PDA

View Full Version : boxing vs mma

kratos47
09-01-2009, 04:45 AM
im sure this is a repost. but i dont care haha. WHICH DO YOU PERFER AND WHY?? i personally like boxing better. i really enjoy watching the sweet science of it. plus i feel that they have to be in much better shape and some really become a master of there sport.15 rounds to 5 is a big difference.even though the ufc rounds are 5 mins. boxers can go for 45 mins. thats just nuts. dont get me wrong i love ufc also but i just perfer boxing. maybe its cause i box myself haha:dunno:

Ninja Loco
09-01-2009, 04:55 AM
MMA. It's more complete. Period.

Oh sweet jesus I KNOW you're not comparing an MMA fight where the fighter uses his entire body AGAINST another fighter doing the same versus a boxing match as to which athlete is conditioned better.

-Z-
09-01-2009, 07:33 AM
MMA. It's more complete. Period.

Agreed

HammerStrength12
09-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Today, I have to say MMA just because there really aren't that many good boxing matches out there any more.

As for which sport I like better, it's boxing no doubt. Classier, more athleticism required (imo), more speed required, no scruffy white dudes wearing satantic t-shirts,etc... UFC can't even touch the quality of the matches back in the day.

Boxing will rise again!

Plates
09-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Boxing is becoming a dead sport imo. Boxing has a tiny mexican carrying it at the moment. It is very boring to me. 2 dudes stand there and punch each other in the stomach and head until 1 falls. Fun times.............

MMA requires a broader range of skills in that there are several disciplines to factor. I do agree with AT1241 in regards to the scruffy white dudes etc. But there is a beauty to the sport when you watch a striker like Anderson Silva fight.

chitownmscle
09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
MMA....it utilizes boxing as well as other fighting.self defense skills.

nomak666
09-03-2009, 11:23 PM
People have to realize, boxing doesnt suck, but mma will eventually be bigger then boxing. think of boxing as a plain pizza. mma is a pizza with all the toppings. get it? its a better version of boxing.

kratos47
09-04-2009, 05:52 AM
i wouldnt go as far to say its a better sport. its more diverse. but boxing to me is more of an art. there are some great fighters in mma but its just different to me. i respect both sports but i just enjoy boxing more. i think its safe to say that alot of mma guys wouldnt do well in pure boxing. some could do well but i havent seen anyone like an ali or tyson. but it goes both ways. boxers couldnt do well in mma unless they learned the different aspects of it. there are top guys in both sports. but im just in love with the sweet science

VurDerLak
09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
MMA is better, more exciting, more skill, nuff said.

Not to mention that a top level boxer could get his ass whooped by any amateur MMA fighter.

Plates
09-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Not to mention that a top level boxer could get his ass whooped by any amateur MMA fighter.

Umm.........pay attention friend......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXeIzVIpN2M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXeIzVIpN2M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kratos47
09-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Not to mention that a top level boxer could get his ass whooped by any amateur MMA fighter.[/quote]

haha that made me laugh. have you ever seen tyson fight?? could u imagine what he would do to someone with a cage and just take down defense. :byeb:

kratos47
09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
YouTube - Iron Mike Tyson Knockout Highlights

Ninja Loco
09-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Uhm....... uh..... there's no words. Just no words. In this day and age people still believe th......... never mind.

HammerStrength12
09-04-2009, 11:40 PM
If Tyson landed could land one, he'd take any of those MMA guys down in one punch. Those are 2 sick vids... I miss boxing..

-Z-
09-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Uhm....... uh..... there's no words. Just no words. In this day and age people still believe th......... never mind.

haha, I feel ya.

Sledge
09-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Both are sports both with different rules. To compare the two from a who would beat who viewpoint is just kinda silly. Put a MMA guy in the ring with boxing rules and see who wins, and vice versa. it's just a dumb arsed comparison. Put em both in a real situation with no rules and I'll bet on the guy with the shotgun.

-Z-
09-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Both are sports both with different rules. To compare the two from a who would beat who viewpoint is just kinda silly. Put a MMA guy in the ring with boxing rules and see who wins, and vice versa. it's just a dumb arsed comparison. Put em both in a real situation with no rules and I'll bet on the guy with the shotgun.

lol

illwill
09-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I appreciate both tremendously. My personal preference is boxing because of its rich history, cast of characters and sheer beauty.

VurDerLak
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Umm.........pay attention friend......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXeIzVIpN2M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXeIzVIpN2M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tim sylvia has been a shitty fighter for years and pretty much ran on sheer good luck during his reign as champ. Anyone on these forums could beat up tim sylvia, its not much of an accomplishment.

Plates
09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Tim sylvia has been a shitty fighter for years and pretty much ran on sheer good luck during his reign as champ. Anyone on these forums could beat up tim sylvia, its not much of an accomplishment.

You are as sharp as a bowling ball. Not to mention, if DaveV can kick.......never mind. Im not wasting hand cramping on this dumb statement. Wow.....just wow........

nomak666
09-05-2009, 06:48 PM
come on now, tim sylvia is not that great of a fighter, he shouldnt even be a ufc fighter. every fight i see of tim sylvia is him losing. Yes a mma fighter in a boxing ring would most likely lose and a boxer in a mma cage would most likely lose, but boxing is strixtly punching and clinching and res brewaking it up. ufc resembles a street fight with a few rules (no low blows and stuff like that). a boxing match, 15, 3 minute rounds of them punching each other. ufc 3, 5 minute rounds and usally ends with a knockout or tap out. everyone has heir own opinions but to me, boxing is an outdated sport but it sure makes a shitload of money with endorsements and sponsors not to mention that these boxers get paid millions for a fight while ufc fighters get a couple hundred thousand if they are good.

VurDerLak
09-05-2009, 07:09 PM
You are as sharp as a bowling ball. Not to mention, if DaveV can kick.......never mind. Im not wasting hand cramping on this dumb statement. Wow.....just wow........

Look all im saying is that boxers focus solely on their hands and nothing else. MMA fighters utilize hands, elbows, knees and shins in their striking not to mention their grappling skills of ground n' pound and submissions. Any boxer has no chance against a guy who has basic MMA skills.

Plates
09-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Look all im saying is that boxers focus solely on their hands and nothing else. MMA fighters utilize hands, elbows, knees and shins in their striking not to mention their grappling skills of ground n' pound and submissions. Any boxer has no chance against a guy who has basic MMA skills.

I agree with everything you said until the end. I'm an MMA guy to the core. I prefer MMA to boxing for the exact reasons you stated. But come on now......boxing is a beautiful art form it it's own right. I think Sledge put it best though

VurDerLak
09-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I agree with everything you said until the end. I'm an MMA guy to the core. I prefer MMA to boxing for the exact reasons you stated. But come on now......boxing is a beautiful art form it it's own right. I think Sledge put it best though

I think every martial art is a beautiful art form too, but i just dont think a boxer would stand a chance. Your talking about guys who spend all their time training only with hands, even if they've had other training like say in kickboxing, they're still gonna revert to boxing. A MMA fighter who can keep them at bay with kicks to the body and legs, which they're not used to and can take them down with ease, because they dont know how to defend that and then either pound or submit them, which once again they dont know how to defend, is gonna their ass kicked...quick.

chitownmscle
09-06-2009, 01:54 AM

That statement makes the most sense in this thread so far.