PDA

View Full Version : Tools in the Gym

stephaniewicked
09-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I thought it would be fun to share stories and mock the tools that we've encountered during our training sessions.

Tonight I was approached by the douchebag who kicked me off the leg extension machine a couple weeks back because he was "supersetting" (I still call bullshit! :)) He walked to the complete opposite end of the gym to interrupt me and ask me if I'm a trainer because I "look like I know what I'm doing" and he wanted to know if I would train him. Boy, was I flattered... :rolleyes:

Not only were his language and communication skills subpar (he kept repeating everything I said, but in question-form), he hardly looked like he needed a 5'1" skinny chick to show him what to do. Then he proceeded to comment on my skull tattoo and completely change the direction of the conversation. I quickly cut it short so I could get back to what I was doing.

Not really an impressive example, but I felt like bitching since I'm still bitter at his stupid ass for our first run-i a few weeks back. I'm sure you girls have better stories... post them up! :)

fitmomma3
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Actually my gym's not too bad I've been there long enough that most people have seem me time and time again walk in with hubby and the three kids in tote so no one really obnoxiously hits on me. I do get the occasional older gentelmen (I swear they think because they're over 50 they can get away with anything lol) who like to shoot the shit or give you random compliments which are nice but sometimes they go a little too far and push it lol but otherwise honestly it's not too bad/

I did get hit on by some skinny red headed tool at the the Red Sox game last week while with MY MOTHER (lol that was emberassing) he wouldn't stop talking and I literally was like looking around him to watch the game then he kept trying to high five me the whole time when something happened lol... after he finally walked away because I was married with kids he then came BACK to introduce his friend too LOL I thought my mother was gonna punch him. Oh yeah then some kid while waiting for the subway asked me if I would autograph his BODy with a black sharpie... I nicely declined lol

musclemilf
09-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm prepping right now and noticed the more I'm leaning down and wearing less clothes, the more schmoes seem to come out of the woodwork. Schmoes, gawkers and women giving me the stink eye WTF? I suppose, for a lady my age I should take any kind of attention I could get LOL!

I understand you though. The guy was RUDE in kicking you off the leg extension and now he's wanting to "talk" to you and possibly become your workout partner. Tell him to go f$ck off. :p

sassy69
09-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Just by coming up to people & asking "are you using this" or "can I work in w/ you", I manage to scare off or displace most people who are "supersetting" or basically parking their asses on a piece of eqpt to read a book or just plain old have that deer-in-headlights look.

tammyp
09-14-2009, 05:55 AM
a great reason why i have mine at home:)

LauraW
09-14-2009, 08:37 AM
That's why I love my ladies only gym!!

Allifit
09-14-2009, 09:42 AM
I mostly get that kinda crap if I'm new to the facility. I've been at my Gold's for about two years now and they sponsor me, so most people know what I'm about in the gym and now I'm there to train not pick up or be picked up by guys. I find I get a lot of respect from the guys in Gold's. I have a very strong support system in my gym.

People talk to me, but its not usually in the "pick up" type manner, more or less a "how are you" or "how's the diet going".

I also tend to appear standoffish when I train. :) lol. I highly recommend it. Plug your IPod in, establish a fuck off look on your face and train lol. Chances are it scares most of those toolbags off :)

The Big Sexy
09-14-2009, 09:48 AM
haha - I remember when I was training one time, Brandon Curry and his crew were training in the other room (at World's here in SD) and a guy was talking to Brandi (his wife) he was casual... oh, nice arms... you train, and she's such a sweetheart she just kept talking to him...

I THINK at this point he said something to her about getting together for some wine or something (WINE, REALLY?) and Brandon was walking in to do something in the room at that exact time. She goes "oh no, I'm married - there is my husband"

The guy almost slid out of his skin and turned even more pasty pale than he was. LOL It was awesome.

