspension. During the interview Mysterio said that he failed the test because of a drug he's taking for his knee and arm, and furthered his comments by saying that he had a prescription for the medication. However, because he had to fly to The UK for SummerSlam promotion, and because he was on vacation for a small period of time, he was unable to show WWE the valid prescription by the deadline they gave him and was suspended as a result.

so I guess there really in a no tolerance policy...

Ninja Loco
08-30-2009, 02:06 AM
He's 5'6 175. That's really not THAT big. Definitely attainable naturally...
He was weighing 185-190 for the longest time. Im weighing about 175 with the same bodyfat and Im nowhere near as big as he is. I know my Rey, bro, followed him for years and years. His usual weight is what I said.
Also with all that in ring cardio he cant keep that up naturaly. Batista couldnt and even Triple H had problems. He lost a lof of size after he came back from that first quad tear.

Anyways Sharon. So it's AAS then? Doesnt really surprise me. I still would like to know what all that wellness policy covers and what the loopholes are for something being well and not well. Knowing Vince Im sure there's a ton of them.

TPT
08-30-2009, 11:17 AM
His physique doesn't look as good as it used to look a few years back. It's prob. Rec Drugs.

his physique definately has changed a lot. but, i guess many are same once they have a history with anabolics.

~gymdiva~
08-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Anyways Sharon. So it's AAS then? Doesnt really surprise me. I still would like to know what all that wellness policy covers and what the loopholes are for something being well and not well. Knowing Vince Im sure there's a ton of them.

he doesn't say in that interview...could have even been a pain killer...we won't know unless one side publicly says...or someone snitches ;)

Ninja Loco
08-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Still bullshit in my opinion.

But with WWE you just never know. I mean, Vince could have had the bright idea to just make a work out of Rey's time off and give the wellness policy yet another bit of spotlight. Get my drift?

~gymdiva~
08-31-2009, 08:47 AM
I think had Rey lost the title last sunday that might make a little more sense...a scramble to now have him drop the title seems like a waste if that were the case...

~gymdiva~
08-31-2009, 08:50 AM
and well, he didn't help himself with this:

by Nick Paglino
Aug 30, 2009

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is very upset with Rey Mysterio for commenting on his suspension in a recent interview he did with Record.com. In the interview, which we reported yesterday, Rey said that he felt WWE handled his suspension poorly, and that he was unjustly suspended for taking medication that he had a prescription for.

It's being said that company policy is generally to keep quiet while you are suspended, and Rey speaking out about his situation coupled with the harsh comments he made about WWE has several officials very upset with Mysterio at this time.

As we reported before, Rey is scheduled to work the Smackdown tapings this Tuesday and then begin his suspension on Wednesday.

Ninja Loco
08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Ok now I smell a rat.........

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok now I smell a rat.........

Agreed. Evil is afoot.

Ninja Loco
08-31-2009, 01:14 PM
You just cant tell 100% with WWE whether it's a work or not. Or even a publicity opportunity taken on the tails of a personal happening. Rey has been with them long enough to know that if silence were truly company policy about the wellness thing he shouldnt have said anything, and this was not hust a slip of the tongue. Feel me?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
You just cant tell 100% with WWE whether it's a work or not. Or even a publicity opportunity taken on the tails of a personal happening. Rey has been with them long enough to know that if silence were truly company policy about the wellness thing he shouldnt have said anything, and this was not hust a slip of the tongue. Feel me?

Perhaps. You would know better than I. But something does not really sound right about how this is being handled, and I am not getting that "worked" feeling. I have not kept up as I should have, but anytime this wellness policy is mentioned, it is never in regards to one of the top tier guys. Hardy was the exception.

~gymdiva~
09-01-2009, 12:09 AM
and more updates just for ninja ;) :ninjaloco:

by Matt Boone
Aug 31, 2009

Credit: PWInsider.com

As we have been covering all weekend, Rey Mysterio is in hot water with WWE management for an interview he did with The Record in Mexico. In the interview, Mysterio claims he had a prescription for the painkiller he took that violated the Wellness Policy.

The feeling amongst some in WWE was that the company is almost being forced to further punish Mysterio, otherwise they risk the possibility of others following suit in future incidents.

According to sources, Mysterio did the interview to build sympathy for himself in the Mexican market in the event that this incident leads to his WWE departure, since Mexico would be his highest paying destination if WWE were no longer an option.

It's interesting to note that Mysterio did in fact work this past weekend's house shows, despite being pulled from the cards originally.

Mysterio has apparently told wrestlers and friends within WWE that he does have a legit prescription for the painkiller and that the company didn't give him proper notice to produce it. According to sources, Mysterio hopes WWE will reconsider his suspension once he gets the chance to finally speak to them in person at the tapings on Tuesday.

