PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes signs w/UFC

-Z-
09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
From his blog:

Quote:Last week I went out to Vegas and I signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC, which is much like my last contract. I also brought up the fact that I wanted to do a hunting show and they thought that would be a good thing.

They still have to find out who, where and when my next fight will be and I will try to post that info ASAP. Nothing is decided yet, so anything you might be reading on the internet right now is just rumors and speculation. However, one name the UFC did bring up is a person I’ve never fought before.
Last week I went out to Vegas and I signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC, which is much like my last contract. I also brought up the fact that I wanted to do a hunting show and they thought that would be a good thing.

They still have to find out who, where and when my next fight will be and I will try to post that info ASAP. Nothing is decided yet, so anything you might be reading on the internet right now is just rumors and speculation. However, one name the UFC did bring up is a person I’ve never fought before.
http://mrsunshinevegas.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/hughes.jpg
sherdog.com

SlimTim
09-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Its going to be interesting to see who they put him up against.... He really cant hang with the top of the welterweight division anymore, but there are still some interesting matchups for him, theres alot of other gate keepers at 170 for him to battle it out with.

kratos47
09-04-2009, 06:04 AM
how do u think he would do against silva?

-Z-
09-04-2009, 06:47 AM
how do u think he would do against silva?

He wouldn't make it to round 2.

Plates
09-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Dude....................no comment on any of this madness.....

chitownmscle
09-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Alas Matt Hughes, how we knew the to be a dominant force in the UFC to have fallen so far. Hughes was great for a long time. Now he is just another fighter holding on too long

JLucas
09-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Meh, wats with these big contracts deals to old great fighters, first Randy, now Hughes. Is Dana trying to chronicle the destruction of peoples heros via ufc event tv coverage? Guess its a 2-way street though, If they think they can fight than its their choice. Hope the best 4 him.

lilfella
09-07-2009, 11:25 AM
It's all about PPV! I would much rather see some great up and comers in there, but Joe Schmoe doesn't want to order PPV to see someone he doesn't know.

TPT
09-07-2009, 12:06 PM
this might be an effort to let hughes retire in the ufc similar to randy. if might be a blow to dana to watch two golden boys of the ufc off in strikeforce or in japan.

lilfella
09-07-2009, 12:11 PM
this might be an effort to let hughes retire in the ufc similar to randy. if might be a blow to dana to watch two golden boys of the ufc off in strikeforce or in japan.
good point. I want to see these guys that made UFC what it is, like Matt get all the respect/money they deserve.

JLucas
09-07-2009, 01:30 PM

That makes sense, Dana is a buisness man if anything.

phillymuscle
09-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I think he still has a couple fights left in him. I don't think he's a main event quality fighter any longer. Unless it's possibly an UFN card