But honestly - if you were done training (because no one likes to hold a convo in the MIDDLE of a training session) and someone you thought was attractive talked to you - you wouldn't have an issue with it eh?

exit2010
09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I think it depends on how the guy looks more than anything - then if he is charming enough to keep the conversation going - not so much the interruption.

sbfigure
09-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I also tend to appear standoffish when I train. :) lol. I highly recommend it. Plug your IPod in, establish a fuck off look on your face and train lol. Chances are it scares most of those toolbags off :)

i agree... i usually win the title for "gym bitch" because i dont talk to anyone.. unless i know you. i blast my ipod, so if someone is even remotely trying to have a convo with me, i dont hear them, if they approach me from the front, i make it obvious that im a little annoyed that i have to flick my head phone out and pause my jam. i put a really intense face on, and i train. none of the tools bother me... and in my gym there are PLENTY of them... i welcome conversations from a select few people in the gym...

dont talk to me while i train.. u can converse will im torturing myself with my ungodly amount of cardio to make time pass, or wait til im walking out the door to my car....

after reading this i guess i am well deserving of the gym b*tch title. woops:dunno:

Bolan
09-14-2009, 10:31 AM
You know ladies, us fellas get approached very often by woman also........
"Could you spot me hun ?" "WOW you have big arms may i feel them?"
"You must be big all over big fella!"

The one that i laugh about is... "Are you married?" Even with my wedding band on.
But if shes hot I say "nope" LMAO!! J/K

STACEYK
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Gym bitch-I like that one-I inherited the nick name-Gustapo

The Beast
09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
ok I admit that I was flexing the other day in the gym mirror after a set, I am only going to look like this for so long...you know. Welll I was doing a double bicep pose and I must say that I am a decent poser. Well this 40 year old wanna-be wrestler who always tries to talk to me sees this and says, you know you are looking good but you should really keep your arms a little higher in that pose...when I was a bber and use to compete I used to............at that point I looked at him, rolled my eyes and walked away.

stephaniewicked
09-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I really just hate when guys (I'd say "people", but females never do this...) interrupt me when I'm in the middle of my set. I also always have my mp3 player blasting and I'm trying to focus on what I'm doing... not socializing... what part of that screams "have a conversation with me"?? Especially wannabe supersetter dude...

I've had some of the trainers talk to me while I'm doing cardio or when walking from one side of the gym to the other, and I'll take a quick moment to greet them or have a brief conversation... And I've talked to ladies in the locker room and I've had people stop me on my way in or out... but when I'm in the middle of a set, *especially* when it's to say something ridiculous (like the guy who wanted me to spot him when he was pressing 110lb dumbbells... at the time, they weighed more than I did!!), it's just annoying. I wouldn't do that to someone, so I expect the same respect in return. Is that so wrong? :o :dunno:

The Big Sexy
09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I really just hate when guys (I'd say "people", but females never do this...) interrupt me when I'm in the middle of my set. I also always have my mp3 player blasting and I'm trying to focus on what I'm doing... not socializing... what part of that screams "have a conversation with me"?? Especially wannabe supersetter dude...

I've had some of the trainers talk to me while I'm doing cardio or when walking from one side of the gym to the other, and I'll take a quick moment to greet them or have a brief conversation... And I've talked to ladies in the locker room and I've had people stop me on my way in or out... but when I'm in the middle of a set, *especially* when it's to say something ridiculous (like the guy who wanted me to spot him when he was pressing 110lb dumbbells... at the time, they weighed more than I did!!), it's just annoying. I wouldn't do that to someone, so I expect the same respect in return. Is that so wrong? :o :dunno:

Pretty normal actually (to just want to be left alone) - I really feel bad for women who are hot... it's like a giant target for guys to hit on you being in the gym... even if a guy is a Greek God, he probably won't get hit on left and right like a woman who has it together.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
09-16-2009, 03:05 PM
i agree... i usually win the title for "gym bitch" because i dont talk to anyone.. unless i know you. i blast my ipod, so if someone is even remotely trying to have a convo with me, i dont hear them, if they approach me from the front, i make it obvious that im a little annoyed that i have to flick my head phone out and pause my jam. i put a really intense face on, and i train. none of the tools bother me... and in my gym there are PLENTY of them... i welcome conversations from a select few people in the gym...

dont talk to me while i train.. u can converse will im torturing myself with my ungodly amount of cardio to make time pass, or wait til im walking out the door to my car....

