09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
nSIYgrocNfc&hl=en&fs

lilfella
09-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah Buddy! Dude is a beast.

BrotherIron
09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Thats AWESOME.

I personally can't stand Ben White. The only thing he has which is big is his mouth.

robert da strongman
09-03-2009, 12:27 PM
dayum!

Squid
09-03-2009, 01:07 PM
I was litterally just going to post this video :P

Frosty
09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Damn I realized that gym is like 16 minutes away from me. Checking out the videos and the website and that place looks like a good place to train. I wonder if anyone on here might train there, too? I recognized one dude from a different gym here.

D_T
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Technically he's right about being the strongest pro but Ronnie still did his lifts in the course of a regular workout. I'll be more impressed when Scott places in a pro show.

toddbz
09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Damn I realized that gym is like 16 minutes away from me. Checking out the videos and the website and that place looks like a good place to train. I wonder if anyone on here might train there, too? I recognized one dude from a different gym here.

You do!? We're supposed to train there really soon. Normally I train at the Power House in Rancho.

Maybe when we're there we can spot Stan lol

Northman
09-04-2009, 06:41 PM
It's only been posted on this site a total of 999 times, but watching it again is nice.

Youngguns
09-04-2009, 06:50 PM
It's only been posted on this site a total of 999 times, but watching it again is nice.
:byeg:

indianamonster1986
09-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Impressive but to even place ronnie in those videos is rather tacky. If Ronnie waited til his 40's to turn pro and not win 8 Olympias and did power lifting competitions too he would smoke his ass IMO.

realmccoy
09-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Impressive but to even place ronnie in those videos is rather tacky. If Ronnie waited til his 40's to turn pro and not win 8 Olympias and did power lifting competitions too he would smoke his ass IMO.

I agree

gymguy30
09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
This guys aweasome. Dam, what the F do u think he uses....high dose tren??? :dunno:

JLucas
09-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Only grudge I got is his magnificient bouncing bench press.

JLucas
09-18-2009, 12:46 AM
The dude is insanely strong tho dont get me wrong

BrotherIron
09-18-2009, 01:30 AM

I think the main difference is that Ronnie was training for size and strength through BBing routines while Stan (correct me if I'm wrong) trains utilizing PLing routines to gains his strength and as we all know PL routines are MUCH more effective in building strength. Therefore to compare the 2 is ludicrous.

Ronnie achieved his feats through BBing training. Who knows where he would have ended up if he had taken the strength training path.

rinse
09-18-2009, 09:08 AM
I think the main difference is that Ronnie was training for size and strength through BBing routines while Stan (correct me if I'm wrong) trains utilizing PLing routines to gains his strength and as we all know PL routines are MUCH more effective in building strength. Therefore to compare the 2 is ludicrous.

Ronnie achieved his feats through BBing training. Who knows where he would have ended up if he had taken the strength training path.

No one knows and why care. You don't win powerlifting meets based on how inferior your training methods are. The strongest wins. It's pretty simply.

crashcrew56
09-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Well if you listen to the HMR, Stan has just recently been focusing on PL. He said that he has always trained heavy

BrotherIron
09-18-2009, 11:17 AM
No one knows and why care. You don't win powerlifting meets based on how inferior your training methods are. The strongest wins. It's pretty simply.

Yes, the lifter with the highest amount does win but if you know about training methodologies you know that certain training will yield far greater results in terms of strength than others. Training for strength is TOTALLY different that training for size. There is a science to strength training which makes it interesting to think what Big Ron could have accomplished if he had taken that path.

crashcrew56
09-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I think Big Ron should try to pursue powerlifting now

toddbz
09-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Well if you listen to the HMR, Stan has just recently been focusing on PL. He said that he has always trained heavy

He's at Team Super Training a lot now. There if you do curls they look at you like you just shit yourself lol

BrotherIron
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM

Now that is something I would like to see.

BLUEBARON75
09-18-2009, 03:38 PM
wow. dudes a monster!

Ace Hardware
09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Stan is the man. Bunch of bs that he can't compete at the Olympia.

artificialaspirations
09-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Stan is the man. Bunch of bs that he can't compete at the Olympia.

why is this?

Carolyn Bryant
09-18-2009, 10:32 PM

Not!!!

rinse
09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Yes, the lifter with the highest amount does win but if you know about training methodologies you know that certain training will yield far greater results in terms of strength than others. Training for strength is TOTALLY different that training for size. There is a science to strength training which makes it interesting to think what Big Ron could have accomplished if he had taken that path.

I know trust me. But I still think you can compare the two. Because the strongest is the strongest. Yes Ronnie would most likely be stronger than he is if he focused on that type of training but no one will ever know what he could've done. That's what I don't like. I think we should praise the ones that are actually doing it and are the strongest.

MichaelWayne
09-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Dude is strong as hell...but Ronnie was doing those squats PRE contest, without having the weight un-rack/re-rack itself, had to walk into position AND didn't have his stance be the widest possible to reduce how far he had to go down....oh yeah, plus all the BBing vs PLing training already discussed.

Shit talk Johnny and Ben all you want, but leave the King alone. You're beef isn't with him. Would've been a little classier showing Ben or JJ sqauting/benching, then showing how much more he can lift then them.

BrotherIron
09-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Not!!!

Why not? His bbing career is over and you can train around injuries in PL and make great strides in the sport.

crashcrew56
09-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Dude is strong as hell...but Ronnie was doing those squats PRE contest, without having the weight un-rack/re-rack itself, had to walk into position AND didn't have his stance be the widest possible to reduce how far he had to go down....oh yeah, plus all the BBing vs PLing training already discussed.

Shit talk Johnny and Ben all you want, but leave the King alone. You're beef isn't with him. Would've been a little classier showing Ben or JJ sqauting/benching, then showing how much more he can lift then them.

In Stan's HMR interview he said that he wan't trying to talk shit on the king, he was just using Ronnies strength as a benchmark

crashcrew56
09-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Not!!!

What!? Why not?

MichaelWayne
09-19-2009, 11:11 PM
In Stan's HMR interview he said that he wan't trying to talk shit on the king, he was just using Ronnies strength as a benchmark

(insert witty argument) :hmn:

rinse
09-20-2009, 10:28 AM

Why have a strong opinion about something you know nothing about?

Ronnie did his squats in the OFFSEASON. They are in his redemption DVD. Also Ronnie didn't reach parallell. Ronnie squatted in a suit. How can you argue that Ronnies squats are better? I don't get it.

White Goodman
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Efferding will total more than JJ as he is truly an elite powerlifter with few peers.White is a bencher. His DL at the "O" hints at him being a newcomer to deadlifting. Now, as to who is a better bb'er, that is a different story.

powerbeast
10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
This stuff is awesome to for the sport. Hope people keep stepping up and making it entertaining