Ninja Loco
09-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Ah sweetie you're too good to me.....

So he's working the house shows........ well that adds a new element. Now my question is is he forcing a comeback just to stay active ala Kurt Angle or did he legitemately get suspended to begin with.

See what I mean? Good ole Vince. :)

<~~StrengthByGod~~>
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Well come on now...... Rey is shorter than I am and he weighs what? 190 or so? That aint creatine, brutha.

Yep. Rey Rey has been using steroids for years now.

~gymdiva~
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
oh ninja, you won't like this one :no:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 01, 2009

Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net is reporting that Vince McMahon is very upset with Rey Mysterio over comments he made in a recent interview with Mexico's Record.com. McMahon reportedly had a teleconference meeting with Stephanie McMahon and WWE head writers last night and explained to them that he was not only upset with Rey for making the comments, but that he might want to send a bold message to other talents in the company by writing Rey off TV tonight in dramatic fashion. A source was quoted as saying, "right now it's looking like either a quick smash up or a more humiliating exit."

~gymdiva~
09-02-2009, 12:07 PM
and for those who can't wait until friday to see smackdown, here's what happened:

by Matt Boone
Sep 01, 2009

SmackDown Spoilers - September 4, 2009Thanks to Paul Belfi for sending along SmackDown! spoiler updates:

- John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Championship is up next.

- John Morrison b. Rey Mysterio to become the new Intercontinental Champion
- Great back and forth match that lasted about 20 minutes. It was described to me as pay-per-view quality.

by Nick Paglino
Sep 01, 2009

In case you haven't been following our live WWE Smackdown coverage, it was reported that Rey Mysterio just lost a title match against John Morrison, who is now the new Intercontinental Champion.

Mysterio will begin his 30 day WWE suspension tomorrow, and it is believed at this point that the IC Title match at WWE Breaking Point will now be John Morrison vs Dolph Ziggler.

~gymdiva~
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
so I guess that squash thing didn't really pan out too much...

~gymdiva~
09-02-2009, 10:58 PM
well, then there's this...

by Nick Paglino
Sep 02, 2009

As opposed to burying the story somwhere in the "WWE News" section of WWE.com, WWE has decided to run the story of Rey Mysterio's 30 day suspension as a top story on the website. Generally, WWE prefers to keep Wellness Policy violations as hidden as possible on the website so as not to draw attention to the violation, but in this case, and it would seem as a way of further punishing Mysterio due to him condemning his suspension in an interview, WWE has decided to publicize the situation more openly.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
This just gets worse and worse.

~gymdiva~
09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
actually to me, it gets stranger...makes you wonder if this would have been any other suspension had he not spoken to the mexican reporter...

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Probably so. This does seem to be generating more attention than any of the others. I would like to know what caused Rey's slip of the tongue.

Mark
09-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Do you know how many "strikes" that is for Rey?

~gymdiva~
09-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I think that's his first...I don't remember seeing him on any past lists...

jdl80
09-03-2009, 04:12 PM
I could be wrong but I believe Rey was named in the Signature Pharmacy scandal a 1-2 ago, along with Edge, Chavo, Orton to name a few.

~gymdiva~
09-03-2009, 04:14 PM
he may have been...but I'm not sure how many of those garnered strikes...some were able to produce scripts and were given a pass...so who knows...

~gymdiva~
09-03-2009, 11:51 PM
by Matt Boone
Sep 03, 2009

--WWE.com has removed the Rey Mysterio suspension story from the main page. The story is still featured on the "WWE News" section. Also, it appears WWE.com has removed the "Industry News" section finally.

TPT
09-05-2009, 01:39 PM
morrison and mysterio had a pretty good match this past smackdown before he left for vacation. morrison is your new ic belt. now lets see he can draw some damn interest.

~gymdiva~
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 05, 2009

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that in total, Rey Mysterio's current WWE suspension is going to cost him about $100,000. Mysterio will be missing four weeks of house show events and most likely 2 PPV events as WWE would have little to no time at all to build any kind of story line for him if they were going to book him to wrestle at their "Hell in a Cell" PPV.

As is the case with all Wellness Policy violations, Rey Mysterio is not collecting his downside guarantee during his suspension and is not collecting merchandise revenue which is always very high for Rey as he is one of the company's best sellers. It's being reported that Rey makes somewhere in the area of $1.5 million dollars a year working for WWE.

~gymdiva~
09-22-2009, 11:28 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 22, 2009

Source: PWInsider.com

Right now, the current plan is to have Rey Mysterio return to WWE at the Smackdown taping on 10/6 in Trenton, NJ.