after reading this i guess i am well deserving of the gym b*tch title. woops:dunno:

I have the same demeanor in the gym. my hubby hates it, cuz it makes his clients afraid to approach me. however, I am there to train not to make friends. usually i'll walk up and talk to them after i'm done, but he still hates that I have the "gym bitch" rep.
I fucking love it. Shut up and train right?

figurebre
09-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't ever get hit on at the gym. Ever.
My gym is filled with mostly old people.
I do get "looks", but I think its because they are trying to figure out what sport I play...or they can tell I am not a normal girl.

fitmomma3
09-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Like I said I only get ht on by OLDER men... creepy older men... Either I LOOK OLD or I look like someone who would date someone older with money lol either way not cool lol So my weird interaction I won't even call it a hitting on cause the guy said very little it was his creepy smile and interaction that was weird.

So I'm on cardio and he gets on next to me (no biggeie) even though almost every other one was open. So I smile say hi a little small talk (thats fine...I don't mind that at all) then I stick my head phones in and turn the channel so it's clear I'm watching TV now and doing cardio. So he flips his channel to what I'm watching (jon and Kate plus 8)... maybe it's a coincendence... and everytime I even smile or chuckle a little at the show he laughs so loud and ackward at the same time. I change the channel he changes the channel (to everybody loves raymond now), I laugh he laughs louder... and everytime I catch him out of the corner of my eye or happen to glance at him he is just staring at me with this huge ass silly grin... it was one of the weirdest interactions ever. Like I said I can't even say he hit on me or anything it was just weird as hell. And then hubby came over when he was done with cardio and he said the same thing... why is that guys eyes so big and he keeps staring over here. LOL

The Big Sexy
09-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Like I said I only get ht on by OLDER men... creepy older men... Either I LOOK OLD or I look like someone who would date someone older with money lol either way not cool lol So my weird interaction I won't even call it a hitting on cause the guy said very little it was his creepy smile and interaction that was weird.

So I'm on cardio and he gets on next to me (no biggeie) even though almost every other one was open. So I smile say hi a little small talk (thats fine...I don't mind that at all) then I stick my head phones in and turn the channel so it's clear I'm watching TV now and doing cardio. So he flips his channel to what I'm watching (jon and Kate plus 8)... maybe it's a coincendence... and everytime I even smile or chuckle a little at the show he laughs so loud and ackward at the same time. I change the channel he changes the channel (to everybody loves raymond now), I laugh he laughs louder... and everytime I catch him out of the corner of my eye or happen to glance at him he is just staring at me with this huge ass silly grin... it was one of the weirdest interactions ever. Like I said I can't even say he hit on me or anything it was just weird as hell. And then hubby came over when he was done with cardio and he said the same thing... why is that guys eyes so big and he keeps staring over here. LOL

This is the worst part of the story by far....

fitmomma3
09-17-2009, 08:52 AM
This is the worst part of the story by far....
hey :p

sba220
09-17-2009, 05:04 PM

I think we all need to look into this a little more...what does someone who looks like they would date someone with money look like? And for my info, what does someone who looks like she likes poor guys look like?

exit2010
09-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Had a girl say real loud from the other side of the gym last night "yeah white boy that's it keep wearing those shorts in here and momma's gonna PUT IT ON YA!"

ROFL what the hell lady - she was as heavy as I am.

fitmomma3
09-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Had a girl say real loud from the other side of the gym last night "yeah white boy that's it keep wearing those shorts in here and momma's gonna PUT IT ON YA!"

ROFL what the hell lady - she was as heavy as I am.Ding ding ding! We have a winner! LMFAO!!!

fitmomma3
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I think we all need to look into this a little more...what does someone who looks like they would date someone with money look like? And for my info, what does someone who looks like she likes poor guys look like?
Good question... its like I have 50 and over only written on my forehead lol :dunno: I don't really know why and honestly I don't want to know why cause like I said any answer will not make me happy lol

sba220
09-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Good question... its like I have 50 and over only written on my forehead lol :dunno: I don't really know why and honestly I don't want to know why cause like I said any answer will not make me happy lol

It's because you just have so much class and elegance. Younger guys can't appreciate such grace and beauty....

