PDA

View Full Version : Wand's Facial Surgery

-Z-
09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Hoping to end some of the widespread speculation about his recent plastic surgery, Wanderlei Silva on late Friday released a new video blog to discuss the necessity of the procedure.

Silva said a massive amount of scar tissue required his surgeon to rework the area around his eyes and nose.

After the first post-surgery photos hit the online MMA world last month, many fans pointed to a "pulled-back" look to Silva's eyes.

While such a procedure is usually done to make one look younger, Silva said his surgery was all about necessity and wanting a fresh start for a run in the UFC's middleweight division.

"There was a lot of speculation about my surgery," said Silva, who spoke in his native Portuguese and provided English subtitles. "People are noticing my eyes, and this is what happened. [The doctor] scraped the eye's bones. I've had more than 200 stitches ... in the area of the eyes. So the doctor scraped my skull, so that (swelling) will go down.

"The goal is for me not to get cut so easily in my next fight because before I was receiving big cuts only from scratches. I was always having to get seven, 10, 15 stitches, and this was hurting my performance."

Silva said he also had the surgeon rework his nose area, which had been broken during a fight with Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic in 2006 and continued to bend and warp from additional breaks in training and other fights.

"I fixed my nose, and now I'm breathing better, snoring less," said Silva, who said he suffered from sleep apnea and awoke four or five times per night. "Now I can sleep through the night, and I'm feeling very good."

Silva said the procedures were done because they were required for a "different stage of my career."

Once one of the world's most dangerous fighters and a superstar of PRIDE, Silva is just 1-5 since that loss to Filipovic. He most recently suffered a unanimous-decision loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 99.

That fight took place at 195 pounds, and the former light heavyweight said he'll make the full drop to 185 pounds for his next bout.

"I want to start a new era with a fresh beginning," said Silva, who isn't sure when he'll return to the octagon.

For the complete video, in which Silva also explains why he took some time off to build his own fight team, check out the embedded video.

mmajunkie.com

KuTrV1P3jdg

-Z-
09-06-2009, 08:21 PM
He looks awake.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
I prefered him old look, he no longer looks like the all mighty badass that dominated the PRIDE Middleweight division.

SlimTim
09-06-2009, 09:13 PM
There was a big debate about this kind of surgery after Nick Diaz had a similar procedure done. Does getting plastic surgery to help prevent getting cut give you an unfair advantage? Some would say...

Plates
09-06-2009, 09:19 PM
He actually looks refreshed!

JLucas
09-07-2009, 01:47 AM
He doesnt have that bad ass face anymore, I dont think his evil staredowns will ever be the same. I hope he comes into the 185 class and starts whooping ass. Id love to see the old intimidating,vicious monster that dominated in Pride.

ebfitness
09-08-2009, 12:21 PM
He doesnt have that bad ass face anymore, I dont think his evil staredowns will ever be the same. I hope he comes into the 185 class and starts whooping ass. Id love to see the old intimidating,vicious monster that dominated in Pride.
Agreed.

-Z-
09-08-2009, 12:22 PM

He better start juicing again then.

Mirko Cro Cop
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM

The old Wandi died when Cro Cop left high kicked him at Final Confliction 2006.

lilfella
09-08-2009, 12:26 PM
So you can not take steroids, but you can have multiple surgical operations on your face to prevent future cuts and improve breathing?

-Z-
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
So you can not take steroids, but you can have multiple surgical operations on your face to prevent future cuts and improve breathing?

Yep and breast implants.

Plates
09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I cant get over how weird he looks there! It looks like someone is seconds away from telling him a punchline of a joke!

-Z-
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I cant get over how weird he looks there! It looks like someone is seconds away from telling him a punchline of a joke!

He looks so surprised. lol

phillymuscle
09-08-2009, 06:48 PM
There's not enough surgery in the world that'll fix that face

phillymuscle
09-08-2009, 06:51 PM
If u give him a red Afro he'll look just like carrot top

KirkBenoit
09-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't think he look better or worse. Considering what he looked like before surgery, I don't think I can honestly gauge if this was an improvement or not.
facialsurgeryguide.com

swingslammer
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
While he was at it why didn't he get his ears fixed? Ouch...

Curt James
09-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't think he look better or worse. Considering what he looked like before surgery, I don't think I can honestly gauge if this was an improvement or not.
SPAM.com

:no:

The facial surgery is all very best for the over all improvement of the face. It improve the problem related to nose,ears,cheek on face. The facial surgery is very popular.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/smileys/ban-hammer-im.jpg

AussieMuscle
09-27-2011, 04:51 AM
facialsurgeryguide.com

I did a poo on my neighbors door step..