PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tan

FloridaMuscle
08-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Anyone have opinions on the pro tan brush-on method versus the actual applicator product they provide? I've used the brush but not the applicator. Thanks!

RealLilSwole
08-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Personally I will never use Pro tan again. NO matter how many coats you seem to put on, you never get dark enough. Try this company.......www.liquidsunrayz.com

Two to three coats and you are done.

FloridaMuscle
08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks. I normally use Dream Tan (the org I compete in allows it). And the best color I ever got was 2 coats PT night before the show and 1 light coat DT back stage. People complain about DT but if applied correctly I find it works well (on me anyway). But I'm open minded and will take a look at the link. Thanks!

esplendido
08-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I have tried them all. I can say, without question, that Jan Tana is the best on the market. She now has a single application product that rocks, too.

Jude2
08-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I am very fair shin and the protan works fine for me. You need to take your time and allow drying between coates.

FloridaMuscle
08-29-2009, 01:42 PM
I have tried them all. I can say, without question, that Jan Tana is the best on the market. She now has a single application product that rocks, too.

Thanks unfortunately it made my skin get a rash under the arm pits and it made me a little too orange. I used it a few times and even with a profesional spray of it once.

FloridaMuscle
08-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I am very fair shin and the protan works fine for me. You need to take your time and allow drying between coates.

Yo Jude! It's Raphael. Remember me from the NY shows?

ricker35910
08-29-2009, 02:24 PM
protan works great for me, dont use the foam brush go and get a wax applicator ( the round pad you use to wax your car). pour the protan in a bowl and dip the pad in. you can get 4 good coats this way...

FloridaMuscle
08-29-2009, 04:05 PM
protan works great for me, dont use the foam brush go and get a wax applicator ( the round pad you use to wax your car). pour the protan in a bowl and dip the pad in. you can get 4 good coats this way...

Excellent tip, thanks!

LuckyDog
08-29-2009, 06:34 PM

Raph - I like to use those Jan Tana puffs which are probably really similar to the wax applicators - works great I do exactly the above. I'm doing the PT for a billion coats DT route in Sac for sure

FloridaMuscle
08-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Raph - I like to use those Jan Tana puffs which are probably really similar to the wax applicators - works great I do exactly the above. I'm doing the PT for a billion coats DT route in Sac for sure

Thanks, Dog. Cool - very good. I'm going with the best color I ever had. 2 coats PT day before and then DT back stage thin coat rubbed in and slap method.

Jude2
08-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Yo Jude! It's Raphael. Remember me from the NY shows?
Natural Mania Nationals or Team U? What class were you in?

FloridaMuscle
08-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Natural Mania Nationals or Team U? What class were you in?

Naturalmania - Bantam. Your class.

bigleemurali
08-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Pro tan really worked great for my base color.

I will never miss my pro tan coats for a good base color. But dream tan on pro tan gives that wonderful color.

FloridaMuscle
08-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks, biglee. Much appreciated.

Jude2
08-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Naturalmania - Bantam. Your class.
Whats up Raphael? That was awhile back. What show are you doing next?

juggernaut
08-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I have tried them all. I can say, without question, that Jan Tana is the best on the market. She now has a single application product that rocks, too.the tanner was by far the best color, but tacky as hell and came off easily when rubbing near the legs. 1 final coat of Protan on top of the JT yielded a better, tougher coat that didnt fall off. The sheen from the posing oil is top notch and doesnt gloss over.

juggernaut
08-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Also, I had to apply dreamtan to competitor yesterday. that is the shittiest product I've ever used. It feels like play dough. You gotta slap it on for best results. Fuck that.

I'd like to see Palumbo come out with something.

FloridaMuscle
08-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Whats up Raphael? That was awhile back. What show are you doing next?

Hi Jude, I'm doing the WNBF Pro Natural U.S Cup in Sacramento in Sept how about you? I bet doing Team U must have been a blast.

Jude2
08-30-2009, 07:25 PM
The Team U is a great show to do. I did it is 2004 got 5th. What place did you get at the Naturalmania nationals in 2003? Where did you get your pro card from? Good luck with you show. Let us know how you do.

FloridaMuscle
08-30-2009, 10:21 PM
The Team U is a great show to do. I did it is 2004 got 5th. What place did you get at the Naturalmania nationals in 2003? Where did you get your pro card from? Good luck with you show. Let us know how you do.

I got 2nd in 2003 and then won my pro card in 2005 at the same show.

FloridaMuscle
09-06-2009, 07:34 PM

Esplendido did you try the Ulta 1 JT product you refer to? Or have you seen it on others? 1 application and it gets dark enough?

Valikie22
09-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Esplendido did you try the Ulta 1 JT product you refer to? Or have you seen it on others? 1 application and it gets dark enough?
Out of the many posts, this one attract my attention. I believe it is possible for anyone to participate. :flowers:
property asset project | document internet management software (http://internetmanagementsoftware.org)Utilizing your internet resources effectively through internet management software. property asset project | document internet management software (http://internetmanagementsoftware.org)

esplendido
09-09-2009, 09:35 PM

I haven't tried it yet because Jan came out with it right after my last show. But knowing her, it's got to be supreme.

Quadsweep
09-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Personally I will never use Pro tan again. NO matter how many coats you seem to put on, you never get dark enough. Try this company.......www.liquidsunrayz.com (http://www.liquidsunrayz.com)

Two to three coats and you are done. I agree!

MsGuns
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
What about the MAC Product that people put on their face instead of Tan? Whats the name?

sassy69
09-13-2009, 04:47 PM
What about the MAC Product that people put on their face instead of Tan? Whats the name?

I believe you want the MAC foundation called NW45. There's a lighter one that is NC45 - you don't want that one - take the darker of the two - it matches Protan beautifully.

TammyP confirmed its NW45!