PDA

View Full Version : Apollon gym presents npc new jersey state championships & npc tri-state championships

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
2009 APOLLON GYM NPC
NEW JERSEY STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
&
NPC TRI-STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

NATIONAL QUALIFIER

promoted by:
Robert & Marina Samborsky

Date: October 31st
Time: Prejudging 11am (Athletes weigh in 9am)
Finals 6pm
401 Monroe Avenue
Kenilworth,NJ

Host: Tatiana Butler

Special Guests:
Evan Centopani
Irina Veselova
Jason Arntz
Jenny Lynn
Kai Greene
Vinny Galanti
Michael Termini
Drew Jemmott

Tickets go on sale at Apollon Gym on September 15
www.apollongym.com (http://www.apollongym.com)

JRob
09-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I thought the 31st show was at plainfield highschool? Thats what NPC website has it listed for!

JRob
09-05-2009, 12:18 PM
wait, am a little confused now lol
there are 2 shows no same date ran by apollon?
one at plainfield high being the tri states?
and the other at kenilworth high being the state championships?

BigBilly
09-05-2009, 01:17 PM
good question

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I thought the 31st show was at plainfield highschool? Thats what NPC website has it listed for!
No, in Kenilworth high school.

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Why anyone would want to put a show in a f*#d up hood rat high school such as Plainfield high is beyond me.But no, both shows are in Kenilworth on Halloween.

Biggie973
09-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm there!!!

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Big Sean Allen just mentioned that he's coming to help hand out trophies.

JRob
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
npc site has it set for plainfield high, they need to change that ;)

Do you mind explaining how 2 contests are going to be held at the same date at the same place? I'll be attending and am still trying to figure out how this day is being run.

BigBilly
09-07-2009, 01:36 PM
why anyone would want to put a show in a f*#d up hood rat high school such as plainfield high is beyond me.but no, both shows are in kenilworth on halloween.

phs is a hoodrat school? U ever been?

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-07-2009, 02:59 PM
npc site has it set for plainfield high, they need to change that ;)

Do you mind explaining how 2 contests are going to be held at the same date at the same place? I'll be attending and am still trying to figure out how this day is being run.
If you've been to the last couple shows in Kenilworth they have been recently holding 2 shows each time.If I remember the names correctly they had the Suburban and New Jersey ChampionShips together.You can compete in one or both.After one show is done and all trohies are handed out they break for about 25 minutes and get ready for another show.It is a little long but competitors get a chance to snag 2 titles that night.Tickets cover both shows.Never went to the prejudging but I'm sure they split it up that way.I always see higher quality competitors only compete once and only at the second contest usually not at both maybe because it is too exhausting to go through judging twice.

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Earlier this year,Dave Palumbo's client,Juan Diesel Morel watched the first show in the audience.After it was over and they took a 20 minute break and prepared for the second contest.Juan competed in that one and beat everyone and won the heavyweight and overall class.

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 03:50 PM
WoW I thought shows like this ran at the same time. Interesting.

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
WoW I thought shows like this ran at the same time. Interesting.
2 shows together can run about 4 hours or so which is fairly quick.It's not jampacked like the Nationals or something or it will never work.Go to thegallerysection of RX Muscle and look for the Northeast GrandPrix it had a novice and open class that you can compete in one or both.

MsGuns
09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
2 shows together can run about 4 hours or so which is fairly quick.It's not jampacked like the Nationals or something or it will never work.Go to the contest section of RX Muscle and look for the Suburban New Jersey or New Jersey State Championships and you get an idea of how many people enter the "double shows".

Ive been in a double/triple show. Maybe its not the same, but each division had its own title. Novice, Open and Pro show had different titles on the trophy.

BIG AL WILLIAMS
09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Ive been in a double/triple show. Maybe its not the same, but each division had its own title. Novice, Open and Pro show had different titles on the trophy.
Sort of like that.Usually one show is considered novice and the other open.Shoot for two trophies if you can.

JRob
09-08-2009, 12:47 AM
If you've been to the last couple shows in Kenilworth they have been recently holding 2 shows each time.If I remember the names correctly they had the Suburban and New Jersey ChampionShips together.You can compete in one or both.After one show is done and all trohies are handed out they break for about 25 minutes and get ready for another show.It is a little long but competitors get a chance to snag 2 titles that night.Tickets cover both shows.Never went to the prejudging but I'm sure they split it up that way.I always see higher quality competitors only compete once and only at the second contest usually not at both maybe because it is too exhausting to go through judging twice.

Sorry Im so newb but its starting to make more sense lol
I may have to go over to Apollon and ask Rob some question about how this is layed out. I may think of competeing novice. Each show has its own novice and open classes right? When you said above you could compete Novice in one and Open in the other, couldnt you just crossover and do that in the same competition itself. Rather then competeing all day, you come out twice in 1 show for both Novice and Open?

stephaniewicked
09-08-2009, 09:40 AM
I will be there!

e-rock
09-08-2009, 11:26 AM
hi, i am competing there also, i spoke to someone at appolon gym and explained some things to me. the jersey state championships are only open to NJ residents, then the tri-states are open to whoever, wasnt sure if this was mentioned already.