(did that answer make you happy?)

fitmomma3
09-17-2009, 10:51 PM
It's because you just have so much class and elegance. Younger guys can't appreciate such grace and beauty....

(did that answer make you happy?)
:bsflag:

LOL just kidding it's a very sweet answer but I think the truth is my kids are aging me lol I need to start on the night cream early... or maybe just some sleep for starters would help lol

figurebre
09-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Hmm... Older men hit on you more, because they have more confidence then younger men. Theyve been around the block a time or two, and another rejection wouldn't hurt quite so bad.
I also heard older men like girls with "doll faces" fuller, chubbier cheeks. Do you have those? :)
I think they like sweet girls too...becaus theyve had to put up with their wive's bitchin for the last 40 years! lol

fitmomma3
09-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Hmm... Older men hit on you more, because they have more confidence then younger men. Theyve been around the block a time or two, and another rejection wouldn't hurt quite so bad.
I also heard older men like girls with "doll faces" fuller, chubbier cheeks. Do you have those? :)
I think they like sweet girls too...becaus theyve had to put up with their wive's bitchin for the last 40 years! loldid you just ask me if I'm CHUBBY?!?! We're so fighting Bre LOL I'm so just kidding hehe actually yes I do have fuller cheeks as least as long as I'm not dieted down. Older men def seem braver like I said I think they think the can get away with more because out of a respect thing usually they do. We all just chalk it up to dirtyy older men.

I was walking around my neghborhood with my daughter and like a 60 year old guy in a caddy got out to walk into a house and said "Hey momma, how you doing tonight?" First of all who says hey momma lol My daughter was like beside herself, she was like Mom he's older than PAPA lol I really don't care I feel like they're harmless but its just funny to me.

Lilr24
09-17-2009, 11:27 PM
OMG, people come up to me allll the time! AND I hate it!! At first i didn't want to be rude but then the further I got into my prep and the more on edge i was I got better at telling people "your gonna have to come talk to me later". I think i have a sign on my forehead that says "if your a tool...please hit on me!" Cuz i swear i'm a retard magnent! Its always, so....like what do you eat? Or how much can you bench? Or what should i do for this, or that? Some guy tried telling me he was interested in getting into BB and wanted to know what he should do....i was thinking to myself HA...yeah...right. So i go, well bb and figure are completely dif, especial from guys to girls...sorry i can't help ya...but if you want to email my bf he might be able to help ya? (my bf btw...one of the biggest guys in the gym) he didn't seem to interested in bb after that.

figurebre
09-17-2009, 11:32 PM
OMG, people come up to me allll the time! AND I hate it!! At first i didn't want to be rude but then the further I got into my prep and the more on edge i was I got better at telling people "your gonna have to come talk to me later". I think i have a sign on my forehead that says "if your a tool...please hit on me!" Cuz i swear i'm a retard magnent! Its always, so....like what do you eat? Or how much can you bench? Or what should i do for this, or that? Some guy tried telling me he was interested in getting into BB and wanted to know what he should do....i was thinking to myself HA...yeah...right. So i go, well bb and figure are completely dif, especial from guys to girls...sorry i can't help ya...but if you want to email my bf he might be able to help ya? (my bf btw...one of the biggest guys in the gym) he didn't seem to interested in bb after that.

How do you politely turn someone down? I guess you have a boyfriend, so its a given.
After saying I 'never' get hit on, someone asked me out tonight. First, they asked me if I was a "fighter" so, the compliment was a good start. lol
I realize its hard for guys to build up the courage to ask out a girl..so Ifeel bad sayin "no thanks"

I guess I could make up a boyfriend? :dunno:

sassy69
09-18-2009, 04:29 AM

One option is just keep wearing the same outfit every day - it will start out looking hawt, but eventually you have your own odiferous aroma ... that'll keep 'em away.

Lilr24
09-18-2009, 08:12 AM
One option is just keep wearing the same outfit every day - it will start out looking hawt, but eventually you have your own odiferous aroma ... that'll keep 'em away.

