PDA

View Full Version : Professional Wrestling Training

BiGDaDDy
09-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey everyone, It has been awhile since I have posted. This might be in the wrong section but, I am going to post this anyways. Again, I am 6' 330lbs at about 21-23% bodyfat. I am 3-4 weeks into professional wrestling training. Tell you what these guys go through some pretty intense punishment. I was wondering how to incorporate Dave's cutting diet into my schedule. Classes are everyday from 1-5pm. I lift in the mornings from 5-8am. How would you guys suggest I set up my diet. The cardio that is required is HIGH-INTESITY HI-OUTPUT. My ass has been dragging just trying to keep up with them:hypno:. I have not been eating right nor doing the type of cardio necessary. I would like what kind of cardio program should I incorporate? What kind of lifting protocol would be to my best advantage? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Please Help!!!

Hungarian_Oak
09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey BigDaddy, I attended a pro wrestling school back in 2004, mind you it was a terrible one and I dropped out after a week. The cardio was not intense, but the punishment was was(No padding underneath the canvas, etc). I heard that Triple H follows Dave's Keto diet even while he is wrestling full time and he still has energy. I am currently in my 2nd week of Dave's diet, doing 4 half hour a.m. cardio sessions and 5 1.5 hour weight training sessions per week and I have only experienced lack of energy the first day I started the diet. Maybe you could message Dave and find out the exact diet he has Triple H on. Good luck!

BiGDaDDy
09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey man, thanks for your advice, I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

The Big Sexy
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I wrestled with the NAWF for about 8 months back in 2001-2002... it was brutal on the body and it was hard as hell to get real effective workouts in... and that was with training camps only 3x per week!!! I remember not being able to walk correctly when I left those camps... let alone go hit the weights.

BiGDaDDy
09-01-2009, 06:35 PM
That is what I am experiencing right now. I was wondering if the cardio that they want us to have in the camps will screw up the keto diet. I am not going to quit. If my weight went down alittle maybe the bumps wouldn't hurt quite as much and if my wind was up i would have a clearer head. My workouts in the morning are 50% effective right now. I am working on them everyday and little by little they improve. Thanks for your input.

The Big Sexy
09-01-2009, 06:41 PM
That is what I am experiencing right now. I was wondering if the cardio that they want us to have in the camps will screw up the keto diet. I am not going to quit. If my weight went down alittle maybe the bumps wouldn't hurt quite as much and if my wind was up i would have a clearer head. My workouts in the morning are 50% effective right now. I am working on them everyday and little by little they improve. Thanks for your input.

IMO - I wouldn't want my BF any lower than like 15-16% if I were to do it again... fuck if it didn't destroy me at 10% - Not to mention, you exert so much fucking energy during those camps... the actual MATCH isn't much at all... other than adrenaline. I think it hurts less with more fat and also, less chance for injury. I got banged around a lot.

Hungarian_Oak
09-02-2009, 01:06 AM
One verteran wrestler told me that he hates being "ripped" because the bumps hurt way more when you are lean. Maybe you could wait until you are finished training to get cut up if the school is only 3 months.

BiGDaDDy
09-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey thanks for the advice. I really appreciate the insight from both of you. Thanks.

BBlaze79
09-03-2009, 02:29 AM
IMO - I wouldn't want my BF any lower than like 15-16% if I were to do it again... fuck if it didn't destroy me at 10% - Not to mention, you exert so much fucking energy during those camps... the actual MATCH isn't much at all... other than adrenaline. I think it hurts less with more fat and also, less chance for injury. I got banged around a lot.

so does this mean i can get away with being slightly "chubby"? LOL!!! how you doing buddy?!

BBlaze79
09-03-2009, 02:36 AM
One verteran wrestler told me that he hates being "ripped" because the bumps hurt way more when you are lean. Maybe you could wait until you are finished training to get cut up if the school is only 3 months.

This is definitely true. When I started I was a scrawny ass 145 lbs and I used to hurt all the time. As I got bigger, bumps hurt less. Maybe its cause the surface area expanded, maybe its because after getting to a stocky 250 I wasnt used as a lawn dart anymore and just took less bumps, haha!

BiGDaDDy
09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
What do you guys think about this? What if I incorporated Dave's cutting diet with something like Max-OT training to maintain size and strength with 1-2 HIT cardio sessions on days when there is no camp? And any other type of cardio conditioning or stamina work comes from BW exercises? (etc. Hindu squats, Hindu pushups, dips, pullups, burpees) I really appreciate everyone's input. I am just trying to get some sort of base or foundation for me to work with.

The Big Sexy
09-06-2009, 12:12 PM
so does this mean i can get away with being slightly "chubby"? LOL!!! how you doing buddy?!

OH SHIT! How you doing man?!