BigBilly
09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I will be there!

lets go steph

JRob
09-08-2009, 08:27 PM
hi, i am competing there also, i spoke to someone at appolon gym and explained some things to me. the jersey state championships are only open to NJ residents, then the tri-states are open to whoever, wasnt sure if this was mentioned already.

good to know! when you signed up you were given the option of what show you choose? were you explained to then how the day would be run?

e-rock
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
i didn't sign up yet, will do whatever the day of the show, i just called the gym and asked what was going on, but they didn't give me a run down of the show. just that nj residents can compete in the jersey championships and out of town people can do the tri-state show

JRob
09-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice! THanks for the heads up. Best of Luck! I may come in for the Novice Class. Right now with my constant (grrr) stalling weightloss , it looks like I may be coming in as a LH

e-rock
09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
good luck i will be in the MW

stephaniewicked
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
lets go steph

Oh, I'm not competing.. lol. I definitely do NOT belong on a stage again anytime soon!! I'll be in attendance, I meant.

BigBilly
09-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice! THanks for the heads up. Best of Luck! I may come in for the Novice Class. Right now with my constant (grrr) stalling weightloss , it looks like I may be coming in as a LH

post up pics kiddo

JRob
09-10-2009, 11:41 AM
;) ;)

cant let any potential competition scope me out now can I? lol

JRob
09-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Anyone competeing Novice MW or LHW?

JRob
09-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Well off to AC for the ProAm under 202 show tomorrow!

Niles
09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
i will be there.

Gr8rGood
10-15-2009, 12:05 AM
I bodybuilding show on Halloween in New Jersey? I may show up.

BigBilly
10-18-2009, 03:00 PM
What times does the prejudging and finals start for the nj states and the tri states?

JRob
10-18-2009, 11:31 PM
weigh in 9am
prejudge 11am
night show 6pm

BigBilly
10-19-2009, 09:45 AM
weigh in 9am
prejudge 11am
night show 6pm

so both prejuding starts at 11a?

JRob
10-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I couldnt tell you that part <shrugs>
Earlier in the thread I was asking questions like that as well. Somewhat confused as to how both shows are going to be run. I heard back to back..... <shrugs>

So is that like all prejudging of 1 show followed by all of the other? Or 1class of 1 show followed by the same class of the other show? lol

Id go with the second one. One class from 1 show after the other. Just my guess though.

BigBilly
10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
im ask big williams

Apollon Gym
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Thank you all for supporting the show.
We are expecting to have a great event once again. Lots of guests and few additions are top National athletes Sean Allen, Kris Lecomte, Sheldon Hall and Kelli Watkins.
Also will have giveaways... free training with Kris Lecomte, Irina Veselova, Dorian Yates, free products from Dorian Yates Nutrition and 1 year membership to Apollon

e-rock
10-21-2009, 02:01 PM
looking forward to competing at this show

TooPowerful4u
10-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Im in at HWT! Should be a great show, it was amazing last year. Great competition from all over and i met a girl i dated for 9 months there last year! Great booths and sponsors in the hallway as well. It was just an overall good time and great experience. Only thing i was hoping for was bigger mirrors back stage lol........

Its also good to see the night show kicking off an hour early due to halloween, lets hope it starts on time!

Guest posers will once again be phenomenal headlined by Kai Greene! Here are some pix i got the big man to take with me last year, really helped with motivation whenever i needed it.....

e-rock
10-21-2009, 03:26 PM
do you know how they ran the show last year in terms of like tri states first then the jersey show? good luck too

JRob
10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
looking forward to competing at this show

I can second that!

Your showing in the Jersey Open MW I assume?

e-rock
10-21-2009, 04:19 PM
I can second that!

Your showing in the Jersey Open MW I assume?

no, will be in the tri-state MW, i am from ny

JRob
10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Shooting for a national slot...bring it hard man!

I'll see you there!

e-rock
10-22-2009, 01:32 PM
sounds good, whaich show and class are you doing?

JRob
10-23-2009, 11:09 AM
tristate novice mw

JRob
10-29-2009, 03:47 PM
TTT
2days!!!!

PTB
10-31-2009, 04:30 PM
OK now I'm confused. I just mapquest'd the address, and I'm coming up with the
David Brearley Middle School at that 401 Monroe Avenue address. Is it at the middle school or the high school?

PTB
10-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Just got back. It WAS the middle school, not the high school.

Good to get back to a show. Haven't been to one in over 8 years.

Saw Ms. KAT RAMIREZ at the Species booth. She was very cool and friendly. I picked up some Isolyze, Fiberlyze, and Mac Oil.

She gave me 2 free t-shirts, and her partner there - I forget is name (argh!!), gave me a free Species sports bag.

Also got tons of samples, and I may have just found a new doctor in Manville, who's a competitive bodybuilder AND family practitioner. Finally, someone who knows something about
medicine AND working out!!

Was also able to get a few snaps with Kai, BSA, and Brian Yersky:

PTB
10-31-2009, 11:19 PM
sorry, that wasn't brian, it was Kris Lecomte

I will definatley get a guest pass and do some training at Apollon. I hear BSA is training out there now too.

PTB
10-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh, and lastly, that was BIG J1 at the Species booth!! Very friendly and helpful. Thanks again for the bag, and I look forward to seeing you again at a future show!!!

jeff binns
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
All the show photos are up!
Check them out -
www.jeffbinnsphotography.com (http://www.jeffbinnsphotography.com)