PDA

View Full Version : So today for the first time..

HammerStrength12
08-29-2009, 04:34 PM
My wrists didn't hurt me after heavy sets of front squats! At all! Normally I'm literally in agony for at least a week after my workout, so this is really a pretty big milestone for my training. Lately I've been trying to really stretch the wrists out before and after, so I think it's finally starting to pay off. Felt like I had to post this cuz it's the one issue that's really been holding back my training for the past few months. Now I feel like I can really attack cleans/front squats with full force and hope for some big PRs to come.

BrotherIron
08-29-2009, 04:39 PM
People with big arms will generally have this problem. I have to stretch my wrists everyday to keep them flexible. Hand placement could also cause discomfort in the wrists.

Good to hear your wrists are better bud.

HammerStrength12
08-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks man. I wouldn't say my arms are that big, but I've been doing DC for the past month now and every time I go to front squat, my bis are really pumped from that curls since biceps and legs are trained on the same day. So that definitely makes the power clean grip a pain.

BrotherIron
08-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks man. I wouldn't say my arms are that big, but I've been doing DC for the past month now and every time I go to front squat, my bis are really pumped from that curls since biceps and legs are trained on the same day. So that definitely makes the power clean grip a pain.

Yeah that would def make it difficult. You may want to hit biceps after. I do that when I hit my shoulder/bi day just ensure I can clean and not suffer from a pumped up bicep.