PDA

View Full Version : Air travel with HRT meds

SpeedoGuido
09-04-2009, 05:02 AM
I haven't flown since I started my HRT protocol. Next week I will be flying domestically on Southwest.

I was wondering how the airlines deal with liquid prescription meds?
I feel safer putting my testosterone in my carry on luggage than in my checked bags, but I'm not sure if security allows this.
Will putting the bottle in a one quart ziplock bag be good enough? And what about the syringes?
I really want to avoid any hassles.

I was thinking maybe I should just keep the meds in the pockets of my pants. If I don't get x-rayed I'll get through. I smuggled Sinex nasal spray through like this before.... I know, I'm living on the edge!

javaman
09-04-2009, 10:15 AM
You will not have any problems with meds or pins. Keep scripts with you just in case. Take through in carry-on. I usually tell them in advance that I am carrying meds. With growth you need to keep cooled and ice pack is a flag. You will be surprised, but they really don't care about your meds. Safe trip.

esplendido
09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I always pack my shit in my checked luggage. The only danger is losing your luggage. I don't want to have to explain to anyone why I have AAS/GH on me, even if I have a script for some or all of it. I pack it in my toilet bag. No one ever opens your suitcase and your toilet bag to check for anything.

SpeedoGuido
09-05-2009, 05:42 AM
You will not have any problems with meds or pins. Keep scripts with you just in case. Take through in carry-on. I usually tell them in advance that I am carrying meds. With growth you need to keep cooled and ice pack is a flag. You will be surprised, but they really don't care about your meds. Safe trip.

I prefer to carry it on but the GI Joe security has given me a hard time about a tiny tube of toothpaste before! That's why I'm a little reluctant.

I always pack my shit in my checked luggage. The only danger is losing your luggage. I don't want to have to explain to anyone why I have AAS/GH on me, even if I have a script for some or all of it. I pack it in my toilet bag. No one ever opens your suitcase and your toilet bag to check for anything.

If bottle of test that I pack in my checked bags was used for a couple of treatments (18 gauge needle to draw) is there a chance that some oil might leak out or does the hole seal pretty tight after you draw the needle out?

esplendido
09-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I prefer to carry it on but the GI Joe security has given me a hard time about a tiny tube of toothpaste before! That's why I'm a little reluctant.

If bottle of test that I pack in my checked bags was used for a couple of treatments (18 gauge needle to draw) is there a chance that some oil might leak out or does the hole seal pretty tight after you draw the needle out?

Assuming that the rubber stop does not heal the needle hole like it should, the best thing to do is to draw a little air out of the vial, say 2CC's. As the pressure changes in the cargo hold, the air in the vial, which now has a vacuum, will expand to normal capacity. You shouldn't lose any fluid.

I've never had a problem and I've even checked loaded syringes.

D_T
09-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I just take a shot a few days early so I don't have to travel with anything...a week or so without isn't going to upset things much.

Luv2Hurt
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I just take a shot a few days early so I don't have to travel with anything...a week or so without isn't going to upset things much.

Agree unless maybe you are in the middle of a very important cycle or something a week will be fine if using test E or C or any of the longer ester anabolics such as deca, EQ....

Jacquester
09-19-2009, 11:26 AM
What about cruise ships?

over40
09-27-2009, 02:15 PM
I haven't flown since I started my HRT protocol. Next week I will be flying domestically on Southwest.

I was wondering how the airlines deal with liquid prescription meds?
I feel safer putting my testosterone in my carry on luggage than in my checked bags, but I'm not sure if security allows this.
Will putting the bottle in a one quart ziplock bag be good enough? And what about the syringes?
I really want to avoid any hassles.

I was thinking maybe I should just keep the meds in the pockets of my pants. If I don't get x-rayed I'll get through. I smuggled Sinex nasal spray through like this before.... I know, I'm living on the edge!

I go through airport securety twice a week and have never had a problem with meds. The GH packed cold might raise a red flag, but they can't take it away. They won't even look at the needles.

I carry food and all my protien powder with me and no problem. The only thing they took away was a jar of natural peanut butter ( I accused them of needing something for lunch ). I have even had a full rotissery chicken that I sent through the X-Ray. LOL

Good Luck on your travels.