PDA

View Full Version : Now I have to figure out what to do...

Quadsweep
09-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I was told by the judges that my upper body is overpowering my legs. Results of a double quad rupture. If I gain mass in my legs no way in hell will I make Lt/Hvys again. I weigh as much or more onstage than when I had 30" quads..now 27 so my upper body did for sure put on mass. I have coasted for the last 4 years or so as far as my weight goes..staying to lean to gain mass off season.
So I am going up to 240# This will be the most I have weighed since my first quad rupture. I think I will be around 7.5% so still lean but fat for me. I am designing some brutal leg workouts using volume type training like Giant sets, 21's, 1 and 1/2's, super slow motion, anything I can think of to kill my legs but not my knees. I am also going to dead every other week. Something I have been remiss in and I think my mid back shows it as well as my adductors as I sumo dead. I suppose I mean to say on everything I can I am going back to basics..
As far as diet I am going to have to pound to get to 240# I am a week after the show almost and still up only 7# this morning! I am using one of Dave's off season diets. may have to add some fats to it for calories. I will also use Dave this year for contest prep. I have found I lose objectivity as the show gets close and it stresses me out so it will be well worth the money to not stress about it!
I figure I have a week or two before my water gets back to normal. I was up to 213# in a day from 198 the other day and can still feel me wanting to swell when I eat bad. But when that's done with its on like Donkey Kong! Looking forward to the challenge of putting on lean mass in the face of my own body's adversity!

Jeff

Scoobysnacks
09-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Jeff,

This sounds good. Are you unable to squat any appreciable growth weight now due to the ruptures, Im guessing so, since I didnt see the squat listed.

I brought my adductors up with the adductor machine, I know its a machine and what not, but it hurts like a bitch if you load it up and it helped mine and should put no stress on the knees, Im sure you could superset this in with your deads or other exercises designed to hit the adductors.

Is your gym only a personal training studio or do you allows the public to purchase passes etc.? I wouldnt mind for a change of scenery one weekend coming out.

Ss

Quadsweep
09-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Would love to have you out. Its a 24/7 access gym. And I can squat still. I have not gone over 315 but I think that could be enough. I also do front squats, Hacks, Reverse hacks, Sissy squats, Leg Presses, Lunges, Funny extensions feel the worst and I think they are least effective of all exercises listed! Seriously though anytime you wanna train call me. Think you have my number if no PM me. Ohhh...I also have a paramount Total leg swing squat that will mess you up! http://www.afproducts.com/products/item/category/strength/paramount-fw-8800-total-leg Pic of it!

Jeff Storch
Jeff,

This sounds good. Are you unable to squat any appreciable growth weight now due to the ruptures, Im guessing so, since I didnt see the squat listed.

I brought my adductors up with the adductor machine, I know its a machine and what not, but it hurts like a bitch if you load it up and it helped mine and should put no stress on the knees, Im sure you could superset this in with your deads or other exercises designed to hit the adductors.

Is your gym only a personal training studio or do you allows the public to purchase passes etc.? I wouldnt mind for a change of scenery one weekend coming out.

Ss

Northman
09-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Do you just go till you can't walk Quad?

Scoobysnacks
09-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Would love to have you out. Its a 24/7 access gym. And I can squat still. I have not gone over 315 but I think that could be enough. I also do front squats, Hacks, Reverse hacks, Sissy squats, Leg Presses, Lunges, Funny extensions feel the worst and I think they are least effective of all exercises listed! Seriously though anytime you wanna train call me. Think you have my number if no PM me. Ohhh...I also have a paramount Total leg swing squat that will mess you up! http://www.afproducts.com/products/item/category/strength/paramount-fw-8800-total-leg Pic of it!

Jeff Storch

Ive used one of those before but we dont have one at LA Fitness that I train at. Ill shoot you a PM.

Ss