PDA

View Full Version : Sylvia will play Jason Voorhees

Goodfellas
09-05-2009, 05:55 PM
After showing up as a sloppy, hairy 315-pound beast for his last fight, Tim Sylvia is a natural to be cast as a horror film monster. Fighters.com is reporting that he got a gig in the latest Friday the 13th movie. Yes, we're serious.

Sylvia has been a blogosphere punchline since he was knocked out in 10 seconds by 48-year-old Ray Mercer. He's a favorite of photoshoppers. We can't even imagine what comes now when MMA fans find out Sylvia is the latest Jason Vorhees.

Sylvia does have a return fight in less than three weeks on September 18 at Adrenaline MMA 4 in Iowa. The movie is filming in the Boston area. Here's hoping that filming is taking just a few hours a day and he's actually training for his fight against Jason Riley. Fighters.com says Sylvia is working with Boston-based trainer Mark DellaGrotte.

JAM
09-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Damn, if that's for real I think he'd make an awesome Jason. Pretty much, your only requirement is to be able to create be intimidating, be fuggin' huge, and a plus is there are no lines.

-Z-
09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
It's real, it's one of Yahoo's top stories.

JAM
09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I think Tyler Mane does an awesome job for characters that need to be big and badass. Most recently he did awesome as the giant monster-sized Mike Myers, and also Big Ajax (I guess just Ajax since there was no little Ajax like the book had), Sabertooth, etc... I really don't think people would really notice too much with the heavily clothes masked characters.

JLucas
09-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Wow, he's a huge fatty in that above picture. His opponents now properly submit just so they dont have to look at him anymore.

chitownmscle
09-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Well he got to do something to make some money. His MMA career has gone down the toilet.

ebfitness
09-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Meh.