PDA

View Full Version : Reps

Curt James
09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
The neg/rep system has its benefits. I've seen the red and green "Skittles" used on BB.com (where this idea originated) as well as Bodybuilding Dungeon.

One good reason to rep someone would be as recognition for dedication in the gym.

People often keep track of their workouts via training journals, but with a bazillion journals I'm sure many get overlooked.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR SELF-NOMINATIONS BUT RATHER NOMINATING OTHERS.

1.) The Nominated member will HAVE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE workout journal that has been posted for three months long or longer.

Members who include pics and videos of progression in their journals have some excellent journals.

That is one way to keep a great journal but in the end, dedication is dedication.

2.) The nominations will hopefully be posted here. Rx'ers are encouraged to rep those members nominated after a review of the nominated journal, upon recharge, or whenever they can.

freak
09-04-2009, 04:00 PM
what about mine? i just had mine deleted and started a new one.

The Big Sexy
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Actually, I wanna say this idea originated on EliteFitness... which, was up and running well before bodybuilding.com - although, I think BBing.com gained the acclaim for it.

Shadow
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Wuuuuuuut?

Curt James
09-04-2009, 04:55 PM
TBS, it very well may have but by "this idea" I meant regurgitating or reincarnating the "rep nomination thread" on Rx Muscle, not that bb.com was the origin of the concept.

That's where I know it from, though.

freak, no self-nominating, bro! But I'd nominate your journal, definitely. Wait, you deleted it? :confused:

And I'm not married to the three-month minimum. That was just the time limit noted in the bb.com thread.

Shadow, WUUUUUT? :D

Nominations off the cuff:

Kelly Baker (is she still here?) has a journal that reads like an exercise textbook mixed with an action-adventure movie. Seek this one out!

steveg is one of the most upbeat, technical yet accessible, family-oriented journals I've ever read. Steve has consistently useful feedback and posts.

robert da strongman's journal is worth the visit just for his one training video. Yaaarrrr!!!

Curt James
09-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Nominations off the cuff:

Kelly Baker (is she still here?) has a journal that reads like an exercise textbook mixed with an action-adventure movie. Seek this one out!

steveg is one of the most upbeat, technical yet accessible, family-oriented journals I've ever read. Steve has consistently useful feedback and posts.

robert da strongman's journal is worth the visit just for his one training video. Yaaarrrr!!!

That should have been "steve g". Missed the space in his user name.

Pointing out Shadow's journal. It's nearing the three-month mark, has an impressive list of regulars with corresponding camaraderie and lots of side discussions on training as well as non-training topics. Great workout entries and of special interest is Shadow's "Afterthoughts" section!

See My Quest for a Bigger Shadow - RX Muscle Forums

Kelly's journal: Kaizen-The Philosophy of Continual Improvement - RX Muscle Forums

Steve's: RX Muscle Forums (No update since April.)

Robert's: dropping a load - RX Muscle Forums

haHA :p D'OH! My memory is garbage. Steve doesn't maintain a journal here. His journal (elsewhere) is definitely worth seeking out, though.

I'm going to rep Kelly and Robert for their creative journal titles! :D

:beerbang: