PDA

View Full Version : Problems sleeping???

JillyRev
09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
so during contest prep i always have a hard time sleeping... so i started using somalyze which helped a lot....

now that i am in the off season i still cant sleep and somalyze isnt helping anymore...

any suggestions on other sleep aids? over the counter or perscriptions??

thanks;)

thaAtrain
09-02-2009, 05:55 PM
so during contest prep i always have a hard time sleeping... so i started using somalyze which helped a lot....

now that i am in the off season i still cant sleep and somalyze isnt helping anymore...

thanks;)

x2!

SweetCapri
09-02-2009, 09:33 PM
ONE WORD - Benadryl. Take half a tab and if that doesnt work, take one tab.

GirlyMuscle
09-02-2009, 09:47 PM
GABA but that's what's in Somalyze.

JillyRev
09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
thanks:) i took some Melatonin last night and it didnt make me fall asleep at all.. but when i did sleep i was knocked out... i work up at the time i am usually at work! maybe i need to take more, or earlier!!!

Fitswim by Celeste
09-03-2009, 12:29 PM
jillian - gotta try the comatose from ALRI - i get a good nights sleep and, feel rested in the a.m. and don't feel groggy. it's awsome!

zubbeyboy
09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
My Comatose will be here today. Ill let you all know how well it works tomorrow. I as well have been using Somalyze with good results. Lately doesnt put me down as good as it did. Maybe a person should cycle somalyze for 2 weeks then use comatose for 2 etc?

JillyRev
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
My Comatose will be here today. Ill let you all know how well it works tomorrow. I as well have been using Somalyze with good results. Lately doesnt put me down as good as it did. Maybe a person should cycle somalyze for 2 weeks then use comatose for 2 etc?

ahhh yea good call to mix up weeks... sounds like Comatose works! i need to get some!

JillyRev
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
jillian - gotta try the comatose from ALRI - i get a good nights sleep and, feel rested in the a.m. and don't feel groggy. it's awsome!

thanks!! hey sent you a pm! nice to meet ya this past weekend!

InHonorInMind
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm a huge fan of Advance Muscle Science: Nocturnabol....its supre cheap and I usually take 2....knocks you out in less than 15mins...I used to take ALRI-Lean Dreams, but learned that if you didn't go to bed with in the 30 mins after taking it, I'd have the adverse effect and be up all night....not awesome....The Tryptophan and Melatonin in the Nocturnabol really is just at the perfect concentration for me....just another option...benedryl is good too! But always makes me feel groggy in the AM.

The Big Sexy
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Lean Dreams does work like WOW! ... Comatose also works by being an anti-anxiety so you get really relaxed.

militantmuscle
09-03-2009, 03:03 PM

thanks;)

Jilly, have you tried Ketotifen? If you are contest dieting and using clenbuterol, it's useful for up-regulating beta-2 adrenergic receptors.

JillyRev
09-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Jilly, have you tried Ketotifen? If you are contest dieting and using clenbuterol, it's useful for up-regulating beta-2 adrenergic receptors.

im off season:) ive never heard of Ketotifen. ill read up on it..... thank you;)

tight booty
09-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Could it be the new boobies Jilly? I know that I couldn't get comfortable sleeping with mine for the first couple of weeks.

SweetCapri
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Could it be the new boobies Jilly? I know that I couldn't get comfortable sleeping with mine for the first couple of weeks.
I was just thinking this - that and all the meds that we have to take. I know my body is a hot mess right now and my sleeping pattern SUCKS!

tight booty
09-04-2009, 07:05 AM
I was just thinking this - that and all the meds that we have to take. I know my body is a hot mess right now and my sleeping pattern SUCKS!
Yes and having even gone under a anethestic, messes with your body. It makes me very emotional after any operation.

JillyRev
09-04-2009, 07:13 AM
well i thought about that, and i am actually pretty comfortable at night... i am still wearing the super sports bra at night that straps them in lol.. i can lay on my stomach no problem.. but your right maybe im still a little off emotionally after surgery... hummm thanks ladies! great points!

LisaRD23
09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
thanks:) i took some Melatonin last night and it didnt make me fall asleep at all.. but when i did sleep i was knocked out... i work up at the time i am usually at work! maybe i need to take more, or earlier!!!

I use Melatonin. I have trouble sleeping sometimes esp when I'm stressed. I like it cause like you said, it doesn't make me fall asleep before I'm actually ready to get in bed. It keeps me asleep the entire night.

I don't take it after 10pm, any later then I have a hard time waking up at 7am.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Lean Dreams does work like WOW! ... Comatose also works by being an anti-anxiety so you get really relaxed.

Comatose works like valium. YOu are OUT!!!!!!!!

SweetCapri
09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Comatose works like valium. YOu are OUT!!!!!!!!
With a name like Comatose I'd feel like Michael Jackson taking that stuff. What exactly is it? Anyone knows the main ingredients?

The Big Sexy
09-04-2009, 01:50 PM
With a name like Comatose I'd feel like Michael Jackson taking that stuff. What exactly is it? Anyone knows the main ingredients?

Best to head over to the ALR Forums and ask Coach himself on that one - he's always better at explaining that sort of stuff. :)

zubbeyboy
09-05-2009, 04:12 AM
You all may think this is messed up. I like Somalyze better. Plus the added benefit of Burning Fat while sleeping appeals to me. Tried Comatose 2 nights ago. Didn't knock me down. Last night took 3 Somalyze and OUT all night. Hell i don't know. LOL

sweetjane57
09-14-2009, 04:53 PM
the Somalyze is crazy...in a good way.

I used to have to take Target Sleep-Aide EVERYDAY when I was on midnights to force myself into a schedule....that seemed to work as well, but probably not to cool to take all consistantly.

lesterace
07-23-2011, 06:39 AM
The one popular here for sleep help with no side effects is the supplement MX 5-HTP. Is this available in your place? If not, better to research about that supplement for you to grasp more info. specially it's great benefits.

The Prodigy
07-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I LOOOOOOVE Somalyze!

magicmile5
02-21-2012, 10:35 PM
I am new here but looking at all these different sleep aids what are the side effects? I think it would be safer and better to try more natural methods to fall asleep.

showstopper88
02-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I LOOOOOOVE Somalyze!

I couldn't agree more! Somalyze is AMAZING! Best sleep aid out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yossyg
01-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Have you tried melatonin ? Natural sleep aid.

sheilamettler
03-09-2013, 01:54 PM
For OTC products, Melatonin, ZMA and Benadryl have worked for me. As far as prescription products go I am often hesistant to use them because in the past you had to take the product every night anticipating you were going to have problems falling asleep and you needed to have atleast 7 to 8 hours of sleep remaining. There is a new product, Intermezzo, which is a true PRN (as needed) medication. Its sublingual, fast acting and you only need to have 4 hours of sleep remaining. So if you toss and turn for a few hours and cant fall asleep or wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep, you can take it and not be drowsy in the AM.

CHILDOFGOD
06-27-2013, 08:24 PM
I just hit the bed after I had a great workout, bout 2am. and the days I do not workout, I hit the bed about 10pm and 11pm. Yet I must get up again at 1:30am to take my last supp, MHP CYCLIN or you can call it my 1st supp of the day and go back to bed and sleep like a baby:)

LeanneP
08-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Although I do take Benadryl from time to time, I also use cupping, acupuncture and an infrared sauna.

I have found this also useful for water retention. My better half is a chiropractor and acupuncturist. I am a Registered Massage Therapist and have been doing cupping. The benefits are remarkable.

Granite-Dawg
08-06-2013, 09:49 AM
I use escape from westside barbell.

nic902
08-06-2013, 09:35 PM
My better half is a chiropractor and acupuncturist. I am a Registered Massage Therapist and have been doing cupping. The benefits are remarkable.

^^^Incredible! I used to get chiro/acupuncture and massage weekly, what a difference it makes in your overall well being.

TonyElTigre
08-06-2013, 09:40 PM
If you are having problems sleeping you should try ZMA. It's a great product to help you sleep. If that doesn't work then you can try eating 6-8 ounces of turkey breast. It really helps me sleep. It has a natural sleep aid in it.

LeanneP
08-10-2013, 06:52 PM
NIC902

I found that between sleeping better, my physique coming in more balance and less need for diuretics, it has significantly been less taxing on my body. My prep has really come full circle.
I have always used massage and chiro. Acupuncture just added to an already good plan!