PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NPC Midwest Open Bodybuilding in Davenport, Iowa

ZacharyKane
09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Saturday, April 10th @ Davenport West High School in Davenport, Iowa.

If you would like a copy of the entry form, just let me know and I'll email it to you.

Guest poser this year is Dexter Jackson.

chris250
09-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Last year's show was very good

ZacharyKane
09-09-2009, 04:03 AM
I missed it this past year, but did the 2008 show, it was a pretty good show in my opinion

Bacon Boy
09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Bacon Boy may show up I dont know how much offseason I want yet, Zach what w8 do you get onstage at?

ZacharyKane
09-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Bacon Boy may show up I dont know how much offseason I want yet, Zach what w8 do you get onstage at?

In my avatar pic I was about 143, so I was a bantam weight, but I'll probably be getting on stage around the 160-165 pound mark this time around.

legz
09-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Saturday, April 10th @ Davenport West High School in Davenport, Iowa.

If you would like a copy of the entry form, just let me know and I'll email it to you.

Guest poser this year is Dexter Jackson.

hey bro im looking to do some competing again next yr...looking for some shows in my area...im in illinois...any info on shows in our area would be great...i did the caveman classic in 05, but they have cancelled the past two yrs and I cant find out why? any info would be great!

legz

Bacon Boy
09-16-2009, 07:07 PM
hey bro im looking to do some competing again next yr...looking for some shows in my area...im in illinois...any info on shows in our area would be great...i did the caveman classic in 05, but they have cancelled the past two yrs and I cant find out why? any info would be great!

legz

They didn't want to promote it they are going for natty shows now, there is the Midwest Novice in Apr (STL), MO state in Springfield, Ironman in late Nov Chi town, check the Ill schedule on here for some, I am from MO, and promotion out here sucks, guys in ILL think they have problems, I couldnt find any info for MO State till 4 weeks from the show...

ZacharyKane
09-16-2009, 11:18 PM
They didn't want to promote it they are going for natty shows now, there is the Midwest Novice in Apr (STL), MO state in Springfield, Ironman in late Nov Chi town, check the Ill schedule on here for some, I am from MO, and promotion out here sucks, guys in ILL think they have problems, I couldnt find any info for MO State till 4 weeks from the show...

So true, promotion in IL isn't the greatest, but we do have an up to date website that we can usually get info from, and if that's not accurate, our state chairman is only a phone call away. Same thing with Iowa (I live right on the river,) if I have questions, all I have to do is call.

ZacharyKane
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM

legz

PM me your email and I'll send you the flyer for this show

lilarnold
11-09-2009, 12:34 PM
im driving from chicago to do this show!

jacshelb
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Cool man, I'm doing this show as well. I should be right at the top of the light heavies, as far as weight goes. I'm tall for a light heavy though, just hoping to improve on my previous condition and do my best!

I think if you live in Iowa you can do the Iowa State and the Midwest open on the same day. I'll probably just go ahead and do both, it's what and extra $50? Worth it and makes the day go faster! lol.

ZacharyKane
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
So here we are about 12 weeks out, who's doing the show?

chris250
01-17-2010, 06:43 PM
I got a guy in the lightheavys and my wife doing the show...

legz
01-18-2010, 11:39 PM
im going to see where I stand in march and go from there...

ZacharyKane
01-24-2010, 12:58 PM
I got a guy in the lightheavys and my wife doing the show...

Is that you in the new musclemag int? And i'll probably be in the middleweights, I'm hoping to have a much better showing than I did last time. Things fell apart pretty quickly my last few weeks of prep, the flu plus moving across town was just a bad combo.

chris250
02-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Is that you in the new musclemag int? And i'll probably be in the middleweights, I'm hoping to have a much better showing than I did last time. Things fell apart pretty quickly my last few weeks of prep, the flu plus moving across town was just a bad combo.

Zack - yeah that was me...See ya at the show...Looking forward to it:yep:

lilarnold
02-22-2010, 12:53 PM
i got a guy in the show to. its his 1st show and he should come in around 185-188ish

ZacharyKane
02-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Zack - yeah that was me...See ya at the show...Looking forward to it:yep:

That's awesome man, congrats on the spread! And i'll definitely see you there!

jacshelb
03-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Well at least there'll be some competitors in the lightheavies it sounds like! I don't know whether I'm for or against it... :) Also, I was wrong about the iowa/midwest show thing, just one show this time around. I was actually looking forward to doing "both" just for the heck of it. But, should still be fun.

Good to hear you'll be there Chris. I'm hoping I'll be in much better condition this time around and you'll get the chance to see me actually in contest shape for once! I'm pretty tall for a light-heavy at around 6'2". But, this will be my last year as a LH as my lean body mass is 191 lbs right now. After this I'm taking a couple years off to gain size, then I'll come back and do the heavies and so forth.

Bekim Rizvani
03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Im getting one guy in the HW's ready for this show as a warm up for the jr nats

jacshelb
03-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Has anyone heard from Ernest? The promoter of the show called and left a vague message for me tonight, but it's too late to call him back tonight. Of course, I expect the worst. Has anyone else heard anything bad about the show or anything? I'm sure I'll get ahold of him tomorrow and find out.

jacshelb
03-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Ok, I'm a spaz. He just wanted to ask me if I wanted to crossover. I guess they are holding both the Iowa State and the Midwest on the same day! Good deal!

chris250
03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Looks like this show might be stacked...

I got a guy in the lightheavys first show...should do ok...legs are weak but everything else is there

ZacharyKane
03-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Ok, I'm a spaz. He just wanted to ask me if I wanted to crossover. I guess they are holding both the Iowa State and the Midwest on the same day! Good deal!

I still need to send in my entry form! I had really bad food poisoning last week that sort of side tracked me, did pretty amazing things for my conditioning though, so I suppose some good came from it, lol.

iForce Dave
03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Looks like this show might be stacked...

I got a guy in the lightheavys first show...should do ok...legs are weak but everything else is there

I might be doing this show as well, i havent decided... Lightheavyweight as well :dunno:

ZacharyKane
04-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I might be doing this show as well, i havent decided... Lightheavyweight as well :dunno:

If you decide to do it, best of luck to you and hopefully I'll see you there!

lilarnold
04-09-2010, 10:55 PM
is there a website?