PDA

View Full Version : Contest prep support thread....just to keep us guys on track.

Darnelle B
09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
The girls have one so I decide to make one for us. And yes all the ladies or invited. :)

just some place for everyone prep for a show to vent and ask for help from time to time during there prep.

Get tip on how to stay focus. Stuff like that. :)
I hope this helps you guy & gals getting ready for the stage.

Let get the support going. :)

LuckyDog
09-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Tammy just posted this in someones journal but I think its a rocking quote for precontest - so kudos and here it is

The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term is the indispensable pre-requisite for success.

Darnelle B
09-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Tammy just posted this in someones journal but I think its a rocking quote for precontest - so kudos and here it is

The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term is the indispensable pre-requisite for success.

wow, I was doing cardio as I read that and it just made me want to do another 30mins

good post

because god know I'm trying my ass off to be in the best shape of my life.

Frosty
09-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Darnelle not sure if this would be motivating to you, but some of these BBing youtube videos really get me motivated to train hard and keep motivated:

RX Muscle Forums

LuckyDog
09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
wow, I was doing cardio as I read that and it just made me want to do another 30mins

good post

because god know I'm trying my ass off to be in the best shape of my life.

D - I think I am sharing a timeline with you - I'm 3.5 weeks out then another 7 week run in for the same weekend as your Bev show. I feel your pain for sure but eye on the prize baby!! Its like a bad 12 step - just one day at a time and it will be here before we know it and we will get there with no regrets!!

Darnelle B
09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Darnelle not sure if this would be motivating to you, but some of these BBing youtube videos really get me motivated to train hard and keep motivated:

RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=17561)

sure does help me right before i hit the gym.... :) o yea frosty cant wait to see what sunday numbers say. :)

Darnelle B
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Man o man I almost broke last night. Lol but made it thru. Wow the cravings was attacking me. Felt like a drug addict. Still ding know if I will have my cheat meal this Sunday. Might just go with out it for a few weeks again.... Idk just don't wanna fall behind plus I'm tired of dieting but I won't stop till I'm ripped.

maxxmuscle
09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Keep it up ! Dieting is as much Mental as Physical...Maybe more so,especially the last few weeks.Dont give in to the cravings :)

Darnelle B
09-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Keep it up ! Dieting is as much Mental as Physical...Maybe more so,especially the last few weeks.Dont give in to the cravings :)

thanks a lot. This is my first prep so it's hard. Every one around me eating cakes,chinise,taco bell, ice cream. My fiancé just loves that stuff. Lol but I stay strong.

About 11 more weeks to go. Even if I don't compete I'm happy that I will be in the best shape of my life. :)

maxxmuscle
09-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Every one around me eating cakes,chinise,taco bell, ice cream. My fiancé just loves that stuff. :)

Will they look as good as you though :)

Darnelle B
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Will they look as good as you though :)

no they will not. lol that what i tell my self. and i get thru it.

bigleemurali
09-06-2009, 10:44 AM
As the dates move closer to the contest the size of cheats and frequencey goes down.

At that time i just say to myself. I do it cos i love it. I do it cos i need it.I do it by myself and not by anyone's force. Then why should i tremble. I take it up as a challenge and push further.

We do it for our love of the sport or to get the body that we desire then why are we so worried about diet being strict:yep:

Darnelle B
09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
As the dates move closer to the contest the size of cheats and frequencey goes down.

At that time i just say to myself. I do it cos i love it. I do it cos i need it.I do it by myself and not by anyone's force. Then why should i tremble. I take it up as a challenge and push further.

We do it for our love of the sport or to get the body that we desire then why are we so worried about diet being strict:yep:

i love it.lol i'm posting this in my notes on my phone so i can read it every day.:yep:

kungfuprincess007
09-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Darnelle hang in there! You're doing awesome! I know how you feel. I went into the grocery store the other day and say all these sweets surrounding me. I wanted to stuff it all in my face. So I had to call a friend to calm me down.

Then it passed after I talked myself down. It is very mental.

LuckyDog
09-06-2009, 11:45 AM
D - I call 10 weeks (which I think you are right now) entering purgatory. You are far enough out that the rest of prep seems really really long, you haven't hit that stride where you are ridiculously ripped and every time you look in the mirror you are reaffirmed that it is game on. BUT this is when the hard work gets done and you lay the foundation to finish prep the way you want. Hold your shit together now and it pays off 10 fold in 10 weeks. Get it done big boy (and I'm rallying myself with the same chatter)

GirlyMuscle
09-06-2009, 11:59 AM
D - I call 10 weeks (which I think you are right now) entering purgatory. You are far enough out that the rest of prep seems really really long, you haven't hit that stride where you are ridiculously ripped and every time you look in the mirror you are reaffirmed that it is game on. BUT this is when the hard work gets done and you lay the foundation to finish prep the way you want. Hold your shit together now and it pays off 10 fold in 10 weeks. Get it done big boy (and I'm rallying myself with the same chatter)THanks for this post. I'm doing the same show as Darnelle and I'm feeling all the same things he is.

Darnelle, I watched that documentary "I Want To Look Like That Guy" today while I did my pre-breakfast cardio. If you haven't seen it, you should.