PDA

View Full Version : weights w/ cardio?

Nuevaluna74
09-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I just joined the forum and have enjoyed skimming through many of hte forum topics. I started off last year at 265lbs (I'm 5'9), obviously pretty overweight. Since then I've kept it simple and redued calories by slowly phasing out dinner and eating out alot, and did at least 4 days of cardio a week. This worked for me since I am on the road alot for work. I am now at 205 and still have some flab to lose, but I've been stuck because I'm having a hard time reducing calories. In short, I'd like to start lifting again, to gain muscle since I understand this will help. If anyone could provide me a breakdown routine for the week what has worked for them I'd greatly appreciate it. :) My goal is to drop around 180 or so, but more importanly be fitter and smaller as well; tired of having a waistline and the spare tire.

G

GirlyMuscle
09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Body For Life by Bill Phillips. Give it a try. It's the best beginners plan out there. It will teach you ALL the basics.

Nuevaluna74
11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I've heard several people talk of that book; I'll check it out for sure. Thank you!

DAVIDHARDY
11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
I just joined the forum and have enjoyed skimming through many of hte forum topics. I started off last year at 265lbs (I'm 5'9), obviously pretty overweight. Since then I've kept it simple and redued calories by slowly phasing out dinner and eating out alot, and did at least 4 days of cardio a week. This worked for me since I am on the road alot for work. I am now at 205 and still have some flab to lose, but I've been stuck because I'm having a hard time reducing calories. In short, I'd like to start lifting again, to gain muscle since I understand this will help. If anyone could provide me a breakdown routine for the week what has worked for them I'd greatly appreciate it. :) My goal is to drop around 180 or so, but more importanly be fitter and smaller as well; tired of having a waistline and the spare tire.

G

If you REALLY want to blast the fat off and then go to a maintenance plan, then I'd suggest a keto diet. Suffer for a while and then just maintain it for life if that's your plan. A nice 12-16 week suffering will really get you lean. That's not really that long then your back to eating a balanced diet with room for a cheat here and there as long as you stay active. Keto diet, heavy lifting, and low intensity cardio will do wonders from my personal expierence.