Ha,ha,ha! LOVE it...i might have to try that one lol I have found the more clothes i wear tho, the less people come up to me...especially closer to comp time. Better pull out the hoodies this time around!

Lilr24
09-18-2009, 08:18 AM
How do you politely turn someone down? I guess you have a boyfriend, so its a given.
After saying I 'never' get hit on, someone asked me out tonight. First, they asked me if I was a "fighter" so, the compliment was a good start. lol
I realize its hard for guys to build up the courage to ask out a girl..so Ifeel bad sayin "no thanks"

Good question...lol...is that really an option? I always feel bad. My bf always yells at me saying i'm too nice and its gonna give them the wrong idea. No one ever hits on me now when i train at the same time as my bf. But if i'm there when he isn't...oh man watch out. They really come out of the wood work. Its always the winners too, so don't feel bad that you don't get hit on, cuz the only ones who hit on me are the one's who NO ONE would date! Ha..high five to me right?! I just try to be as short as possible but still smile (akwardly) and keep moving...if i stop, they'll have me cornered for 10 mins! F!

stephaniewicked
09-18-2009, 09:31 AM

I used to do that all the time... it's definitely a nicer way of declining someone. Only if they deserve a nice response though. :p

Lilr24
09-18-2009, 10:31 AM
I used to wear a fake engagement ring : )

sassy69
09-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Ha,ha,ha! LOVE it...i might have to try that one lol I have found the more clothes i wear tho, the less people come up to me...especially closer to comp time. Better pull out the hoodies this time around!

Hat down, iPod on, grunt & fart a lot. Most people will leave you alone. :yep:

Melissa
09-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Now, now, let's give some credit to the female tools that can be found in your local gym. They're the ones walking out of a step aerobics class and staring at your dieted down physique ooooohhh-ing and aaaaahh-ing over how great your arms are and asking what you do for your abs. They are also the exact same ones who say, "ew, she's so bulky" six months later when you're in your offseason.

stephaniewicked
09-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Now, now, let's give some credit to the female tools that can be found in your local gym.

Good point! I haven't encountered any at my gym (yet)... however people I encounter in my everyday life could be considered tools for the stupid shxt they've said to me when I was dieting.

"I wanna stab you!" - lady at work, because she said I looked "too good" and when I explained what I was doing, she said she "couldn't" do that. Okay then, so STFU up bitch!

"Your face looks too thin. Are you eating?" - another lady at work, even though a few weeks earlier she said to me, "everytime I see you, you're always eating something." Yes, I EAT!

"Oh, so you're down to eating air and stuff!" - a guy at work's response to me declining lunch from a local restaurant 4 days before my last show. I was on the verge of tears that day... People don't even realize that sometimes the things they say are hurtful or even consider that the comments they make (which they THINK are funny) not only AREN'T funny, but that they aren't the only smartass to make such "amusing" comments...

Back to tools at the gym though... superset tool came over to bother me AGAIN tonight. This time it was to ask if he could have a sip of my water (lame excuse to talk to me). This time I noticed that when he smiled (which he shouldn't have been because I certainly wasn't!), he had a gold grill... *cringe* I swear, one of these days... :slap:

fitmomma3
09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
ewwww I don't know which is worse the gold grill or the fact that he asked for a sip of your water LOL that's so disgusting to me LOL I WOULD NEVER in a million years share water with someone in the gym!!! I'm somewhat of a germaphobe but still thats one of the worst lines ever!

J_Lynne
09-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Omg gross! I can't believe he asked you for a sip of your water! Isn't that what waterfountains are for?

stephaniewicked
09-23-2009, 09:45 PM
ewwww I don't know which is worse the gold grill or the fact that he asked for a sip of your water LOL that's so disgusting to me LOL I WOULD NEVER in a million years share water with someone in the gym!!! I'm somewhat of a germaphobe but still thats one of the worst lines ever!

I know, seriously... that's ALL he could come up with? *gag* I'm a germophobe too. I know he wasn't serious, but what a stupid thing to even say.

Omg gross! I can't believe he asked you for a sip of your water! Isn't that what waterfountains are for?

That's exactly where I told him to go. That's when he smiled. I guess he thought he was being cute... definitely missed the mark on that one!